Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DF Chris Remo

Broken Age character wallpapers

54 posts in this topic

brokenage_forumheader.png

Hey guys,

I've noticed some of you guys have mentioned using the background from http://www.brokenagegame.com/ as a wallpaper, which is awesome, so I figured I'd go ahead and format it more properly into some of the more common display resolutions for computers and mobile devices.

So here you go!

- 1280 by 1024 (5:4)

- 1920 x 1080 (16:9)

- 2560 x 1440 (16:9 higher-res)

- 1920 x 1200 (16:10)

- 2048 x 1536 (iPad)

- 640 x 960 (iPhone pre-5)

- 640 x 1136 (iPhone 5)

- 1080 x 960 (Android)

- All images in a zip archive

A few notes:

- The iPad background is sized for the "retina" display, but the aspect ratio is identical on all iPad models, so it should be fine regardless.

- Same goes for the iPhone pre-5 size: it's made to support retina displays but it's the right aspect ratio for any pre-5 iPhone.

- The "Android" background is just called that because it's a decent attempt at a common aspect ratio that works with Android's scrolling backgrounds, but since there is no standard Android spec you may end up trying a few different sizes before finding the best one for your device.

- For the iPhone images I created a tweaked version of the artwork that moves the boy and girl closer together, to better support the vertical orientation of the device. If you'd prefer a horizontal orientation, the 1920x1200 image is almost exactly the right aspect ratio for iPhone pre-5, and the 1920x1080 image is almost exactly the right aspect ratio for iPhone 5.

Now I can replace the makeshift wallpaper I nabbed off Broken Age website background image with an official one. Nice, thanks!

Now I can replace the makeshift wallpaper I nabbed off Broken Age website background image with an official one. Nice, thanks!

Same. Thanks.

Panoramic for Dual Monitors

th_brokenage_3840x1080.png

3840x1080 for dual widescreen monitors

th_brokenage_3000x1080.png

3000x1080 for 1 5:4 and 1 16:9

Sorry about using photobucket but the forums won't let me attach any image over 3000x3000. To get the full sized file you need to click options>download on the photobucket page.

now THIS would make an awesome print.

It was available at PAX East (as shown without any logo) if you were lucky enough to get one. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm not sure of the plans to sell them on their website going forward. I think there would be a demand for them.

Thanks Chris for posting. Wallpaper duly changed!

now THIS would make an awesome print.

It was available at PAX East (as shown without any logo) if you were lucky enough to get one. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm not sure of the plans to sell them on their website going forward. I think there would be a demand for them.

Thanks Chris for posting. Wallpaper duly changed!

yeh, about that... id have had to go 8500kms to get there (according to googlemaps) and burn a sizable part of my savings. so that wasnt really an option :).

Can I be selfish and ask for a 1680x1050 image?

Thanks. :P

Use the 1920x1200 image its the same format just a little larger.

Can I please have a 1600x1200 version?

Use 2048x1536--it's the identical aspect ratio so it should be perfect.

A higher res 7680x1440 - 3 monitor - size would be nice.

th_brokenage_7680x1440.png

7680x1440

It's a good thing this image scales so well

Panoramic for Dual Monitors

Thanks for this. It looks amazing on my dual-monitor Mac setup at work. Girl on my left monitor, Boy on the right. It's a natural fit.

Mac OS doesn't normally allow 1 image to span 2 screens so I used a little free software called MultiScape. But I'm sure there are other options as well.

What's the highest resolution that the image is actually available in? So that we can do our own scaling/cropping.

So, Broken Age is the Double Fine Adventure, right?

Yep. From Double Fine Adventure to Reds to Broken Age. There's already a joke around the office that it's going to somehow get a different name yet again before it ships. (Fingers crossed that doesn't happen...)

So, Broken Age is the Double Fine Adventure, right?

Yep. From Double Fine Adventure to Reds to Broken Age. There's already a joke around the office that it's going to somehow get a different name yet again before it ships. (Fingers crossed that doesn't happen...)

I cross my fingers too, because the name that capture me is the Broken Age!

Cheers!

:D

Lovely wallpapers, thanks! I just love the art style so much. It's so colorful an distinctive, but muted at the same time. I don't know much about art so maybe that wouldn't be a great way of describing it. I should just say it's fantastic. :)

Lovely wallpapers, thanks! I just love the art style so much. It's so colorful an distinctive, but muted at the same time. I don't know much about art so maybe that wouldn't be a great way of describing it. I should just say it's fantastic. :)

I Totally Agree. Adventure, exploration...

Timeless!

Thank you very much for these wallpapers. Been wanting some for quite some time. Would love more of them, actually.

Keep up the good work!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0