Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Greg

Kickstarter Stats

76 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just thought you might like to take a look at all the statistics we can see on our Kickstarter Dashboard. So here goes!!

A fun graph of money over time:

graphry.jpg

Donations from folks who found us via Kickstarter vs those who were directed from another site:

piemb.jpg

A breakdown of how folks found out about our project:

referrals.jpg

A graph of which reward tiers were most popular:

rewardsw.jpg

Fun stuff!

hi Greg! do you have any thoughts on the 60 dollar tier?
Considering the only thing $60 offered over $30 was a PDF version of "The Double Fine Adventure Book", and a Special Edition Box set was offered at $100, I can see why it wouldn't have been a popular tier.

I'm sure there's something to be said for psychological monetary boundaries as well. (i.e.: the way we perceive the value of money in different amounts.)

@jonathanfrisby We don't have that info yet, but might get some when we do our official backer survey.

hi Greg! do you have any thoughts on the 60 dollar tier?
Considering the only thing $60 offered over $30 was a PDF version of "The Double Fine Adventure Book", and a Special Edition Box set was offered at $100, I can see why it wouldn't have been a popular tier.

I'm sure there's something to be said for psychological monetary boundaries as well. (i.e.: the way we perceive the value of money in different amounts.)

yeah I agree. just thought whether or not they saw that as a bad thing or what was going on. seeing as many seemed to be indecisive if they should raise up to a 100 or not. well I guess it doesnt really matter. =)

THERE! You can clearly see when I jumped in on March 9th! :smirk:

I have to say, I do love the shape of that funding progress graph.

It's got curves, and knows how to use them, perhaps?

And the Award for most generous internet community goes to ****drumrolll***** NeoGAF, with an average of $44.61 per backer.

Direct                39.55

Search                38.26

Google                33.58

DoubleFine            42.51

Facebook              40.82

Kickstarter home      36.40

Twitter               43.74

Kotaku                39.93

Reddit                32.63

Joystiq               44.42

Video Games (discover)    37.69

YouTube               35.55

GiantBomb             41.62

Google.co.uk          31.71

RockPaperShotgun      28.62

Penny-Arcade          29.29

Popular (discover)    30.20

Escapist magazine     34.66

Kickstarer User profiles    32.63

Google.ca             34.51

NeoGAF                44.61

Projects backer confirmation page    28.87

Destructoid           39.94

Embedded Widget       40.56

pc.IGN                36.82

Began and ended strong.

Kinda like me running a mile. Which doesn't happen often.

And I should probably put quotation marks around "strong" if we're talking about how I run a mile.

We probably shouldn't talk about it.

I find the referrer statistics quite interesting, but I wonder if they are accurate and really know where I came from. For example, I learned about and arrived at this project from a link on reddit on the first day. I bookmarked it and came back a few times from that bookmark before I finally pledged. So do the stats see me as direct traffic or from reddit?

the most interesting stat is the bar graph, because of the amount of backers vs the funds raised. so by logic standards 45% of the backers netted 78% of the funds...wow. makes ya feel a little bad for limping in.

Cool chart! I wish I had nabbed the $250 tier for signed posters when I had the chance.

All I know is that if I win that Mega Millions $500 million jackpot, consider Psychonauts 2 funded.

Hmmm. A Post-Mortem for the funding would be awesome. What did the team think they did right/wrong, changes, lessons, etc?

Hey guys, I just thought you might like to take a look at all the statistics we can see on our Kickstarter Dashboard. So here goes!!

@jonathanfrisby We don't have that info yet, but might get some when we do our official backer survey.

These stats are great! Thanks!

Do you have any specific plans for the official survey? When to do it, what to ask? Would it be possible to decide together on adding some questions? Do you need help from the community processing the results? I am sure lot of people would be glad to help. I tried to start that topic here but it got buried under other posts.

I think there is one chance only to get the answers from a significant number of backers, no one will answer five separate surveys in a row, so it would be great to use the opportunity as much as possible! I imagine a publication in Science with 90000 authors :)

Began and ended strong.

Kinda like me running a mile. Which doesn't happen often.

And I should probably put quotation marks around "strong" if we're talking about how I run a mile.

We probably shouldn't talk about it.

It also held really steady in the middle. I remember arguing with people early on who were trying to project based on a sort of quadratic curve that would have it leveling off to almost nothing, but the middle part really never fell off too much.

How many people came from Mixnmojo? Or IdleThumbs? I did my best!

Interesting last-minute burst there - I guess there were a lot of people who piled in at the last minute when they realised the door was closing on the deal.

Well done GAF.

Though someone should apply for an account right now and we'll see what happens first, a finished DFA or account approval. ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0