Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim Schafer

Pre-episode 2 video update! (Paypal, collaboration, etc.)

195 posts in this topic

Hello, Adventure Backers!

Here is a video update in which I answer questions and discuss topics that have bubbled up from the fertile, primoridal soup of the backer forums! Still steaming!

Topics discussed:

- PayPal Supporters (aka "Slacker Backers")

- Episode 2!

- This gross part where I poke my own eye

- Transparency with backers

- Collaboration with backers

- New Community Manager!

- Other thrills!

Please enjoy its swampy musk!

[vimeo]41719434[/vimeo]

I can't wait for the EP 2. Thanks Tim & Crew for the update.

Exciting! Can't wait to see the next episode! :cheese:

I laughed for a minute straight... weirdest ending to such a serious update vid! I already got my money's worth! <3

Another excellent video; thanks for the update!

Can't wait for more :)

* Looking forward to episode 2 of the doco.

* Now scared that anyone who has any opinion on the forums in regards to the art style or anything else will feel entirely vindicated and spend the coming days saying 'SEE! SEE! They listen, what I say is having an effect, I AM IMPORTANT!'

* Those same people will then feel deflated when they see some of the ACTUAL art from the game and still find it doesn't look exactly like Monkey Island 2

* WTF was the ending? Someone at DF really likes MJ? Or really likes JL?

OH GOD PLEASE WORK "THRILLER" INTO THE GAME THANKS BYE

/in_stitches

I can't wait for the next episode! :) Tim is awesome! I had no idea he could dance like that! xD

"All characters in this film are fictitious"? Does that include Tim?

I've always suspected that Tim was too good to be real.

Haha, awesome. So where would I go to find out more about becoming a johnny-come-lately backer? I have a friend who might be interested.

can't wait for the second episode. And great choreography on tim in the video. blew me away. Michael Peters really worked wonders.

Haha, awesome. So where would I go to find out more about becoming a johnny-come-lately backer? I have a friend who might be interested.

Stay tuned! We'll have a more public announcement soon.

The extended video version of "Thriller", musically, is better than the album version of the song.

[/this has nothing to do with anything, I just wanted to say it]

You people are insane, each and every one of you.

That probably explains why I backed the project, but it needed to be said nonetheless.

That was awesome. Thank you 2 Player, Tim, Double-Fine, for once more cementing my confidence in backing DFA.

"Other thrills" indeed! I swear if the game is that funny most of my time playing it will be spent doing nothing but giggling madly.

Nice update video though now, especially since the April episode apparently is going up on the web sometime between May 13th and 19th, I'm a little worried about that side of things. I mean I'm okay with it taking a few days to get posted up like it did with the March episode but a two week tardiness is a little bit excessive and it looks like that wait time is only going up exponentially. So I was wondering if 2PP has a plan to help combat this so that we don't get an episode later on that was supposed to be published in August but actually airs three weeks after the game is released or something similarly inane like that.

By the way, anyone else miss Vincent Price? Scooby Doo was always better for his contribution to the franchise.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0