Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Chris Remo

New Reds Print and Tip Jar

115 posts in this topic

Hey backers,

Some of you particularly alert folks have already noticed this, but we recently added a couple options for those who would like to further support the Reds project!

In the wake of the most recent documentary episode, many of you have asked how you could help improve the project. We thought about it for a bit, and since we loved Majus' Reds team print so much, we figured you guys might like to own a nice art print of it. It's 13" by 19".

So now you can purchase that in signed or unsigned varieties on the slacker backer page:

http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay

And for those who want to just toss a few bucks our way, you can do so on that page as well! Plus, for new slackers, there's now an option to include a tip along with the subscription.

One thing I want to make clear is that THIS IS ALL OPTIONAL. It's just for backers who really want to pitch in a little more. If we didn't get a bunch of requests to make something like this available, we wouldn't have done it.

Thanks a million for all your support, regardless of what backing category you are part of! You guys are the best.

redsprint.jpg

I don't know if you guys plan to do this or not, but I initially didn't buy the boxed copy of the game but have since regretted that. It would be nice if you could allow some sort of pledge upping for that. I don't care about the special pins or posters or whatever else, but a boxed edition upgrade would be nice, and I can't imagine I'm the only one who regretted not buying the boxed edition.

I don't know if you guys plan to do this or not, but I initially didn't buy the boxed copy of the game but have since regretted that. It would be nice if you could allow some sort of pledge upping for that. I don't care about the special pins or posters or whatever else, but a boxed edition upgrade would be nice, and I can't imagine I'm the only one who regretted not buying the boxed edition.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

What about pins? I'd spend some more money towards the project to get a collection of a few more pins.

Unfortunately we've already decided that all the Kickstarter-exclusive rewards will remain exclusive to those who were part of the original KS funding drive. There are various logistical reasons for this, along with simply wanting to keep that stuff exclusive to those early backers.

However, it is very possible that once the game is finished and released, we will produce a separate physical edition for general sale! If there's a lot of interest in that, we could absolutely do it.

Awesome! Just one question: how large is the print?

Good question! I'll have to find out.

Another question - the page says that for an extra $20, the print will be signed by "key Reds team members." Is there a definite list of who those will be? Tim? The 2PP guys?

It doesn't matter a ton to me (I'm likely to order the signed version in any event), but I am curious.

Another question - the page says that for an extra $20, the print will be signed by "key Reds team members." Is there a definite list of who those will be? Tim? The 2PP guys?

It doesn't matter a ton to me (I'm likely to order the signed version in any event), but I am curious.

I hope everyone from Reds in the office would sign it. It makes sense that Peter and Bagel etc. couldn't sign. For me, I can ferry over to Peter's island and wait by the local color printer for him to show up.

Nice! I have a question and maybe it has already been answered but I couldn't find it on the forum.

I want to buy DFA as a birthday present to a friend + some extra donating for the cause. Is it possible for me to enter his e-mail info etc. instead of using my Paypal e-mail?

Awesome! Just one question: how large is the print?

Also, what about shipping costs? Or will these prints be sent with the boxed copy of the game etc?

Nice additions to the options for new backers, Chris!

I'm sort of wondering why DF has chosen to step lightly around the idea of further optional donations -- the language used here and on the backing page is incredibly passive (...which isn't a tone DF is really known for using).

I was "upsold" quite considerably from the minimum pledge during the Kickstarter campaign, by the passions and excitements of it... I believe it's only fair that DF continue to use bold fonts, prime placement, humor and excitement to convince new people to give more than the minimum.

It's a bit of a disservice to current backers to not put a big exciting paragraph about how more "money will help the universe be friendly and kinder" or something, right there with the "become a backer" bits.

tl;dr - Why not try to upsell new slackers more aggressively.

Edit:

"Toss a few extra bucks in our tip jar if you think we deserve it! (But you don't have to!)"

This bullet point, in particular, should be expanded into a grand statement/joke/ask... instead of whatever bit of passive gobbledygook it is. If you're going to go halfway, you might as well sell harder.

I think as it is mentioned in the original post above DF is adhering to a demand from some backers to simply give more.

