Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xaromir

Worst company in the US

76 posts in this topic

Proof that gamer's have no concept of reality.

Yes there are worse, but it's a interesting situation actually, and interesting to observe. People hate their guts but keep supporting them.

Exactly what I was thinking. EA is terrible, but worst in the country?

They're probably not the worst in the country, but they come in close.

EDIT:

Yes there are worse, but it's a interesting situation actually, and interesting to observe. People hate their guts but keep supporting them.

Yeah, if people want EA to stop screwing with them, they need to suck it up and stop supporting their games.

I do hate EA, but I think Activision is worse. Even Mr. Schafer himself called Bob Kotick a p rick.

That's why hes called TimofLegend I guess.

Eh, I don't even think EA are that bad, although I'd probably say their worst crimes over the years has been constantly acquiring and liquidating respected brands.

But even that I feel isn't a terrible crime in a fairly fluid industry where new IP is routinely developed.

>movie industry

make a movie talking shit on moviegoers= you are out of a job

>book industry

make a book calling anyone who doesn't like a ending to a book a entitled brat?= you just mcfucked up

>video games

make consumers pay everything and nickle and dime them, along with calling them dumb entitled bastards and basically make them call you master? oh and corner a market so new publishers cant be made and survive? = genius

make a book calling anyone who doesn't like a ending to a book a entitled brat?= you just mcfucked up

uvtGA.gif

When did they say people were acting entitled? I never even saw that as subtext of anything they did?

When did they say people were acting entitled? I never even saw that as subtext of anything they did?

IGN did, and every other reviewing place

jesus christ man where are you sometimes

uvtGA.gif

I dont know if you are supporting what i said or against it

also

>imgur.com

>movie industry

>book industry

>video games

make consumers pay everything and nickle and dime them, along with calling them dumb entitled bastards and basically make them call you master? oh and corner a market so new publishers cant be made and survive? = genius

No, that's not how things work.

Movie goers don't whine and cry for a new ending if they don't like the ending they got.

Neither do book readers.

Seeing as I'm part of both those groups I can say I'm pretty sure of that. You weigh up how things were, if you liked it, if you didn't, whatever. If you don't like, you don't buy, if you want something in particular there are ways to express that.

But the ME3 ending debacle is ridiculous, disgusting entitlement on the parts of gamers, although in a sense Bioware probably should be grateful their work elicits such passion, even so, this whole thing was just disgusting and gamers certainly need to think about their own behaviour as much as the behaviour of companies.

>movie industry

>book industry

>video games

No, that's not how things work.

Movie goers don't whine and cry for a new ending if they don't like the ending they got.

Neither do book readers.

Seeing as I'm part of both those groups I can say I'm pretty sure of that. You weigh up how things were, if you liked it, if you didn't, whatever. If you don't like, you don't buy, if you want something in particular there are ways to express that.

But the ME3 ending debacle is ridiculous, disgusting entitlement on the parts of gamers, although in a sense Bioware probably should be grateful their work elicits such passion, even so, this whole thing was just disgusting and gamers certainly need to think about their own behaviour as much as the behaviour of companies.

>make a ending that doesn't even make sense

>call the consumer entitled for wanting a logical ending

please read the indoc theory

if people didnt bitch they werent going to use the indoc theory

personally, they disliked alot and wanted to keep the old story

There's a difference between expressing distaste for something you didn't like and demanding it be fixed; when it comes to stories, they are the creative expression of the writer, and basically, it is their work.

It IS being entitled to try to take property of it in this way, to try to demand something the author didn't intend originally.

There's a difference between expressing distaste for something you didn't like and demanding it be fixed; when it comes to stories, they are the creative expression of the writer, and basically, it is their work.

It IS being entitled to try to take property of it in this way, to try to demand something the author didn't intend originally.

well, you ever thought its not JUST the way it ended? Ever thought all the taxing fees and origin and even the lead writer calling gamers jealous for not working the industry and being a women and having women parts(oh god do i wish i was making that up) oh and forced censorship of any fan critics I.E the forms and they twist the words so it supports bioware and EA?

it might not be orcamm's razor here, but the ending sure did break the camel's back

Eh, I don't even think EA are that bad, although I'd probably say their worst crimes over the years has been constantly acquiring and liquidating respected brands.

