Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kylogram

Psychonauts no longer available on Xbox Live Marketplace?

49 posts in this topic

Just two days ago, I started toying with the idea of buying Psychonauts from XBLM, I managed to find it then, and almost bought it, but decided to wait until I had the time to play it.

Now, only two days later, and for no apparent reason, the game has been removed from the marketplace. No news about it, and the only answer I get from Xbox Support is "some games may simply no longer be available."

It should be noted that all of the other DLC is still available (gamer profile pics, xbox theme)

Does anyone have any solid information on this?

I just made an account to ask this, haha. Right when I finished, your post appeared.

I literally have the exact same problem! It's infuriating! The game appears to be on XBLM, but there is no option to purchase the game, only an option to rate it. Someone please tell us what the problem is!

It's possible but double fine is usually all right with XBLM, from what I understand. Maybe they struck a deal with Steam? It's still for sale there.

This is interesting because I purchased the game via the marketplace a couple years ago and delete it from my memory every so often, so I can have space for demos. As was the case a couple weeks ago. Hopefully this is just an error or I can at least redownload my copy of the game...

I just noticed this.

I hope it's not for good. I'm crossing my fingers that it was a mistake, or maybe, just perhaps, it's because they're planning for a high-definition remake.

Hey, I'm here for the same reason too--I planned on downloading Psychonauts but I just realized it's not there anymore-- Any news about this?

Hi everybody!

Sorry for the mysterious disappearance of Psychonauts from XBOX Games on Demand. It is, hopefully, a temporary situation and will be remedied soon.

Seniormeld is very astute! It is in fact due to the fact that Majesco is no longer the publisher of Psychonauts. Games without licensed publishers can't be on XBOX. So *poof* it came down, just like magic. Sad, sad magic.

We are working with Microsoft right now to get it re-propped to the system but there is a lot of red tape to melt with our minds.

But we're working on it right now. Well, as soon as I stop typing this sentence.

Thanks!

(Oh wait. I mean THIS sentence.)

Hey thanks for the update Mr. Schafer-- Then I think I'll spend my 1200 credits on Iron Trench Brigaged in the mean time, since its banner just popped on my Italian tv screen.. ;)

So when's the ETA on psychonauts getting back up there? Should've gotten it earlier but was busy with school and such. Sigh.

Damn, I'd been meaning to get around to buying Psychonauts on the marketplace for a while now, and when I finally tried tonight, I found out it's not there anymore :(

Glad to hear it should be back up at some point though.

I'll be buying it as soon as it goes back on live. And I'm glad the game's creators are going to be getting it's returns. Best wishes with the signing of things.

Also, yes, I did make an account just to post this.

......and yet another account has been created in search for the hallowed psychonauts on xbox live!

gonna give stacking a go and hopefully by the time i complete it, psychonauts will be up for our gaming pleasure!

i dont mind waiting for it in the knowledge that double fine will get all the proceeds, after all the love and care that went into making psychonauts....

So you guys know, we don't have an ETA on this. One of the requirements to have a game on XBLA is to have a publisher backing it, and in order to be classified as a publisher there's a few requirements that Double Fine doesn't really meet (Most notably, way more wads of money than we actually have. Yes, even with the kickstarer thing.)

We're trying to get it through, it's just a Process. Hopefully you guys won't be deprived too long though!

Have you tried asking them to not make it so hard for you to make them money?

You'd think they would like that. The whole you making them money thing.

I mean, what's their reasoning? If we let you make us money, then we'll have to let everyone make us money? Yes, I see the dilemma.

Microsoft is a very large organization, and I honestly have no idea what may or may not be stalling the process unfortunately.

Yeah, I was just kidding. I'm sure they have some reason that makes sense to them. Probably they don't want to just let anything on to the service, so that the user base doesn't start to doubt the quality of what can be purchased on Xbox Live. The problem here seems to be their unwillingness to bend from normal policy, when they know for a certainty that the game works as it's supposed to, and has already been on the service for quite some time. Like you said, bureaucracy.

Psychonauts can be bought in US now, any idea if it will be available in europe (Sweden) soon?

I have to same question as Eriw, but for Brazil. It wasn't available in Brazil before it was taken down from the marketplace.

Now that you guys seem to have a bit more control over it, could you make it available here too ? Pretty please ? :-(

It's actually news to us that it's available again in the US! That means MS did some magic on their end. We'll inquire about other territories and get back to you.