Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Greg

Credits Rules

56 posts in this topic

***NOTE: This is for the $100+ backers***

Hey guys, we've had a lot of questions about what you can submit for your 45 character name in the credits. The answer is...names! Obviously, it's going to be really difficult for us to police all 12,000+ names, so we're going to rely on you guys to be cool about this. Here are some examples of things that will work:

-John Smith

-Jonathan Michael Smith

-John and Mary Smith

-John, Mary, and Joey Smith

-The Smith Family

-John "Nickname" Smith

-Nickname

-Crazy symbols from a foreign language

Here's stuff that won't work:

-www.buymystuff.com

-I need friends 555-987-0000

-johnsmith@doublefine.com

-profanity, curse, naughty stuff

-I'm making a statement here

I hope you agree that this is the right choice. If you already submitted a website, phone number, email address, profanity, or anything other than names, no worries! Just send me a message with what you would like to use instead, and I'll make sure it gets sorted out.

Basically put my name that's here...but with another initial and a last name.

seems fair tbh

Just saw this, I'll shoot a Kickstarter message quick to make life easier for you.

Also, this isn't on the FROM DFA board or a sticky ... and it totally needs to be, it'll get buried.0

Aw shoot. I wish I'd been more creative with mine. I could've put the names of my favorite fictional characters in a clever way.

Hey guys, we've had a lot of questions about what you can submit for your 45 character name in the credits. The answer is...names! Obviously, it's going to be really difficult for us to police all 12,000+ names, so we're going to rely on you guys to be cool about this. Here are some examples of things that will work:

You know, if you wanted to get the backers involved...I am pretty sure a large number of us would be happy to go through the 12,000 names and identify possible invalid ones, which we could then bump up to DF to investigate as necessary.

I think we have the man/womanpower to easily achieve this sort of thing, and we definitely have the enthusiasm.

Smiles

You know, if you wanted to get the backers involved...I am pretty sure a large number of us would be happy to go through the 12,000 names and identify possible invalid ones, which we could then bump up to DF to investigate as necessary.

I think we have the man/womanpower to easily achieve this sort of thing, and we definitely have the enthusiasm.

Smiles

I'd be more then happy to help out with this as well. It's a pretty good idea and might save costs!

As much as I'd like to help on something like this, privacy issues may rear their ugly head. Someone at Double Fine might get the tedious task of doing this, but they can throw something good on the Ipod and have it go really quick.

Hey Gregsir ... i'm curious to know what the response rate has been with the credits request. You've shared all of your numbers so far ... when it's all said and done, will you share the "slippage" rate for unclaimed rewards with us?

How long does Kickstarter say you have to cater to latecomers? What's the statute of limitations? Can i come knocking on Double Fine's doors ten years from now demanding my signed poster?

Ugh ... what do you do about failed redemptions? What if stuff gets lost in the mail? Is that kind of thing making you guys nervous? It would keep ME up at night, that's for sure.

I submitted:

Firstname Lastname ("Nickname")

I hope that's valid... or that I can change it before it gets removed.

If you provide me with a list of credit requests and some anonymous reference number, I'd be happy to make a simple page that people could visit to flag entries which might be invalid. Should limit the number you have to review, at least.

(Full disclosure: I literally just made it. Just let me know if you want to use it. It's filled with fake data atm: http://gigglingcorpse.com/dev/df_names/)

Just found this topic, but this..

-John "Nickname" Smith

...is what I did on the assumption it was cool.

So that "Women send me some lovin's XXX-XXX-XXXX" wasn't cool?

I kid, as I've already sent my survey in proper fashion. Though could one do just their initials?

-John "Nickname" Smith

Same here

but then how will I make friends? :(

-John "Nickname" Smith

Same here

and uhh... isn't it cool? It's clearly under the acceptable examples.

What's the point of bypassing a publisher if us old, mature adventure fans can't get a game with profanity/innuendo/advertisement-laced credits?

Also consider the Venn diagram comparing said fans to obsessive compulsive individuals is essentially just a circle.

I'm sure there are several people here willing to independently check 12000 names. (・∀・)

I submitted:

Firstname Lastname ("Nickname")

I hope that's valid... or that I can change it before it gets removed.

same

but then how will I make friends? :(

-John "Nickname" Smith

Same here

and uhh... isn't it cool? It's clearly under the acceptable examples.

That was my point. I used the format before seeing this topic.

As much as I'd like to help on something like this, privacy issues may rear their ugly head. Someone at Double Fine might get the tedious task of doing this, but they can throw something good on the Ipod and have it go really quick.

Privacy wouldn't be an issue since the names were submitted to list publicly in the credits.

Privacy wouldn't be an issue since the names were submitted to list publicly in the credits.

the reason they dont want numbers on it is a privacy issue

and put it online defeats the purports of not allowing it

Is "Tacy, Queen of Laser Panthers" valid?

Oh wow, we should be a duo. I was "John Smith, Destroyer of Worlds"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0