First I just want to say this is an amazingly complete and polished beta and a ton of fun. I would totally accept this as a 1.0 but am really glad to hear that more work will be going into it! I have the following constructive criticism after a few hours of play:
1. When moving heroes the destination square changes between white and yellow, it's a bit too subtle and can be really hard to see are certain terrains.
2. I think there needs to be a little more information in game about how breeding works. For example I didn't realize that children take their regents class until I built my 3rd keep. As a side note if anyone has a link to some complete info on this I would appreciate it!
3. I felt that time moved too fast. My main issue with this is that my heroes only get too fight a couple of battles before they die or I need them to become regents, standards, etc. This could probably be adjusted via an X-Com style second wave option that lengthens the game.
4. Due to above I felt it pretty hard to get attached to any of the heroes as they were pretty expendable. To be honest I don't remember the names of most of them. This desire might be due too taking the game in too much of and X-COM light though.
- I often see seeds without their torso
- when scrolling around maps my view often shifts between colour and black and white. This can change alternate rapidly and be pretty jarring sometimes.