Sign in to follow this  
Chapter11

I still love you

Spacebase, Autonomous, and now Hack n Slash are all getting made into full games, that just leaves Black Lake and White Burch. Those were my two favorite of the bunch, honestly. I'm holding out hope for a full Black Lake game, one day, maybe. Anyone else with me on this?

Maybe far away

Or maybe real nearby

He may be pouring her coffee

She may be straightening his tie!

Betcha they're good --

Why shouldn't they be?

Their one mistake

Was giving up me!

So maybe now it's time,

And maybe when I wake

They'll be there calling me "Baby"

Maybe.

Precisely my thoughts, dear sir or madam. Black Lake was by far my favourite prototype of the bunch, and I sincerely hope it won't fall by the wayside. It really deserves to be developed further.

Yeah, Hack 'n' Slash was the first of my three favourites to get picked up for full production. I would love to see Black Lake and The White Birch get made into full games too.

Yeah, Hack 'n' Slash was the first of my three favourites to get picked up for full production. I would love to see Black Lake and The White Birch get made into full games too.
The biggest reason why the other ones are probably chosen first because they are of the cheaper variety to create. While white birch and the black lake really need a bigger game and probably budget to create something good.

I wonder how much the lack of humor in these games has to do with them not being picked up. Hack n Slash, Spacebase, and Autonomous all have a degree of humor, some more than others, but Black Lake and White Burch are the opposite of a "Double Fine game" if that makes sense.

I would have to assume they'll make a game no matter what if its good, but we've never really seen a DF game that doesn't have a high level of humor, let alone none at all.

I'd really like to see Black Lake and White Burch picked up again in the future as well, though they may be a bit bigger in scope than the others.

According to Mr Tim Schafer in an interview with Edge Online:

“The one that got the most votes was Black Lake,” he tells us. “That one couldn’t be released on Early Access, that would have to be made in full so hopefully that’ll see the light of day someday. I’d love to make White Birch, and Autonomous got a little bit of life when we put out the Leap Motion experience [Dropchord].

So, there still is a a chance that we may see a full version of Black Lake in the future. Judging from the AF 2014 pitches, they have so many good concepts lying around that it must be difficult to decide which ones to greenlight.

Well, they're hiring new environment artists, who need to be familiar with Unreal Engine 4, so it's obvious that they're working on it, right? Right?!

Well, they're hiring new environment artists, who need to be familiar with Unreal Engine 4, so it's obvious that they're working on it, right? Right?!

OR JUST WRAPPING IT UP.....

...RIGHT?!

...RIGHT?!

Prediction/hope: Black Lake will be released tomorrow and it will be the top seller on Steam for the next month. And everyone will get hugs.

...RIGHT?!

Prediction/hope: Black Lake will be released tomorrow and it will be the top seller on Steam for the next month. And everyone will get hugs.

Double Fine is going to be at the next PAX....

...TO OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE BLACK LAKE?!?!?!

Sign in to follow this