Whether any or all extra contributions actually ‘contribute’ to the project or they are ultimately pocketed as pure revenue no one can really know, but given that one of DF’s strategies in dealing with the budget ‘crisis’ if we can call it that, is to redistribute all company revenue back into Reds, is a safe assumption to make.

Now if that means that proposed parts of the game that are set to get cut in order to meet the schedule and budget are back is anybody’s guess, I assume that would depend on how much extra money they do manage to raise and even then, development time might be an issue (I only mention this because a lot of the people willing to give more seem to want to give more money so the integrity of the game is not compromised).

And though I am against any notion of simply ‘giving’ money to any profit making organization, since some people seem to be so desperate to part with their money DF adding the Tip Jar seems like a wise move, both in a pure business sense and as pleasing demand.

Nice additions to the options for new backers, Chris!

I'm sort of wondering why DF has chosen to step lightly around the idea of further optional donations -- the language used here and on the backing page is incredibly passive (...which isn't a tone DF is really known for using).

I was "upsold" quite considerably from the minimum pledge during the Kickstarter campaign, by the passions and excitements of it... I believe it's only fair that DF continue to use bold fonts, prime placement, humor and excitement to convince new people to give more than the minimum.

It's a bit of a disservice to current backers to not put a big exciting paragraph about how more "money will help the universe be friendly and kinder" or something, right there with the "become a backer" bits.

tl;dr - Why not try to upsell new slackers more aggressively.

Edit:

"Toss a few extra bucks in our tip jar if you think we deserve it! (But you don't have to!)"

This bullet point, in particular, should be expanded into a grand statement/joke/ask... instead of whatever bit of passive gobbledygook it is. If you're going to go halfway, you might as well sell harder.

I think as it is mentioned in the original post above DF is adhering to a demand from some backers to simply give more.

Whether any or all extra contributions actually ‘contribute’ to the project or they are ultimately pocketed as pure revenue no one can really know, but given that one of DF’s strategies in dealing with the budget ‘crisis’ if we can call it that, is to redistribute all company revenue back into Reds, is a safe assumption to make.

Now if that means that proposed parts of the game that are set to get cut in order to meet the schedule and budget are back is anybody’s guess, I assume that would depend on how much extra money they do manage to raise and even then, development time might be an issue (I only mention this because a lot of the people willing to give more seem to want to give more money so the integrity of the game is not compromised).

And though I am against any notion of simply ‘giving’ money to any profit making organization, since some people seem to be so desperate to part with their money DF adding the Tip Jar seems like a wise move, both in a pure business sense and as pleasing demand.

For what it's worth, we promise explicitly that this money goes directly into Reds. We also added Majus' print to our main Double Fine Store, and we decided that money as well will also go directly into the Reds budget.

I was unemployed when I backed the Kickstarter project, gave just enough to get a copy of the game but alas no t-shirt, which is regrettable. But you know, food, rent, internet, the essentials. Then I got a contract job and then it turned into a full time position. So in the interest of supporting further I contributed to the tip jar. Don't put yer lips on it tho.

This is a good way to raise extra funds! Glad that we can get this poster, wondering if we where going to ever see it again.

Toward the end of REDS development, will DF provide us with a sense of what the total breakdown of development costs? I'm curious to see what sort of impact the tip jar has on the end product! :D Thanks as always.

Smiles

Again, can someone please tell us how large the print is?
It's almost exactly twice as big as the half-size print.

Is "half-size" some US standard measurement or am I missing something?

Edit: Oh no I lost my action beard!

Think he was just being a smart ass :P

Will definitely put another 30 bucks towards the game next month. Dunno about the print though... awesome as it is.

I think it's great. You guys incorporated a lot of the ideas we had on the forums and now we can hopefully increase the budget so we get the best medium of both compromise and increased budget.

Think he was just being a smart ass :P

Will definitely put another 30 bucks towards the game next month. Dunno about the print though... awesome as it is.

Ahh reading it this time I totally see it hehe. Googled it first and saw some stuff about half size prints (20 inches in one direction). Should have given it a second read instead lol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0