Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Greg

Pre-orders

628 posts in this topic

Hello beautiful backers!

We've had a lot of people write to us in the past few weeks saying that they didn't find out about this project until it was too late to pledge. There were also a good amount of people that weren't able to get an Amazon Payment account set up for whatever reason. And there were others who were hoping they could get a friend involved.

Because of this, we are planning to add a PayPal button to our website to allow people to pre-order the game for $15. They would also be given access to the backer forums and the beta. This would not only really benefit the studio, but would also allow more people to join in on all our fun.

We just wanted to give you all a heads up. Let us know what you think!

I am fine with it. I am not one of those people that freak out because they want to have something other people don't have. It is good for game and good all of us to have more people. Thanks for asking our opinion though.

I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this. If it helps you guys at DF, then it can only benefit the game.

Sounds like a plan, but I expect you to receive many more e-mail of people saying they want Backer T-shirts, HD downloads, The Poster, etc.

Yet I have to assume that you guys plan to keep the shirts to Backers and the poster may get reprinted but at a fairly high price.

So no one will ever be happy, but satisfying them with the opportunity to BETA and Backer forums should appease a lot

and give me something to advise my readers of.

Yeah, we wanted to keep all the physical rewards limited to Kickstarter backers. Plus, we'll hopefully be placing the order in a few weeks!

I'm thrilled to hear this, actually - I have a good friend who I kept telling to back the project, and for whatever reason my (exactly) twelve reminders weren't enough, so he missed out. I'll be sure to have him pre-order as soon as possible!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Sounds like a great idea, and in keeping with the original $15 reward. I'm sure there were a large number of procrastinators out there.

Just a small hint - make sure you advertise it *outside* of this forum! ;-P

I'm all for round 2.

Unless administrating this becomes too much trouble, I don't see a problem people would pay above $15. May help if there is backer's remorse which some mentioned not too long ago.

$30 or $60 tiers are still all digital so really no extra ordering there. Furthermore you could introduce a middle tier, for example $75 that doesn't have any physical rewards but offers adding the name in the credits.

I'm all for round 2.

Unless administrating this becomes too much trouble, I don't see a problem people would pay above $15. May help if there is backer's remorse which some mentioned not too long ago.

$30 or $60 tiers are still all digital so really no extra ordering there. Furthermore you could introduce a middle tier, for example $75 that doesn't have any physical rewards but offers adding the name in the credits.

Nah, I think leaving it at letting them pick up the 15$ tier only is where they should leave it. Backer's remorse should only go so far. Let em watch the documentaries and have the game (I dont think they were ever going to charge more than 15$ for the game anyway) but I dont think you should open it up to let them have anything higher. The higher tiers were strickly for those who helped them get this going. Since they have it going now, there is no reason for higher incentives.

(if they want to maybe do a Collector's Edition later, which would let them get maybe the documentary and a physical copy of the game which I think they were going to do anyway, then thats fine too. But please dont take away from those who have been on board from the start.)

Keep us posted as to how many more people went this route and also the $ to add to the total number of people $ money donated towards this project.

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe the money could be used to create an awesome instruction booklet? xD

Sounds great to me. The only thing I would wonder is if there should also be pre-orders for people who want physical copies of the game/documentary (at a higher price of course), although that may come later once DF know what exactly that will include/cost (ie. what the non-collectors boxed edition will look like/cost).

I would love to pledge more to get a physical copy sent out. Due my dog hurting it back leg i could only afford to donate the $30, even then it was a scape to put that in (im not looking for sympathy).

I think though it would be unfair to rxisting backers who were under the assumption that you could only get those items if you backed it when the pledge was up. So i will keep dreaming :P

I don't see this as being a problem at all! In fact if this also helps you make the game even better than... YES! Dear lord please allow yourselves to make it even better!

The higher tiers were strickly for those who helped them get this going. Since they have it going now, there is no reason for higher incentives.

I strongly disagree, I believe ALL tiers were for those who helped them get this going.

Besides, I was focusing on digital rewards, you could make the same argument on the game and documentary. You could up the price a bit if you are that worried about those joining later, to me it sounds unnecessary.

so forum access but that person would not get the documentary updates (until its all done?)? or are the updates included?

so forum access but that person would not get the documentary updates (until its all done?)? or are the updates included?

Yeah, they'll be able to see the documentary in here. Thanks everyone for being so supportive!! You guys are truly amazing.

Go for it. No reason to exclude enthusiastic gamers just for being a little late!

Sounds very nice for the people that feel like they missed out by learning about the Kickstarter too late.

But I don't like the PayPal requirement too much though, they have plenty of questionable policies and a history of poor conduct just for the sake of your their own benefit (heh, I might be describing any financial institution now) but it would be appreciated if there are alternatives available for folks like myself that won't deal with Paypal anymore.

Sounds good and its a nice gesture for those inquiring about supporting the project now.