Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Greg

TRENCHED in Europe!

437 posts in this topic

We’ve had players in Europe reporting that they can’t find the game on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Where is TRENCHED in Europe? We’re glad you asked! We were planning to ship the game simultaneously in all territories but we’ve run into some snags! This has nothing to do with the fact that English is really hard to translate into German. We love German… it’s a beautiful language! Honest!

We’re trying very hard to resolve our European problems as quickly as we can. We’re sorry for the inconvenience to all of our European friends. We want to play TRENCHED with you guys really badly! We’re not sure when these issues will be taken care of but we’ll let you know as soon as things are straightened out! Thanks!

Love,

Double Fine

So, it hasn't been released because it lacks a German translation?!?

I am German, but I would have played the game in the original language - English , anyway.

Duh!

I am German, but I would have played the game in the original language - English , anyway.

Duh!

I'm 100% certain that was a joke. Unless you knew it was a joke and playing along, then I would look like a fool.

Can you give an estimate on release at least? Are we talking hours, days, weeks, months?

Also, instead of keeping us in the dark, it would be good to hear what exactly the problem is? We are interested and keeping it a secret is worse than being open and honest.

I wouldn't withold the release too long anyway, look what happened to Duke Nukem Forever. Plus, microsoft points never stay on my account for long, so if the release isn't soon, then you may have lost at least one customer.

Duh!

I'm 100% certain that was a joke. Unless you knew it was a joke and playing along, then I would look like a fool.

Well, as I said - I am German. So I lack all sense of humour. I was dead serious!

ah great! title.. very... misleading.. so any idea how long?

oh btw why do i? a guy that lives in jersey channel islands... have to wait for a game to be translated into a language ill never use? where the population speaks english..

explain this ridiculas situation to me please?

p.s. it maddens me more that the fact im not playing trenched is bcuz you guys cant translate english into german.. the same germany that invaded my island jersey channel islands and killed and destroyed most of our island...

ah great! title.. very... misleading.. so any idea how long?

oh btw why do i? a guy that lives in jersey channel islands... have to wait for a game to be translated into a language ill never use? where the population speaks english..

explain this ridiculas situation to me please?

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

But, hey! New drinking game - Whenever DFGreg uses the words 'Europe' or 'European' in a post discussing this issue, everyone downs a shot of Tequila?

That way we'll all be far too drunk to care.... Btw you're all already four shots behind.

Btw you're all already four shots behind.

Does that mean you've already done your 4? =P

We’ve had players in Europe reporting that they can’t find the game on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Where is TRENCHED in Europe? We’re glad you asked! We were planning to ship the game simultaneously in all territories but we’ve run into some snags! This has nothing to do with the fact that English is really hard to translate into German. We love German… it’s a beautiful language! Honest!

We’re trying very hard to resolve our European problems as quickly as we can. We’re sorry for the inconvenience to all of our European friends. We want to play TRENCHED with you guys really badly! We’re not sure when these issues will be taken care of but we’ll let you know as soon as things are straightened out! Thanks!

Love,

Double Fine

Four shots.

BUMP

Oh yeah im totally p??sed off with this i was hoping it was micro$ofts fault, still dont really understand why it aint out in U.K. i thought we spawned the freakiing language but ho hum!!!

yeah i got fed up with the stupid fucks here and made us account and was playing in 20 mins.. game quite shit realy

yeah i got fed up with the stupid fucks here and made us account and was playing in 20 mins.. game quite shit realy
<333

I still don't really see what the problem is on both sides.

Christ, you can't wait an extra day to play a video game?

I'm really disappointed, I was looking forward to Trenched a lot. I was waiting on xbox.com for marketplace to update and refreshing throughout the day. Only now are we finding out the game is not available and we still don't even know what really happened or when it will be available. The only info we have is some countries had some problems with it, it is gone entirely from xbox.com and it will arrive soon. I think we all know the definition of soon differs greatly between gamer and developer.

