Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Levering_2pp

Week of Double Fine on Gametrailers (Full Set!)

121 posts in this topic

Hey backers!

Apologies for the lateness of this post, we're all running around at PAX and GDC is coming up next week! Gametrailers approached DF about doing a featured week of Adventure content for project REDS, based on the games first reveal to the public.

What we have is a repost of the highlight reel we put together from PAX Prime, and we did another highlight reel that covers some of what happened since then. Those went up Saturday and Sunday, but there was a mistake on Saturday and episode 5 of the series was uploaded by mistake! GT is working on getting that fixed since we didn't really want to publicly release full episodes.

Mon-Tues and Thur-Friday we'll be releasing short 4 min video chunks that kind of make up episode 9. They revolve around the name of the game being revealed, Double Fine getting ready to show the game to the press, and making the games first teaser trailer. Wednesday night Tim will be hosting the Game Developers Choice Awards where the new teaser will be unveiled. We'll keep this post updated with all the relevant links to the content so you guys can stay on top of things as they happen!

Today we did a panel at PAX with Tim, Greg, and Chris and revealed the final name for Project REDS- BROKEN AGE

You can see the spiffy site that Chris put up live during the panel right here- http://brokenagegame.com (at first I wrote that as borkenagegame, which is awesome. Borken Age!)

Here's the link to Gametrailers to keep up on the video releases. Recaps parts 1+2 are content you guys have seen already, with the exception of like a minute at the end of part 2 where Tim reveals the name of the game. One of the short videos this week will delve deeper into the naming process though.

Gametrailers.com Week of Double Fine!

Here's a Vimeo version if you don't like Gametrailers

[vimeo]62131968[/vimeo]

Here's Part 1 of the Mini-series

[vimeo]62554848[/vimeo]

Part 2

[vimeo]62555567[/vimeo]

Part 3

[vimeo]62631435[/vimeo]

Part the fourth!

[vimeo]62922967[/vimeo]

Thanks for the update!

Will the panel be posted somewhere online?

After seeing that sweet cover page, the name's starting to grow on me! I should've trusted Tim from the get-go! :P

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about the unintentional episode post, hopefully it will have a positive effect when people see more of the work.

Thanks for the update! I'm really getting excited about the game now. Looking forward to the stuff that is going to be released this week, particularly the teaser. Revealing it at GDC will probably generate a lot of publicity.

Those 10 seconds of new footage added to the hihglight reel were also worth a watch. Good to know that Broken Age was also the number 1 choice of the team.

The artwork on the BrokenAge page is absolutely beautiful! Funny, I already knew it and watched all the backer videos, but seeing it full-screen like that- like off an on old record album, just really brings it to a whole new level. Thanks for sharing!

Always looking forward to the IGF awards every year, because its a great show, and great games get their due, yet I never really stay after for the GDC Awards. I decided earlier that this is changing this year, and now I know that Broken Age will debut then so I'm more excited than before!

Loving the name, and all this news, and excited to see more!

Nice! Good exposure and very beautiful new art and a good name :cheese:

Thanks for the update!

Will the panel be posted somewhere online?

I've been googling around and can't find anything, sadly. I was also hoping the event might have been filmed for a livestream or anything of that sort, but I guess not.

Maybe it's just me [Chrome/Vista], but the scroll bar on the website doesn't seem to work when you click 'about the game' and the bubble comes up with the details in. I had to resort to lowering myself to the demeaning act of using the scroll-wheel instead. Why me? :(

If it's not too much trouble, could you upload the snippets to vimeo as well so we can watch it on the forums? Not a fan of the GT site or their ads. :P

Cool name.

I really love that picture, right there it just instantly tells me everything i need to know.

love the style as well.

Hey, 2PP! Do you know what it'd cool? A video-abstract of what happened until just before the Episode 9. I say this because, you know, it has been a long trip and it's hard to remember certain things. I know it'd take a lot of time, but I think it'd pay off.

Ha! I *knew* Chris wrote that site! He called the variable where they're going to put the screenshot thumbnails "idleThumbs"!

It's the little things.

Also, you know how you can tell a good game title?

When you google for it and *every single result for eight pages is about your game*.

Edit: Might wanna tell Chris there's a bug on the site! When you click any close button, it fades out the element but doesn't remove it. This means when you close the pre-order section, invisible paypal links are still sitting there in the background, lying in wait to be accidentally clicked. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's worth knowing about.

WANT THIS. AS A DESKTOP. WANT WANT WANT THE PRETTY PRETTY :D
100% Agreed!

100% Agreed!

+1

1920x1080

dfa.jpg

dfa.jpg.43f4aab67c999454d0ce1fbb28dfefca

1920x1080

Thanks! :)

Does this GameTrailer deal just mean publicity or due to the exclusivity to gt.com also more money for the project?

The Game Trailers website is not loading properly.

It's a Broken Page.

Ha.

The Game Trailers website is not loading properly.

It's a Broken Page.

Ha.

I'm ashamed to say I actually lol'd.

Apart from the fact that having the videos here and not just Gametrailers helps following up on when they are released, the vimeo videos quality is much better, at least for me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0