Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frisbyjo

DF Game Club: Gemini Rue - 7/14, 7/21, 7/28, & 8/4

68 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

We'll be starting the community organized portion of the game club this Saturday, at 12 noon (PDT - click for your timezone)!

If anyone is interested in streaming the first part of the game this Saturday, or has any other ideas... please come by and help make it interesting! The game club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Our game for the next couple of weeks will be...

Gemini Rue

7/14: Starting the game, general chat about game.

- Archived stream recording can be found here.

- chat log is here.

7/21: Continuing the game, general chat about game.

- chat log is here.

7/28: Finishing the game, general chat about game.

- chat log is here.

8/4: Q&A and chat with creator of the game, Joshua Nuernberger.

- chat log is here.

We will post logs of these Saturday chats in this thread.

If you're unable to make the Joshua Nuernberger chat, and have a question for him, post it here and we'll try to get it answered!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT THE GAME

137143-Gemini-Rue-digital-only-Download_boxshot_url_01.png

synopsis:

Azriel Odin, ex-assassin, arrives on the rain-drenched planet of Barracus. When things go horribly wrong, he can only seek help from the very criminals he used to work for.

Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a man called Delta-Six wakes up in a hospital with no memory. Without knowing where to turn or who to trust, he vows to escape before he loses his identity completely.

As fate brings these two closer together, we discover a world where life is cheap, identities are bought and sold, and a quest for redemption can change the fate of a whole galaxy.

UPDATE: Game on sale at GOG for $4.99! - Buy Here!

Purchase the game directly from Wadjet Eye Games here.

Purchase the game on Steam.

Purchase the game on Desura.

The chat can be found here:

Browser-based chat!

If you have a chat client, such as mIRC:

IRC Server: irc.foonetic.net

Channel: #DFAdventure

I'll be joining in as a first-time player. Seems like a really interesting game.

Also, wanted to thank Cheeseness for setting up the Joshua Nuernberger chat thing!

There's a great postmortem on the game here.

Yay! Thanks to jonathanfrisby for putting this up :D

By the way, why isn't this posted on the public forums? This makes it sound like the game club was backers-only and super secret. I think the thread should be moved to the public forums, as should any and all other game club threads.

By the way, why isn't this posted on the public forums? This makes it sound like the game club was backers-only and super secret. I think the thread should be moved to the public forums, as should any and all other game club threads.

I think it gets a bit more view here, but we should probably post something in the public forums (and maybe elsewhere) too.. I don't know what Greg has planned, since the previous club threads were in the "From DF" forum.

Greg already plans to promote this, it should get plenty of views soon.

Such a fantastic game. I played it last year and won't replay it with you guys, but I'm interested to see what others think if they are experiencing it for the first time.

Gemini Rue on GoG.com! 50% discount! $5! i should work in marketing!

Gemini Rue on GoG.com! 50% discount! $5! i should work in marketing!

Good catch, Black Hand -- added it to the top post!

I might have to buy this again, just to snag myself the GOG.com version with the extras. As I was typing this, I got a pop-up from the GOG steam group about the release. :lol:

By the way, why isn't this posted on the public forums?

The original purpose of the game club was to get into the "vibe" of actual point and click adventure games; see what they did right, what they did wrong, what we can improve on, what we should try to avoid, to formulate ideas, and to get back into the general feel of them. And, of course, then discuss all this between the backers and DF. It wasn't just to play and discuss games in general, but with the specific purpose of improving DFA... hence most all the games have been point and click adventures, in one way or another.

It feels like we're removing the DF represensitive from that equation...

I think if a majority of participants want it to be public as well, that's completely fine!

I wouldn't mind it being public. The more participants watching and interacting the better I say.

No concerns of hordes marching in, I don't think that would happen, but more that this would be an honest mistake if not clearly labeled as public and it also means that if you'd like to compare the game or discuss ideas from the game to Reds, you'll have to revert to this forum.

Yeah, it hadn't occurred to me that #dfadventure might act as some kind of secret backdoor to the backer community -- it's a pretty small humble group of people... I think if it becomes apparent that any of the worst-case scenarios start to play out we can establish some rules.

I know I've had conversations about REDS with other backers in the channel, and I think that's allowed.. Greg has mentioned stuff in the channel, too.

I think it's a bit of a hazy line, but I guess we'll define some sort of policy on what would be "abusing the purpose of the fan-channel."

Up until now I had the impression that this channel was backers only. I mean, I have been there a few times and I don't remember seeing a nickname of someone who I haven't seen here, but it's certainly possible this has happened.

The thing is that as long as these threads are in the private forum, the existence and the time the channel would be most active will not be known so it's less likely a non-backer would log in. If we start to advertise it then we have to agree we don't discuss anything about the game in that channel.

Except if Chris continues to leak more things like in the time he was pinned for the video leak.

Looks like we've over gifted, and ended up with an extra copy of the game, so.....

Free copy of Gemini Rue on Steam to first person to respond!

(please, only if you don't have the game)

Respond in this thread, then PM me a link to your Steam account or an email address (or post it here if you're not fussed about security).

Huzzah! Do I win?

(only joking kids, I've already been gifted it! In fact, I've been working with jfrisby, leitu and yama this evening to get the settings right so I can stream the game to you all. How exciting is that? Not as exciting as a free copy? Well, fine.)

Allright, did I win it then? .. nah .. had it for months ;)