Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Levering_2pp

The Pax Panel Series Highlights Video

35 posts in this topic

Greetings backers,

You may have heard that we recently gave a presentation alongside Double Fine at Pax in Seattle. Some of you may have been there! At this panel we screened a 23 minute video of highlights from episodes 1-5 of the doc, and then answered peoples questions about the show and how the project is coming along.

Since this panel was live-streamed (along with many other Pax panels) the video was essentially released out into the wild. We figure it's only a matter of time before this content ends up on Youtube in some form or another, so we're taking the initiative and releasing it before someone else puts it up in mediocre quality.

As far as content goes, this is mostly material you guys have seen before. Episodes 1-4 were boiled down by Paul Owens and at the very end you'll catch a preview of some new footage from episode 5. This has been an interesting experiment for us to see how well the material works when condensed down since so many people have been asking about a feature cut. As you'll see it still more or less works but i think the material that gets left out is sorely missed.

TOqPVkmYB6k

Episode 5 will most likely be coming next week, and we'll have a new team profile sidequest really soon!

Thanks for posting this! I was at PAX, but missed this panel. Now I'm regretting it even more.

I think it condensed down surprisingly well, but I agree that the absence of the other content is something you feel. Some of my favourite moments didn't make it (for understandable reasons). Oh well, those poor non-backers don't know what they're missing.

Can't wait to see the rest of episode 5. It looks like production is about to start ramping up, and I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what sorts of insights into the full production process we'll get from these docs.

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting There's no way I could get to America to go to PAX. This is great!

Cool something for me to watch tonight. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to see episode 5 next week.

That was GREAT, thanks! It would be super-fantastical if you could do something like that at the end of the series too...!

So much goodness. Thank you, 2PP! It was nice to have a recap of the production. I can't believe we've been watching the documentaries since ~April.

Oh, sweet! Peter McConnell's going to be in the next episode! \O/

Can't wait! Thanks for the update!

The footage of Episode 5 makes it feel like we're so close...

then Tim says they don't have a name for Reds Girl or a Final look down and suddenly it feels once again, like we're so far away.

Still at least it seems from a technical standpoint they're done and it'll be very easy to install the assets into a built engine once designs are finalized.

I don't know... video games are making my head hurt.

20:38 :-) Tim really invested in playing The Cave, followed by a shot of grumpy Ron was pretty hilarious.

Good to see Greg raising some concerns about switching between the two stories. I'm still not too sure about it either. I think I'd prefer it to be done narratively. I guess you could make some really nice transitions when switching between the two worlds. I always loved those sequences in Grim Fandango. Particularly the transition from year 1 to year 2 with the change of the Rub-A-Mat into the Calavera Café, I've always found pretty cool. Otherwise they should create some really good incentive to switch to the other world.

Episode 5 will most likely be coming next week, and we'll have a new team profile sidequest really soon!

That's great! Looking forward to see some more Peter McConnell.

i wouldnt worry about that switching between two stories can and has been done right.

and i wanted to give you more time by always referring to the previous episode as two episodes, instead of just two parts. i wouldnt complain even if it was a two or three weeks longer wait.

Yay for new videos - I'm sorry to let my sense of anticipation get the better of me, but when you say 'really soon' does that mean before the episode? Just asking!

PS Hurray

Can't wait to see it! Great work guys..

Great stuff. Nice to see a sneak peak of episode 5. Does anyone else think that Peter McConnell looks like Heisenberg?

Y'know, the more episodes come along, sidequests, all of that stuff, the happier I am that I decided to upgrade to the level with the documentary download. :-)

(And kicking myself that I didn't go for the level with the PDF of the art book, but there you go, can't have everything...)

You guys and Double Fine are doing an excellent job so far; while I'm really looking forward to the game, if the game never happened and all there was were the videos, posts etc. I'd probably still have had my money's worth as regards entertainment and enlightenment. Thank you. :-)

The preview of the next episode was very interesting ... Tim struggeling with the details of the plot, Peter McConnell voicing his thoughts about the budget ... all while the pre-production phase comes to an end. Looking forward to the complete episode :)

Even though I've seen most of this content, WHY.DO.I.STILL.GET.GOOSEBUMPS.COM when I've seen it all before? - stunning production, honest opinions and messages to us backers, talented people breaking their sweat, inside "secrets"....all of this for a slacker backer sum of some peanuts $...I will never be able to buy a game again, ever, without wishing I could see what I'm seeing here. I'm so in awe, thank you!

Hey 2pp,

I noticed the colors in the highlight video came out way better than the videos we have. I've attached a sample.

Is there a particular reason for this?

Is there a way you can provide us with the better-color version of the full videos?

Many thanks.

Tim Highlight.jpg

Tim Sidequest.jpg

578d00257e940_TimHighlight.jpg.bad0e50fa

578d00258338a_TimSidequest.jpg.16da61b30

Great video. Thanks for posting Levering_2pp.

Waiting for Peter McConnell talk.

Sweet stuff! It would be super nice to have a condensed version too, maybe even with international subs, so there be something to show to poorly English educated parents around the globe. I love to get hold of as much as possible, but for the less geeky people I know it probably would be easier to expose with a movie than a 40min*12episiode show.

Just can't wait until the next episode!.

This is interesting, but there seems like a lot of heart is missing when watching this. It's so streamlined I feel less attached to it. Every episode so far has left me with some sort of feeling towards the people or the project itself. Either way, thanks for sharing.

Hey 2pp,

I noticed the colors in the highlight video came out way better than the videos we have. I've attached a sample.

Is there a way you can provide us with the better-color version of the full videos?

Many thanks.

Weird, they do not look that way for me. Vimeo is on the left and Youtube on the right.

http://i.imgur.com/glptK.png

Hey 2pp,

Many thanks.

Weird, they do not look that way for me.

I checked it again. Both HD and non-HD have these odd colors on the vimeo videos.

Same thing with Episode 4 video, different than the highlight video colors.

Anyone else tried this comparison?

Hey 2pp,

Many thanks.

I checked it again. Both HD and non-HD have these odd colors on the vimeo videos.

So does this mean I'm the only one who gets the gloomy version from Vimeo or that no other backer cares about this?

So does this mean I'm the only one who gets the gloomy version from Vimeo or that no other backer cares about this?

Yes, I think so.

You should rethink your life because DF and 2PP are clearly giving you a sign.

Hey 2pp,

Many thanks.

Not ignoring you, just super busy at the moment. Have no idea what the problem could be, looks like a gamma level issue. Might be browser side, did you try another browser and see if the same thing is happening? I can say that our source files are ok and that it won't be an issue in the downloadable episodes. Just seems strange since Vimeos whole thing is supposed to revolve around maintaining image quality.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0