Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inspectah_Deck

Psychonauts Milkman Level Sculpture

25 posts in this topic

Do you have any plans for a Black Velvetopia landscape? I'd love to see that. :)

Holy crap, that's awesome!

Justin I know it's really freaking good. You gonna show it to Tim?

Thanks for the praise!

Black Velvetopia would be a real challange, but more on the texturing side, with all the crazy colors.

Here is another project i made in my artschool called "Topfwelt".

Gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/d6cyN#0

pNAuH.jpg

Greetings from Germany,

Jakob

Crazy awesome work, Inspectah!

Would love to see a Black Velvetopia as well!

Thanks everybody and thanks Tim for even tweeting about it!

I never thought this would create such a buzz!

Over 73000 views in the gallery ... wow!

Greetings

Jakob

These are super cool! I love miniature stuff. :D

What materials did you use? I recognize some of the stuff but certainly not all of it.

Admirable work and so cozy and cool looking! I think model environment are cozy gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

This just amazes me every time I look at it, all that detail and how you actually built it just blows my mind. Brilliant work on this! (And your other sculpture as well, they're both so bloody brilliant.)

That... Is the most awesome sculpture I've ever freaking seen.

Both of them made my eyes explode. DO YOU KNOW how expensive spare eyes are in this economy?

I also wanna see Black Velvetopia.

0_0

Hi,

it's been a while since my last post.

I have recently made two new sculptures:

The complete gallery is here: http://imgur.com/a/OlAOg

Bry5ybm.jpg

U9MRSpu.jpg

Complete gallery: http://imgur.com/a/xhfRp

xGyEmI7.jpg

j2gAIV7.jpg

The savannah level of "Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze" inspired me for the first sculpture.

It's not painted yet. Last year I applied to the art academy (sadly got rejected) and professors advised me to leave the sculpture unpainted. For me it looks a bit unfinished though...

The second sculpture is called "The cube" and the original plan was to make a level of "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker".

During the work I decided to change the style of the sculpture and make it look more dark.

The comic design of "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" inspired me for the cave.

So this year I'm going to apply again for the art academy and I'm currently searching for inspirations for a new sculpture and I would love to hear your ideas.

Do u know any level in any game that looks crazy and awesome like the milkman level of Psychonauts?

I would really appreciate your help!

Soooooo freaking cool!

Hope you like it:

otVZEl.jpg

terrible, absolutely terrible. looks extremely uncomfortable to sit on and i fear those lampposts would really hurt my butt. 0/0, worst chair ever.

lol jk it's cool.

I don't know anything about sculpting but maybe Brutal Legend would be a good source of inspiration? That game has some pretty wild designs. For example, check out the bone tower at the end of this trailer:

Soooooo freaking cool!

Thanks dude. :)

I don't know anything about sculpting but maybe Brutal Legend would be a good source of inspiration? That game has some pretty wild designs. For example, check out the bone tower at the end of this trailer:

Thanks. The tower looks cool but I can hardly find any information about this building.

Right now I'm considering to make a sculpture that looks like the starter isle of "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker".

The Goblin city "Kezan" in "World of Warcraft" looks also cool.

I'm just afraid that the comic style might look too "childish" for professors of the art academy...

Do you have any other suggestions?