Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medacris

Meda's Art Corner

78 posts in this topic

Here's an inked sketch of four of my favorite Psychonauts characters. And Linda, because who doesn't love Linda?

tumblr_mihu3yA2tN1row5uso1_500.png

Here's the colored version of the part with Sasha and Milla:

tumblr_mhxnie7Xce1row5uso1_500.png

That's the best Linda I've ever seen here. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any Linda fan art.

Oh, hey, cool, I've seen this on Tumblr! I really like this style. It fits the Psychonauts aesthetic quite well. I'd love to see more of your work on here, Medacris! (And mine, just as soon as I get a stupid tablet...)

I don't know why there's not more Linda fanart. I should draw more of her, then! I don't often get a chance to draw monsters, but it's really fun!

Hey, I'm glad to be recognized from Tumblr! Thank you, I like knowing my art works with what I'm drawing. And I'd love to see yours, too!

---

EDIT: Here's more art, albeit a very rough sketch. The Asylum inmates (and Crispin Whytehead).

tumblr_miwnbrzIeC1row5uso1_500.png

More art, both WIP's:

tumblr_mk10bi3SkO1row5uso1_500.jpg

Action!Raz

tumblr_mkfixcJxfS1row5uso1_500.jpg

A get-well-soon card for my best friend, who, like Lili, had a bad stuffy nose last week. We were discussing Lili's closet comic book geek tendencies and how Raz might find them attractive.

Raz is the only thing that Lilli loves in the world. Him and comic books.

That picture is just adorable! Tell your friend that I'm praying for her to get better. And I'm digging the shading on Action!Raz, too. I really ought to learn how to shade... ah, well. I'll work on it! Good job, as usual!

Raz is the only thing that Lilli loves in the world. Him and comic books.

That picture is just adorable! Tell your friend that I'm praying for her to get better. And I'm digging the shading on Action!Raz, too. I really ought to learn how to shade... ah, well. I'll work on it! Good job, as usual!

Yes, yes it is. I'll let her know! It's not shaded quite yet, but I'll make sure to upload it when it is.

Lookin' good so far, Meda! I like the detail on Raz's hat and Loboto's tiny little claw hand. And I agree with Leroy: the world needs more Ford! (I just need to figure out how to draw him, that's all...)

When I first looked at it, I thought Raz's expression looked a little pervy for some reason. Now I'm not seeing it. I love Oleander's look though. He looks like an old fashioned "muscle man" with that sweet stache.

@Acefox: Thanks!

@Leroy: Yes! Ford needs more love and fanart. I wouldn't draw Raz looking pervy, he's ten. Cocky, though, yeah. He's badass, he knows it, he can afford to be cocky. And thanks! Oleander's facial hair is indeed pretty sweet, and I'm always a little ticked off if an artist forgets his sweet soul patch.

@Kirby: Thank you! I worked hard on trying to get those two details just right. You should totally draw him.

tumblr_mmlii2W3Td1row5uso1_500.jpg

A non-DF sketch I did recently. Good old Max being himself.

Max, what are you doing?! That's not a toy! What? You knew that? THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL MESSING AROUND WITH IT?!

Ha ha! Great pic, Meda!

Max, what are you doing?! That's not a toy! What? You knew that? THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL MESSING AROUND WITH IT?!

Ha ha! Great pic, Meda!

Thank you, Kirby! Max isn't gonna learn, is he? Rambunctious little lagomorph, he is.

Here's an OFF request I recently received:

tumblr_mnc1igr62o1row5uso1_500.png

Sneaking on late at night to post some things:

tumblr_inline_mnqpr6vVDZ1qbgsnt.jpg

Wren cosplaying Raz.

tumblr_mnrabdZWzv1row5uso2_r1_500.png

tumblr_mnrabdZWzv1row5uso1_r3_500.png

Credit for the design in the uncolored version is the same as the colored version.

Cool art, medachris! I'm curious as to what Costume Raz's Special Ability would be?

Thank you, guys! And I agree, I really love the bright color scheme of Psychonauts. It's a nice change of pace from the drab color palette of some other games.

Well, Costume!Raz would have to have a combat ability, and it probably wouldn't be Pyrokinesis. I think Lady Liberty and Pirate have the fire effect covered already. Maybe something more akin to the Psi-Blast or Psi-Fist.

Thank you, guys! And I agree, I really love the bright color scheme of Psychonauts. It's a nice change of pace from the drab color palette of some other games.

Well, Costume!Raz would have to have a combat ability, and it probably wouldn't be Pyrokinesis. I think Lady Liberty and Pirate have the fire effect covered already. Maybe something more akin to the Psi-Blast or Psi-Fist.

Maybe fries the enemies brains to disable them for 1 turn?

Could be cool if the special ability was to use telekinesis to throw one enemy at another, dealing both some damage. Or using the same skill to deal surprise wedgies from behind.

How about summon Coachamara to do an overly intricate combo attack?

I love all of the ideas stated so far, although I think I'm leaning towards the brain-scrambling one.