Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Chris Remo

Rewards Going Out!

514 posts in this topic

Hey guys--not a big fancy update here, just wanted to show some documentation of rewards going out, since some of them have started to show up in backers' hands!

Here's a (very small) sample of what these look like when they leave Fangamer headquarters:

120703_fangamer-tubes.jpg

And here's an actual backer showing off his shirt on Twitter after he got it in the mail:

120703_dfa-shirt.jpg

That color is of course not reflective of the actual shirt color, since some kind of wacky hip filter has been applied to the photograph. Those crazy kids!

If you pledged at a physical reward level but haven't gotten your stuff yet, don't worry. It'll still take Fangamer a few more weeks to get this stuff all sent off. Keep an eye out for an emailed shipping notification.

Link must be private as it wasn't found for me - but I'm still bally excited to get the shirt! =D (mind you, knowing USPS it will be weeks before it gets to the UK!)

Edit: thanks for sorting that!

I got mine a few days ago! The shirt is great -- I am completely unembarrassed to be seen wearing it in public.

Good news everyone! So now we start to check the mailboxes every 10 minutes :] Do you know what system was used to do the shipments? Alphabetical? By countries?

Actually I think he used a camera phone for possibly a 3GS or something comparable in order to take that shot. Despite the advances in the tech lighting can still make a shot look less clear and awesome than otherwise it would, as it did with the person wearing it. Still I can't wait to be wearing a piece of history, as this whole game project is, very soon. This is going to be so freaking awesome.

Good news everyone! So now we start to check the mailboxes every 10 minutes :] Do you know what system was used to do the shipments? Alphabetical? By countries?

Nope, it's being handled by Fangamer. We gave them a big data dump of information from our backer survey database. Our database is simply ordered by backer number--in other words, the first person to pledge to Kickstarter has the lowest number and is listed first--but Fangamer would have been able to import the data into Excel and order it by whatever criteria they wanted, be it alphabetically by name, alphabetically by email address, alphabetically by country, numerically by backer tier, by shirt size, or by gender.

Hey Chris, does the shipment include signed posters? Just wanted to understand if I should be on the lookout for my stuff

cool! how many pallets like that are there, or will be there?

I got a ship notification here in Canada. I got it Friday the 29th in fact. It estimated a max of 5 weeks to get to me up here (it shipped via USPS.)

I'll try to remember to post when I get it, in case that helps inform other international backers (specifically Canadians) as to a rough timeline from notification to receipt of stuff.

Also, the ship notification includes a Haiku, so there's that to look forward to!

Cool!! Soon I will be looking for a framework where to put the poster.

It seems everything alright, but after watching the video "Eight Tired Fangamers" I was a little worried ... nearly died crushed by cardboard shipping tubes!!!

Lookin' forward to wearing it around, and then randomly coming across backers.

Smiles

It's ordered by Adjusted Individual Awesomeness Index. You haven't received yours yet?

Not everyone who donated is gonna get something, right?

Backers at the $100 level or higher are getting a t-shirt and a poster; other physical rewards like the documentary and game discs will ship out when they're done.

heres to hoping that it doesnt get stuck in customs! cheers chris!

I'm looking forward to my goods taking the long trek to Australia.. can't wait to get the t-shirt and poster too!

I got my package a few days ago! I love it love it LOVE it!!

now I have to find a good spot in my room to place the poster

I hope the customs taxes wont kill me, or my wallet.

Agreed, the Swiss customs can be very picky. Can't wait for it though.

Not everyone who donated is gonna get something, right?

Backers at the $100 level or higher are getting a t-shirt and a poster; other physical rewards like the documentary and game discs will ship out when they're done.

What about the signed posters? Are they shipping as well?

I guess the artbook is far from finished. Will it ship together with the game and doc? Seems like a waste to send too many parcels even though I guess the financial stuff between DF and Fangamer is settled already.

Can't wait, I opted for the 100$ tier and I'll be nerding it out in college with my new swag next semester. I'll probably end up framing the poster too, because fuck it, why not?

Seeing as I'm outside the US though, I did pay the extra 10$ for shipping, isn't that going to cut into your funds if you send the rewards and the game/documentary separately later?

Can't wait, I opted for the 100$ tier and I'll be nerding it out in college with my new swag next semester. I'll probably end up framing the poster too, because fuck it, why not?

Seeing as I'm outside the US though, I did pay the extra 10$ for shipping, isn't that going to cut into your funds if you send the rewards and the game/documentary separately later?

Check out this earlier post, it might be of some help:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6750/

Smiles

Last I heard they were going to be mailed out in order of sizes. So, ladies shirts first from smallest to largest then dudes from smallest to largest. This does not appear to be happening though, so I don't know what to believe.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0