Hi Everyone!

I'm ThoughT and new to the forums, but definitely not new to the amazing works of Double Fine Studios.

A little about me: I've been playing video games literally since I can remember, and they have been a massive influence in my life in terms of forging interest and hobbies. In the days of Half-Life, I formed a large interest in modding and more-so, creating video game music. This was influenced by the works of Nobuo Uematsu, Alexander Brandon, Michiel "M.C.A." Van Den Bos and Akira Yamaoka. I am a firm believer that Music and Sound Design can make or break any gaming experience.

Currently I am lead composer on a game that also started as a community project called "No More Room in Hell (nmrih.com)." We were one of the first 10 games to be greenlit on Steam and have been featured in many PC gaming magazines including an article in PCGamer when we were announced Mod of the Year 2011.

(All My Music)

Anyway. That's all I got. I'm excited about talking video games with the forum and keeping up with Double Fine's new game! I was more than thrilled to support the kickstarter project when it first posted and sadly it's taken me this long to actually sign up for the forums. Fail on my part, but better late than never!

Either way, it's good to be here!

Well, I live in the United States. I enjoy many hobbies such as playing the trumpet and fishing. I also enjoy playing many types of video games, as old as the Intellivision to the Wii U. Anyhing else? I really don't know what to say...

Sweet! I used to play trumpet before switching to horn, which is what I play now. So long as you can handle the eccentricities of the rest of the Off Topic crew, I think you'll fit right in.

What she means by "eccentricities" is don't feed us after midnight. Don't tell the others I told you that. They want the change to happen.

Leroy shut up dude, I get super hungry after midnight.

Don't listen to leroy pudding, there is no change that happens, he made that up. Also I play trumpet too, not enough people in the world play trumpet.

Don't listen to leroy pudding

Yeah, don't listen to Leroy Pudding. It's just as bad before midnight as it is after.

Also, welcome to both of you. Tell us how Psychonauts changed your lives.

Welcome, ThoughT! Good to see more gaming composers, I'm looking forward to hearing your stuff!

Welcome, Pudding-- how're you liking the WiiU??

Welcome, Pudding-- how're you liking the WiiU??

I love it! I really liked New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU. The only problem is that I have already mastered both of them.

Well be sure to get The Wonderful 101 when it comes out. I really want that game to do well. It's made by one of my favorite developers, it looks like Viewtiful Joe, and the gameplay looks really unique and fun.

I too have the Nintendo WiiU. I love it! On top of the two games that were mentioned by Pudding22, I also have a blast with Ninja Gaiden 3, Nintendo Land, Lego City and Assassin's Creed 3.

The store is growing and they keep treating us early adopters with goodies like Punch Out for $0.30 and most recently Kirby's first game on the NES for $0.30. It looks great on my big TV so they did very good work bringing it over.

Also, the system swap program to bring all my Wii saves over worked very well. I was about half way through Skyward Sword and now playing it on my WiiU makes it like a whole new game. Having the system upscale it through HDMI to 1080p makes normal Wii Games way more vibrant and crisp. The text in Skyward Sword for example is crystal clear compared to how it was on my Wii. Also on my Wii, I had an upconverting HDMI adapter that I was using as well. So I can say that the WiiU goes well above and beyond what those 3rd party adapters were able to achieve.

All in all, the community is amazing, the system is charming and the games are a blast. I have no complaints. The concept that I can pause my game anytime and post a screenshot on forums populated by the polar opposite of the Call of Duty community, makes me very happy. No trolling, just nice people. I love it.

I forgot to mention Nintendo Land it's a lot of fun. I have not bought the Kirby game though. Is it still on sale? If it is I'll buy it later. When does the full version of virtual console come out?

Supposed to come with a Software update that will speed up the menus significantly. Should be coming shortly but I don't know an exact date.

I just sat down to buy Kirby and it said there is an update is available. It's updating now, I hope it's virtual console.

Edit: I just googled it and it appears that it is!

Edit 2: I got the Kirby game and it is a lot of fun.

Oh Nice. I need to get that update when I get home from Work! Is the VC on there?

Also I play trumpet too, not enough people in the world play trumpet.

Two trumpets and a horn - we're close to a brass quintet! I can take either the tuba or the trombone.

'allo.

I'm wornoldhat. I'm 28, live in Toronto and do a number of things such as photography and running a beer site called The Thirsty Wench.

While I'm a newbie to the forums, I've been a fan of Double Fine and Schafer for a hell of a long time (Day of the Tentacle was MY GAME as a kid).

Anyways, I suck terribly at introductions, so I'll just say...Hi!

omg a canadian person! but toronto, ew. i am from rural alberta and therefore i hate you. stop taking our money to subsidize gay pride parades and french immersion programs.

I'd tell you to stop doing something in return, but being from Toronto, I don't know/care what you other provinces get up to.

Je vous dirais d'arrêter de faire quelque chose en retour, mais étant de Toronto, je ne sais pas / fiche de ce que vous autres provinces se lever pour.

;)

Hello, my name is Kalvin. I have a computer. I like pizza. How's it going? Goodbye.

Bonjour, je m'appelle Kalvin. J'ai une ordinateur. J'aime le pizza. Comme ça va? Au revoir.

Hot, are you making new alts again. Or do all Canadians type with the same sarcasm you have.

no i swear to god wornoldhat is not me. probably. i did like to call myself hat when i went by my old name. so "old hat" would be an appropriate name for an alt. hmm.

Also I play trumpet too, not enough people in the world play trumpet.

Two trumpets and a horn - we're close to a brass quintet! I can take either the tuba or the trombone.

I play trombone,I want to be part of a quintet!

no i swear to god wornoldhat is not me. probably. i did like to call myself hat when i went by my old name. so "old hat" would be an appropriate name for an alt. hmm.

Paying $35 to make an alt with that "Broken Age Backer" label would be a funny forum prank though.

Paying $35 to make an alt with that "Broken Age Backer" label would be a funny forum prank though.

lol. leroy i think you can rest assured that i am way too cheap to spend $35 on a joke.

wornoldhat, please stick around. i need someone who can understand my tim hortons and don cherry references. please.