Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omsuz

Soul hunters (the book)- becoming the animal vs staying human

2 posts in this topic

When I saw the presentation of this game I immediately thought of an Anthropological book called Soul Hunters by Rane Willerslev. It describes the Yukaghirs of Siberia and how they hunt. They become lovers of the animal spirit and often meet the animal in a dream to gain trust. Then they disguise them selves as animals to come close during the hunt.

There are stories about humans that become to much animal and either die or disappear in to the animal realm. And also stories about humans getting lost in the forest and finding a village they did not know about, suddenly noticing animals live like humans there.

When I saw the presentation of this game I immediately thought of an Anthropological book called Soul Hunters by Rane Willerslev. It describes the Yukaghirs of Siberia and how they hunt. They become lovers of the animal spirit and often meet the animal in a dream to gain trust. Then they disguise them selves as animals to come close during the hunt.

There are stories about humans that become to much animal and either die or disappear in to the animal realm. And also stories about humans getting lost in the forest and finding a village they did not know about, suddenly noticing animals live like humans there.

That sounds amazing. I have story points in the general realm of some of this stuff!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0