I even tweeted a few of the Double Fine peeps on twitter, and received no reply at all.

I really want to buy your game Double Fine but you're making it difficult for me to even get it. I'm sure there is no laws or restrictions here in the UK that would hinder the release of this game so why can't we play it? certain other countries within Europe do actually have access to the game...

What bothers me the most about all of this is that no more news has come. It's been like what...12 hours now since the release? And still we are stuck with "distribution issues" as the cause. I for one would like to know if it's licensing, legal issues, moral stuff (trenches and all that), or even if it's the servers that are failing you.

Someone from DF (or admin) please please please find out more ; _ ; I have pretty much an entire week before my next class and this was THE game for this week.

Any news today peeps at Double Fine????

Hope its here today really want this game pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, just wanna play the game, i want to give u my money please???????!!!!!!!!???????!!!!

I was looking for a smiley crying but couldnt find one!!

I'm not mad anymore DF im just very very sad!! I cried myself to sleep lastnite not being able to play Trenched the game ive been waiting so long to play, I know ure doing everything u can just some more info would b nice, Im constantly checking my WP7 through the day even when im up a tree using my chainsaw!!(im a tree surgeon nothing weird going on!!) Then when i get home I cruise the Internets with my fingers cossed, so please let us know whats going on please!!!!!!!!!! :long:

According to 'WinterSnowblind' on the Eurogamer forums...

'Apparently it has something to do with a Nazi salute being in the game. You do have the ability to randomly salute with the analogue stick while walking around lobbies, so this seems quite likely.. And unfortunately means the game could be delayed for quite a while. '

According to 'WinterSnowblind' on the Eurogamer forums...

'Apparently it has something to do with a Nazi salute being in the game. You do have the ability to randomly salute with the analogue stick while walking around lobbies, so this seems quite likely.. And unfortunately means the game could be delayed for quite a while. '

I could see how that would be a problem with a lot of European censors, mostly the German ones though. They like to pretend Nazis never existed and that everyone had a collective hallucination.

*stunned in silence* this can not be happening. has Europe not moved past this? Hell I'm sure there are plenty of games portraying Nazis more than that right?

*stunned in silence* this can not be happening. has Europe not moved past this? Hell I'm sure there are plenty of games portraying Nazis more than that right?

I think most of Europe has, just not Germany. I'm pretty sure all WWII games were either banned or heavily censored there.

Dammm yooooouuuu Hitler~ Years later they still manage to ruin the start of what was to be a wonderful summer holiday =P

Didn't Michael Bay recently claim that Spielberg fired Megan Fox from Transformers for making a Nazi comment?

I think most of Europe has, just not Germany. I'm pretty sure all WWII games were either banned or heavily censored there.

Yeah... Any/all Nazi symbolism in a game automatically makes it illegal to sell in Germany.

Though don't take my last post as the gospel truth - It's just a cut & paste from a forum post. I've no genuine info myself.

Wait, so... This is going to be removed for the whole of Europe? Seriously? I don't even live in Germany! Ugh, this is almost making me tempted to get a new account and set it to US purely so I can actually get the game... Is that even possible?

I'm fairly certain that Spileberg had nothing to do with Fox getting cut and it was 100% Bay's decision.

Also, anything that is Nazi related is illegal in Germany. That includes old uniforms and weapons, anything with a Swastika on it and I think might include old Nazi propaganda films too. I see no reason why they wouldn't include video games. Like I said, they would have had to be edited like the SNES port of Wolfenstien 3D or they would just be outright banned.

Wait, so... This is going to be removed for the whole of Europe? Seriously? I don't even live in Germany! Ugh, this is almost making me tempted to get a new account and set it to US purely so I can actually get the game... Is that even possible?

I think its because MS's Europe department distributes all over Europe through the same servers and system, meaning that they can't just remove it from German player's listings without removing it for all of Europe. I don't understand why they would do this, considering that Europe is a small place with way too many countries and way too different laws between them. I would have thought that they had these issues before with some other games.