Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Greg

Surveys!!

92 posts in this topic

You may have already noticed, but surveys should now be waiting in your mailboxes if you pledged over $100 and will be receiving physical rewards. We're hoping to place the final order in a few weeks, so if you could get them filled out ASAP, that would be great! Be careful though, it's not super easy for us to alter this info until we get it out of Kickstarter and into our database, so make sure to double check your information. A couple answers to questions I've been seeing:

-Shirts will be American Apparel in the smaller sizes and Gildan for the larger sizes. Here are some sizing charts:

Men's AA (XS-XXL): http://www.americanapparel.net/sizing/size.asp?chart=mu.shirts&region=US〈=en

Women's AA: http://www.americanapparel.net/sizing/size.asp?chart=womens.shirts&region=US〈=en

Men's Gildan (XXXL+): http://gildan.com/distributors/catalog/productSpecs.cfm?lang=en&id_catalog=en&id_product=8000

-HD downloads of the documentary are available to all backers over $30, so you will still have those in addition to the DVD or Blu-Ray if you would prefer that.

-The DVD and Blu-Ray will be region-free

-If you move sometime before we ship, just shoot us a message on Kickstarter with your new address and we'll get it updated.

Easy question:

Will the bluray/DVD be region free? I chose bluray assuming that it'd be region free (as I live in Australia and use a PS3 for bluray - they're staunch on their region compatibility), but it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Easy question:

Will the bluray/DVD be region free? I chose bluray assuming that it'd be region free (as I live in Australia and use a PS3 for bluray - they're staunch on their region compatibility), but it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

From another thread

dpolsrod - 09 April 2012 05:12 PM

Hi.

In the survey I’m asked if I want the documentary in Blu-Ray or DVD?

Normally, I’d yell out Blu-Ray before you’d even get to give me my options, but in this case I’d like to know if the Blu-Ray disc will be region-free before I choose?

Seeing as I live in Norway(that’s in Europe, guys!), my player(a PS3, if you must know) will not be able to play BR discs that are region coded to region A.

If the BR version will be region-free, then I’ll be a very happy camper and might even invite you guys over for s’mores.

Region free.

Signature

from 2pp

Easy question:

From another thread

dpolsrod - 09 April 2012 05:12 PM

Hi.

In the survey I’m asked if I want the documentary in Blu-Ray or DVD?

Normally, I’d yell out Blu-Ray before you’d even get to give me my options, but in this case I’d like to know if the Blu-Ray disc will be region-free before I choose?

Seeing as I live in Norway(that’s in Europe, guys!), my player(a PS3, if you must know) will not be able to play BR discs that are region coded to region A.

If the BR version will be region-free, then I’ll be a very happy camper and might even invite you guys over for s’mores.

Region free.

Signature

from 2pp

Excellent news! Cheers!

Why no Women's XS? What, petite women can't enjoy adventure games? :down:

I didn't back for over $100... but I still want a survey! C'mon man! You used to be cool...

-HD downloads of the documentary are available to all backers over $30

English is not my first language so i might have misunderstood, but shouldn't the HD downloads of the documentary be available to backers 30 or more... not only over 30? ( HD download >= 30 )

Hi I noticed there are 45 characters allowed for the "Name for the Credits" section. Can we put names of multiple people in there as long it's less than 45 characters? I'm enjoying this Double Fine Adventure kick-starter experience with my girl friend and little brother, and I was wondering I can put their names down as well?

Potentially silly question regarding the "Name for the Credits" section. Will you be removing duplicated names? What are the chances we see fifty John Smiths one after the other.

Why no Women's XS? What, petite women can't enjoy adventure games? :down:

The women's sizes run suuuper small. You should be okay!

When should we expect the HD downloads?

Later down the road, or at the end of the whole project, or what?

I couldn't think of anything funny to say in 45 characters, so I just wrote my name. I feel like I should have come up with something remotely funny but my mind blanked.

When should we expect the HD downloads?

Later down the road, or at the end of the whole project, or what?

2PP said at the end of the project of the full documentary.

Why do you ask for Primary language? Is it just for additional game languages? Because my Primary language is german but i would not like to get a german print of the box/manual and so on.

I should have bought stock in XL t-shirts... JUST KIDDING basement dwellers..

I ordered a large. but I doubt I will actually wear mine.. I will keep clean and pristine it in the game box.

Yay for surveys!

I've definately gone for a larger size shirt than I need but I like that, having more room is MUCH more comfy. xD I also prefer wearing men's shirts anyway. Womens shirts are always too tight around my boobs. XDXD

I can't wait to get everything! I'm so excited!

Also I put in my real name and my online alias for the credits, still less than 45 characters. ^_^

Do you know the model name/numbers of the t-shirts you are using? I don't know about men's stuff but on the women's side, LOTS of ladies leave reviews on AA's website for almost every item which can be really helpful in figuring out your size. If you have the time, that is. :)

Why do you ask for Primary language? Is it just for additional game languages? Because my Primary language is german but i would not like to get a german print of the box/manual and so on.

I would like to know this as well. What changes if we choose english/german/whatever?

Oh man, does anyone besides me have "reverse buyer's remorse" and wish they had kicked in at a higher level? After watching the first episode of the documentary, I am going to want a copy. And surveys? Who doesn't like surveys? I mean, Michaela Shocker from TiVo and I are like, well, kinda DATING if you count the number of surveys (s)he sends me weekly. But - in all seriousness - I find myself so proud and inspired by the first episode, that I'm wishing I had a wayback machine and I could click a higher level.

Oh man, does anyone besides me have "reverse buyer's remorse" and wish they had kicked in at a higher level? After watching the first episode of the documentary, I am going to want a copy. And surveys? Who doesn't like surveys? I mean, Michaela Shocker from TiVo and I are like, well, kinda DATING if you count the number of surveys (s)he sends me weekly. But - in all seriousness - I find myself so proud and inspired by the first episode, that I'm wishing I had a wayback machine and I could click a higher level.

I thought 2pp was planning on selling the documentary when it's all said and done. You may be short a survey but you can at least get the documentary.

I was wondering: what's the "primary language" question for? What will it influence? Because my primary language is castilian spanish, but I'd rather own the game box in its original english version, for instance...

EDIT: Oh, you guys asked already. Sorry about that.

As already answered in another topic about the primary language question:

We were just hoping to get a good picture of what languages our fans speak. It will help inform localization decisions both on this game and all future Double Fine games.

Will I be able to change my Shipping Details at a later date? I will probably be moving in the coming months, but I don't know where at this time?

Also, what can I (as in, allowed to) put in the Name for credits field?

FirstName "nickname" LastName

FirstName LastName, Location

FirstName LastName, Company

Anything?

Et cetera?

(The "Company" in the credits example would not be meant as advertisement, but more like a greetings from.)

+1 on that question.

I think Greg said on another thread that they are just collecting it for demographic information RE: localization.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0