Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Chris Remo

Broken Age First Teaser Trailer

333 posts in this topic

Hey backers,

We just finished putting the finishing touches on the first teaser trailer for the newly-named Broken Age (formerly Reds, even more formerly Double Fine Adventure). In just a few hours, it will be shown for the first time at the end of the Game Developers Choice Awards hosted by Tim.

Well, not quite for the first time. Because it's right here right now!

[vimeo]62809794[/vimeo]

As with other backer videos, this will only play on these forums, not on Vimeo's site. It needs to stay private for the next few hours to preserve the surprise. Please help us in keeping it that way--we really appreciate it. But after tonight, it will be available for everyone to watch.

Hope you liked it!

You can watch Tim's GDC Awards presentation live on GameSpot here: http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=2013_igf_gdc_awards_live20130327

I like it! But it´s more like a teaser. I feel teased, give me mooah nau! :)

Very nice trailer, still not a fan of the name, but, whatever, I'm just glad the game is coming along nicely.

Wow! Thanks for posting this early, Chris. Due to the time zone difference I'm unfortunately not able to watch the GDC Awards Presentation. But now I've already seen the most important part.

The art and music are insanely beautiful. The boy in space reminds me a bit of Kubrick's space waltz from 2001: a space odyssey.

After seeing this, I think the title feels like a good fit now. The shot of Space Boy in what looks like a high chair made me snicker.

Totally awesome! I specifically love the girls close-up moment during what appears to be a family scene.

It looks great. Thanks for not playing safe with the art style. The art from Bagel, Lee, Levi and all the others looks fantastic,

THIS IS AMAZING, LOVED THE 90,000 FRIENDS PART

I shall shed a tear

That was neat.

But I have to admit that I liked the Cave Trailer/Teaser much more.

I didn't liked the music on this one.

I still don't really get why they look like puppets? Is that part of the "bagel" Style`?

That's a discussion I missed in the documentary. What is Bagel's Style and so on.

While I like the chalky Style in the cloud colony it really doesen't work for me in space.

I hope that's not final yet.

Nice touch at the end! I'm like Tim's 90.000 best friend!

That was neat.

But I have to admit that I liked the Cave Trailer/Teaser much more.

I didn't liked the music on this one.

I still don't really get why they look like puppets? Is that part of the "bagel" Style`?

That's a discussion I missed in the documentary. What is Bagel's Style and so on.

While I like the chalky Style in the cloud colony it really doesen't work for me in space.

I hope that's not final yet.

Nice touch at the end! I'm like Tim's 90.000 best friend!

That is bagle style.

http://www.nathanstapley.com/gallery.htm

Strange thing to be excited about, but it really made me smile to see the "Box Art" animated. I assumed it was in-game graphics (and said so to anyone calling it concept art), but wasn't sure if it would be a static image since the characters are so nicely lit. Glad to be proven wrong!

Short answer: It's easier and faster to animate them that way that to draw every framer by hand from scratch. They're basically like paper dolls that they can move around. That way they can just animate the keyframes and the computer fills in the in-betweens.

I'm not really that wild about that particular choice, but it's hard to deny the game is looking gorgeous. The backgrounds look fantastic.

I love that you posted this for Backers early. You guys rock. This is getting me very excited for the game.

Short answer: It's easier and faster to animate them that way that to draw every framer by hand from scratch. They're basically like paper dolls that they can move around. That way they can just animate the keyframes and the computer fills in the in-betweens.

I'm not really that wild about that particular choice, but it's hard to deny the game is looking gorgeous. The backgrounds look fantastic.

It'looks nice as a painting, but in a Game?I'm skeptic, have to see more.

I really don't like the arms and legs. Twig bitches:-)

Its also bagles style drawing humans and this game is made on his art style.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0