Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Chris Remo

Preorder the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Special Edition!

72 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

Ever since the Humble Bundle ended, we've been wanting to put Amnesia Fortnight 2012 back on sale. But we wanted to wait until we could do it in the coolest possible way, and we think we figured out how: a newly-designed Special Edition boxed set, with an individual Collector's Edition signed slipcase for each game.

The set includes all five games, the three bonus prototypes, an AF2012 soundtrack, and a Blu-ray copy of the full 2 Player Productions documentary. We are really excited about it, and we think it's a great artifact to commemorate our first-ever public AF.

This is a preorder, however you get a digital download code immediately after buying!

Basic rundown is here--a digital-only version is also available:

http://www.doublefine.com/fortnight/

And more details on the store page:

http://shop.doublefine.com/collections/game-amnesia-fortnight/products/amnesia-fortnight-special-edition-box-set

How long will pre-orders last?

We're planning to ship orders in early March. We want to make sure the quality is up to par. (Of course you still get the downloads right away.)

70 bucks is quite steep for the whole package and given how busy next month is going to be, I wonder if I'll even be able to get the best edition by then.

Is the documentary available on regular DVD, or Blu-ray only?

(I don't own a Blu-ray player, but would love to have a physical copy of the doc.)

looks awesome!

I guess there is no discount for fans that already supported the humblebundle? (Since we already own all digital content)

And I thought there would be an additional episode, made a few weeks after the 2 weeks ended to catch up with everybody?

(That's what I understood from 2pp somewhere in these forums)

Jaap

This Special Edition looks enticing, and I probably will throw some money at it, but I wanna see the final wrap-up episode first. ;)

I already have all the games on Steam so if I just wanted the Blu-ray, do I click on the $30?

I kinda wish we could get the Blu-Ray separate for less money. I mean, I already have all the games after all.

Also, I think the description on the store front is a little confusing. Or maybe I'm just stupid in the face.

I kinda wish we could get the Blu-Ray separate for less money. I mean, I already have all the games after all.

Same here. Would gladly pay $20 for the Blu-Ray.

Definitely picking this up.

Curious as to whether it is going to have a separate disc for each prototype within the slip cases or just a single disc containing all the prototypes?

Couple of questions:

Are there any changes to the documentary in terms of extra content, extra polish etc.? (Not that I'm criticizing the quality of the original versions! :) )

Are they rolled into one big video, or still by day?

I did notice some subtitles in the 2PP trailer video, that I don't remember in the original versions.

I'm on the fence right now. Since I have all the content, there is nothing driving me to buy it, apart from the support to DF (for which I've done more than my part recently!) and the amazing covers, so extra "never seen before content" may sway me! :)

Any chance a digital download of documentaries will be up for sale? I would like to purchase ALA the Mojang documentary. Please take my money.

a question: you say that if you don't receive enough preorders, you wan't print it out the boxed edition (basically)

now, how much time are you considering for the final counting? I need to get some money first!

thanks again. amazing bundle

Derp. Found it digitally in the *NEW* link provided. Bought it. Thanks for the Ocean Spray. :)

Information on what full documentary means as others have requested truly would be awesome.

Was a final episode created and the Humble Bundle folks just never let it free?

I rewatched that final day and the "Well, we created a game!" *high five* and then that team backs up as the lights go off actually feels like a conclusion if this was a documentary TV series that aired on TV.

It'd be the kind of thing where people would be "Can we get the Reunion Special?" like pretty much every reality show that wasn't say a competition has done, but sometimes they don't even give you one. They just leave it at a conclusion without the followup.

Still, knowing what 2PP has done would be awesome.

But I'm not saying we HAVE to know... that's all at your discretion.

I already own the Amnesia Fortnight bundle but I had no hesitation putting down $70 for the signed box set. I'm a sucker for boxes and want to add it to my ever growing collection.

The Blu-ray version of the documentary is a nice touch too.

This is pretty cool, I just hope potential new buyers will realize the games really are prototypes with 15-30 minutes of gameplay each, before shelling out $45 for them. The documentary (which is pretty awesome) is the real meat and potatoes here in my opinion.

another thing: it may sound silly, but does the bluray documentary has english subtitles? thanks

it last 5 hours?how the hell did you manage to put it into one disc only?

Yeah, but...you already have the documentary videos too, don't you? Hm, except if you have a slow internet connection, perhaps. In that case I can see then why the Blu-Ray might be enticing on its own.

Yeah, but...you already have the documentary videos too, don't you? Hm, except if you have a slow internet connection, perhaps. In that case I can see then why the Blu-Ray might be enticing on its own.

Yeah, but I'd like the documentary on hard copy Blu-Ray, with the bonus footage. Plus I'd like one of those signed slip cases.

Yeah, but I'd like the documentary on hard copy Blu-Ray, with the bonus footage. Plus I'd like one of those signed slip cases.

Realistically, I don't think subtracting the game disc would make a huge difference to the purchase price. The real thing you're paying for on the boxed version is the artists' time in designing the box and sleeves, the time to plan and execute the physical version, manufacture the box, generate enough orders to justify the minimum order we have to print, etc. The cost of subtracting a regular non-Blu-ray DVD (which is what the game disc is, as opposed to the documentary Blu-ray) isn't a huge cost.

Plus, each box comes with a code where you can download all the games and documentary anyway, so we'd either have a situation where a boxed version gets you different stuff than the code gets you, which is weird, or we'd have to add additional categories of Humble Bundles. And on top of all that, there are already seven different options for the box you buy, because of all the different slipcases, and adding even more variants to the store page just starts getting to a point of customer-facing choice complexity that probably isn't worth it.

That's probably a much more longer answer than you wanted or needed! But it's the kind of consideration we have to put into stuff like this when we're spending a bunch of money manufacturing physical goods.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0