But even that I feel isn't a terrible crime in a fairly fluid industry where new IP is routinely developed.

You're forgetting the fact that there have been a few times where they've had advertising that has harmed gaming as an art form. Just look at Dante's Inferno and Dead Space 2.

And then there's been Origin, which is essentially a gaming platform that also allows EA to spy on you if they so wish.

^ You are making that up, in regards to the writer you speak of who was not the head writer, for a start. Your twisting her words because she said nothing of the sort, and she was attacked by zealous fanboys first, offended by the fact she didn't necessarily like videogames but wrote for them.

Whether someone like her should be in that position is moot, the abuse she got for it was absolutely atrocious and unacceptable behaviour. And my stance remains the same, whining doesn't get people anywhere with consumerism. If you buy something for which you find the terms unacceptable, you are the one at fault.

I didn't love the ending, I'd certainly be lying if I said I did, but I loved the game, I don't feel any of the terms were unacceptable in regards to purchasing it either. For the people who do find it a problem, well, the obvious and respectable choice is to not buy.

Rather than buy and whine like entitled brats to anyone who'll listen. Just a thought.

What about the fact that fans were promised certain things about the ending that didn't happen? Are the fans entitled brats because they were mad that they were lied to?

Also in regards to the Mass Effect 3 ending, it was advertised as a story that the player controlled, so the ending we got should have just been one of many choices, and even then, if I'm hearing correctly, Drew Karpyshyn had a perfectly good ending written out for Mass Effect 3, that had a perfectly logical explanation for why the reapers were even doing what they were, and they were planning on using since Mass Effect 2, but he left after ToR was released and Casey Hudson used his own ending which pissed off tons of people. If they had just used the original ending they had, chances are that people wouldn't have been pissed off so much and none of this would have happened.

EDIT: And lets not forgot that Casey promised the ending would be more than "Choose A, B or C".

None of this makes them the worst company in America. Here's the original article. What strikes me is this statement.

After more than 250,000 votes, Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank.
It may be true that avarice is the whole point of running a bank, but how many homes has EA foreclosed on?

Hell, there are still companies shipping blood diamonds to the US. That's much worse than EA charging extra for day one DLC or making an ending that (believe or not) some people actually liked.

None of this makes them the worst company in America. Here's the original article. What strikes me is this statement.
After more than 250,000 votes, Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank.
t may be true that avarice is the whole point of running a bank, but hoe many homes has EA foreclosed on?

Hell, there are still companies shipping blood diamonds to the US. That's much worse than EA charging extra for day one DLC or making an ending that (believe or not) some people actually liked.

I'm not arguing about them being the worst company in America, this topic seems to have erupted into a huge argument about Mass Effect 3, so the conversation should probably be kept to the ME3 thread.

Why is this still even a problem? You people won, you get your better ending this summer, and free of charge no less. So shut the fuck up already.

^ You are making that up, in regards to the writer you speak of who was not the head writer, for a start. Your twisting her words because she said nothing of the sort, and she was attacked by zealous fanboys first, offended by the fact she didn't necessarily like videogames but wrote for them.

Whether someone like her should be in that position is moot, the abuse she got for it was absolutely atrocious and unacceptable behaviour. And my stance remains the same, whining doesn't get people anywhere with consumerism. If you buy something for which you find the terms unacceptable, you are the one at fault.

I didn't love the ending, I'd certainly be lying if I said I did, but I loved the game, I don't feel any of the terms were unacceptable in regards to purchasing it either. For the people who do find it a problem, well, the obvious and respectable choice is to not buy.

Rather than buy and whine like entitled brats to anyone who'll listen. Just a thought.

no

she said games shouldnt have game play

there isn't a way you can candy coat it

is it bad that you hired a writer who doesn't like gameplay?

yes it is, because gameplay is key to you know a GAME

was she a bit unfairly target and a bit ostriziced for her remark abit to harshly? i suppose but go yell at reddit

also its not entitlement if you are lied to, its wanting what you were told was going to be there

>whining doesn't get you anything

protesting=whining, in how you look at it

also thats why they are making a new ending, apparently "whining" didnt do anything

oh wait. it did