Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asif2pp

Sidequest: “I Think It's Ok That I'm Still Here”

77 posts in this topic

Greetings backers!

To help ride out the wait for episode 8 of the DFA series we have another sidequest here for you. This one will take you into the past of Double Fine's Lead Animator Ray Crook. Just a word of warning, this sidequest has a few movie clips serving as examples of Ray's early influences that some might find gory or scary. Hide your eyes! Or at least, don't let your parents catch you watching it.

Speaking of episode 8 (it is 8, isn't it?), all the footage is shot and the editing process is getting started so the wait shouldn't be too much longer. It will be a good one though, so much has been happening!

We're wrapping up lots of exciting stuff with the forthcoming Amnesia Fortnight release as well. As i've said before we're super proud of that project and the Blu-ray is shaping up very nicely.

Ok, that's too much talk and not enough Ray, so on with the show!

[vimeo]59265764[/vimeo]

8:17 - The revolutionary Blocktari 2600!

20:32 - The face Ray makes for "I think he did..." is priceless.

I also remember being amazed by the MW2 intro sequence. All things considered, it didn't age too badly!

Nice with new video :D

Psychonauts definitely a great game, really hope someday and somehow a sequel is made.

I just love these side quests. Getting to understand the people behind Double Fine is just such an amazing experience.

Can't wait for episode 8 though as 7 felt like one giant cliffhanger.

8:16 was the 'A' in Atari intentionally blocked?
That's just a stupid video glitch, sorry about that. The computer this was cut on is an older one because the main system is tied up with other things. It's struggling with the video software quite a bit.

Another awesome sidequest. All of the people at Double Fine seem so nice!

Greetings backers!

To help ride out the wait for episode 8 of the DFA series we have another sidequest here for you. This one will take you into the past of Double Fine's Lead Animator Ray Crook. Just a word of warning, this sidequest has a few movie clips serving as examples of Ray's early influences that some might find gory or scary. Hide your eyes! Or at least, don't let your parents catch you watching it.

Speaking of episode 8 (it is 8, isn't it?), all the footage is shot and the editing process is getting started so the wait shouldn't be too much longer. It will be a good one though, so much has been happening!

We're wrapping up lots of exciting stuff with the forthcoming Amnesia Fortnight release as well. As i've said before we're super proud of that project and the Blu-ray is shaping up very nicely.

Ok, that's too much talk and not enough Ray, so on with the show!

Just to clarify, the two posts by Asif here were actually done by me. I didn't realize i was logged in to his account! This sidequest was also put together by Paul Owens.

Actually, is this sidequest missing episode notes? Brandon's one had them.

that was great! what was shown of that old student cg animation looks really good still I think! if that was really early doors cg thats amazing...

king of accounting. ha =)

btw so what was that yokosuka japan stuff?

Great side-quest! I really like Ray and have been waiting for an update featuring him since the Amnesia Fortnight series. It's nice to see footage letting us get to know the less gregarious, self-effacing team members too. Little by little all these guys add their piece to the history and mythology of Double Fine. What a great pedigree it is.

Thanks 2PP and thanks Ray!

that was great! what was shown of that old student cg animation looks really good still I think! if that was really early doors cg thats amazing...

king of accounting. ha =)

btw so what was that yokosuka japan stuff?

Yeah, what was that picture of him in Japan about?

Another really great sidequest. It's always fun to hear about the early history of the studio.

I'm really interested in seeing the full short film if you don't mind sharing it! It's also super cool that you got to meet Art Clokey! (Big Gumby fan, haha.)

Did Ray go and find that cartoon he showed Tim that landed him the job? If so? Show us? Please??!

For the love of Petty Crook! Do it for Petty Crook!

Also, can't wait for more and also that Amnesia Fortnight final episode...

so compelled to order the boxset even though I have everything on it downloaded onto a special flashdrive!

Ray, you not jumping from job to job like other people means that you finally found your true job. I'm in programming business and I must say I still haven't found my job, I keep jumping from stuff to stuff. I hope someday I'll found it. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0