Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Greg

DF Game Club: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

200 posts in this topic

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that after a brief hiatus, the DF Game Club will return this week! We've got something special in mind, so for this round we're going to go ahead and pick the game. It's Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP! And we're working with those guys to have them appear on a stream in a few weeks. Until then, you can pick the game up for whatever price you want to pay in the same Humble Bundle that contains Psychonauts! Here, a link!: http://www.humblebundle.com/

Another fun thing about this game is that it gives nice clear points where you should stop playing every half hour or so. I suggest for this game club we do just that! That way we can talk more specifically about what we played after we've finished. Let me know what you think!

See you guys Saturdays at 12:00 Pacific Time!

Browser-based chat!

If you have a chat client, such as mIRC:

IRC Server: irc.foonetic.net

Channel: #DFAdventure

When we livestream, it will be here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/double-fine-game-club

Come on Greg, the etiquette when teasing is you give an obscure and unrecognizable hint as to what you're talking about.

Neat, I wonder what we'll be playing.

Come on Greg, the etiquette when teasing is you give an obscure and unrecognizable hint as to what you're talking about.

'as well as give you an easy way to grab a copy'. This maybe. Sounds like a game that's not on gog or steam (yet).

Greg is such a tease and flirt, trying to get as all riled up. I for one won't fall for it... okay perhaps I'll fall for it just a little bit.

Perhaps a special recent game with multiple playable characters.

Good call Greg, it looked like the Gabriel Knight discussion had fizzled.

Very excited to see what game we're going to be tackling next!

Good to hear that there's still something going on, some of us were starting to lose hope when we noticed the channel was practically dead when we were supposed to have the game club event. ;)

I'm gunna go with 'Down in the dumps'.

Anyone remember that game? Worst adventure....EVER

Limbo of the Lost! Limbo of the Lost!

I'm gunna go with 'Down in the dumps'.

Anyone remember that game? Worst adventure....EVER

I have it, but never got around to playing it for more than a little bit. But I can't believe it's any worse than Blue Ice:

Hmm, no related announcement from GOG. If I could get Lucasarts' games legally I would flip out!

Under a Killing Moon is on sale this week. It BETTER be Under a Killing Moon, Greg. If it's not, well, I can't make any promises about what I put in your shoes.

Let it be an early peek on some pixely AGS multi-char about to be released adventure, please!

So, now that it's out I guess it's reasonable to assume it's one of the games of Humble Indy Bundle V. I bought it right now. Question: Which game, I guess Superbrothers as it's the only adventure game?

So, now that it's out I guess it's reasonable to assume it's one of the games of Humble Indy Bundle V. I bought it right now. Question: Which game, I guess Superbrothers as it's the only adventure game?

Seems likely. I'll be grabbing the new Humble Indie Bundle for myself shortly.

Edit: It could also possibly be Amnesia, which is basically a horror-themed adventure game played in first person (the only major adventure game-defining trait it lacks is character interaction, but too much of that would have ruined its atmosphere).

Hey guys, you're right! It's Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. Pick it up here!:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

And let me know what you think about the idea of playing this in sections, as designed. I like the idea of us playing through it at the same pace. ;)

Hey guys, you're right! It's Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. Pick it up here!:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

And let me know what you think about the idea of playing this in sections, as designed. I like the idea of us playing through it at the same pace. ;)

Sounds great! I've been interested in playing this for awhile now. I picked up the bundle already and will start downloading.

If anyone out there cannot buy the bundle, whether it's a payment option issue or they just don't have the money, let me know. I was gifted an extra copy of the bundle (below average, no Bastion) after I'd already purchased it. I would like to regift it to a backer so that they may play along. The first person to send me a PM with their email can have it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0