Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BeanFields

What will you be doing next week?

Sunday I'm going to my dad's side's Christmas party/gathering.

Wednesday (Christmas day) I'm going to mum's side's Christmas party/gathering.

Thursday I'm going to our English friends' house to eat turkey and potatoes as well as a traditional pudding.

(It is worth mentioning that I'm a Christian, but I think that Christmas is just as much about family/friends as it is Jesus' birth).

Christmas Eve, I'll be wrapping up the presents and then doing sweet FA.

Christmas Day, I'll be at home with my folks (still live at home despite being 29, go me) with family coming over, namely my sister and her fiancée. Not sure who else.

Boxing Day I'll be at work, because money.

I haven't got many plans but I'm going to try and focus on getting some time to play with my Dad and Brother as I usually don't get much time with them and it'll be good to try and play through TWDS2E1, Deponia, some Sonic all Stars racing and I'm considering giving Escape from Monkey Island a chance as it has always been the monkey Island I skipped because of the general negativity surrounding it and I'd like to at least give it a go...

Other than that I'll probably just Laze around waiting for the Doctor Who special and probably watch Tangled as that's meant to be on, on Christmas day and I haven't actually watched it yet

I'll be working. For two days I'll get 2.5X pay. Our labour laws just state that you must get 1.5X pay on holidays, but my union agreement is 2.5X...Which taxes take a large chunk of. Oh well.

Big family event/potluck. My extended family all goes to one family's house on Christmas Eve. We all stay up till midnight upon which we designate someone to read off/hand out presents. A few hours after that it becomes a giant sleep over. Lots of food and drink to be had. Christmas day the people who want to go to church. We try to finish all the leftovers and play with our gifts. It only gets bigger every year...

Edit: @Bean, Muppet Christmas Carol... YUSSSSS!!!!! Sooo gud!

This saturday I have dinner and gift exchange with my immediate, nuclear family.

On Christmas Eve I have Christmas and gift exchange with my mom's entire side. (Dad's side doesn't get together anymore. Sehr schade.)

Christmas Day I'll probably just be sitting around the house by myself, being worthless.

Tomorrow (21rst) we open presents and eat Yule dinner. On Christmas eve we have a neighborhood party to go to.

I'm doing nightshifts (10pm- 6am) Christmas eve and Christmas day. The only time I get overtime is Christmas day, so I guess I'll probably spend time with my family (mom, dad and sister) before I go to work on Christmas eve and then again when I get out of work. We usually go on a hike on Christmas but our dogs are all too old for that now, so we'll probably skip it. I might have a cousin and uncle coming for a couple of days after Christmas but probably not.

I'm seeing Phish and going to Disco Biscuits afterparties on the 28th and 29th in the city, and then I think I'm going to see Infected Mushroom for New Years Eve and then see the Disco Biscuits after that. I love being in the city for new years, much more relevant to my interests than Christmas. I'm also excited to see the new bridges at Madison Square Garden, which is probably where I'm going to get tickets for at the Phish shows.

Do you have the 4x pay on public holidays rule in the UK?

This kind of makes me wish I didn't live in Connecticut. At least for holidays that I have to work on.

Sign in to follow this