Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Costume Quest (with Tasha Harris and many more!)

28 posts in this topic

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Costume Quest (starting 12th of October)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Chapter 1

Next Game: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Costume-quest-cover.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 12th October, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Interview and Stream 1a, Stream 1b, Interview transcript) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)

- 19th October, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)

- 26th October, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session (Stream 3) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS

- Tasha Harris (@tashascomic)

- Gabe Miller (@gabemiller)

- Anna Kipnis (@doubleanna)

- Mark Hamer (@m_hamer)

ABOUT THE GAME

Reynold and Wren's Halloween is turned upside down when marauding monsters with a hunger for candy accidentally kidnap one of the twins. The remaining trick-or-treater and friends found along the way must use the power of their Halloween costumes to defeat the monsters and save their neighbourhood.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)

- GOG (Windows, DRM Free)

- iTunes Store (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)

- XBox Marketplace (XBox 360)

- Playstation Network (PS3)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club F.A.Q.

So many guests! This is going to be a fun session.

Yeah, looking forward to it.

A friend of mine has been playing CQ with his five year old son recently. They both really enjoyed it. Can't wait until my son is old enough to be able to play it.

Argh. Why must this be the day I'll be out of the house all day?! Uguu~ ;_;

Oh wells, I'll be there for the second session. I'm sure you'll have an awesome session with all those awesome guests. ^_^

Hey everyone! I'll be the one streaming Costume Quest. For those who want something to do until the beginning of the stream (when you aren't busy playing Costume Quest naturally), feel free to listen to one or both of these song on constant loop and you should be ready for the game =D

This was a game I had underestimated a lot from DF portfolio and delayed a lot before actually playing it, while I now think it was the highest product of the studio; I hope I'll have time to pass by if I remember. =P

Drat! I'm going to miss it this weekend :(

A big shout out to all the amazing Special Guests that will be there! If they make it to the following week, I should be able to attend then.

Playing Costume Quest has become my new tradition for getting into the Halloween mood- like catching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" on TV.

I think we're going to be able to get some of the guests for more than one session. There'll also be a chat log :D

In case anybody who might be interested in playing on an iOS device hasn't spotted, Costume Quest for iOS launched today! Woo!

Hi guys!

I worked on Costume Quest as Lead Gameplay Programmer (all overworld stuff) and then Lead Programmer on Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice.

I won't be able to hang out long tomorrow (have a music lesson to go to), but I am really looking forward to stopping by!

I won't be able to hang out long tomorrow (have a music lesson to go to), but I am really looking forward to stopping by!

Aww, you're totally welcome to come to any of the others that you like (we're planning three sessions for Costume Quest and we'll be doing Grubbins on Ice in December maybe)! It'll be great to have you there even if it's only for a short time! :)

I just got word that David Gardner (@IruinedYourDay) won't be able to join us.

So, we're planning a short voice interview with Tasha at the beginning of the session where we'll be relaying questions from IRC similar to how we did the interview with Ron when we played The Cave! Get your questions ready :D

Won't be able to be there for the stream this week. :( But hopefully next.

That was my first Double Fine Game Club, and it was fun. It was great to be able to ask a question (and get it answered - yay!) by Tasha. :)

I'll try to make it here next week too. I'll be in South Carolina (having a holiday in Myrtle Beach - off-season is always the cheapest!) for the last week though.

The stream archive and interview are up in the first post as well as the chat log!

A great session! Thanks to Mark, Anna and Tasha for giving us some of their time and apologies for the late start! Dan also dropped in after we'd finished and said he'd like to join us next week!

Halloween's not really a thing here in Australia, but I've been enjoying playing through Costume Quest and haven't found that to be an issue at all ^_^

Looking forward to next week's session! :D

Edit: Oops! Running back through the log, I noticed that Anna (Kipnis) pointed out something which I'd completely forgotten to bring up - the Costume Quest Amnesia Fortnight prototype is included as a bonus in the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 bundle, which is available both as a DRM free download and as a boxed set with super cool retro covers in the Double Fine Action Shop!

Hey Cheese ! Any chance you might get Choy to join for the second session ? Those vfx are soooo rad !

Hey Cheese ! Any chance you might get Choy to join for the second session ? Those vfx are soooo rad !

We can definitely try!

For anybody who's excited about such things, is hearing impaired, or just doesn't want to listen to the interview archive on Twitch, I spent the past day or so transcribing the interview! Enjoy! :D

Great job with hosting and the interview, Cheeseness! Would love to read interviews from the others as well!

A Hippy costume! Hah! Now they have to make a follow up to CQ!

Halloween's not really a thing here in Australia, but I've been enjoying playing through Costume Quest and haven't found that to be an issue at all ^_^

What?! You mean they don't teach you about Jack Skellington or the Great Pumpkin in your history books over there? Unbelievable!

We'll be starting our second session very soon! Tasha and Mark are already in the chat!

The stream archive and chat log from today's session are up!

Thanks to everybody who came, and big thanks to Tasha, Anna, Mark and Gabe for joining us :D

I had a question I was going to ask during the first session, but I can't recall what it was >_<

Today's DF Game Club session was awesome. (Last week, too, even though I was newly home from having surgery.)

I had a wonderful time. CQ is an amazing game. The company was wonderful. The questions were excellent. And we just had so much fun!

Thanks again, Cheeseness and everyone who participated!!! <3

- Marykate (aka fightclubdoll)

Viva Windsockguy!!

We'll be going live with our final session in a little bit :D

The stream archive and chat log from today's session are up for everybody's enjoyment!

Thanks so much to all the developers who joined us over the past few weeks. It's been wonderful to celebrate the game with them. Don't forget to leave your thoughts or share a rating (template here) of the game!

Next week, we'll be making a start on Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis!