On 05/09/2017 at 1:22 AM, kaffebaggel said:

Ahoy-hoy!

I'm Kaffebaggel a guy in his early thirties from Sweden.

I want my music loud, my videogames quiet and my porridge just right.

I make things over at Mammothtree studios and i am currently making a old-timey-lucas-artsy point & click game called Omnichronic.mws

I also make loud noises in a band called Signo Rojo.

I'm more of a listener than a talker but i'm working on it.

Let's be cyber-friends!

Your are welcome in this site..I am also New user in this site.I am also interested as a cyber-friends!

hi everyone, it’s me, sarah, back again

i miss the earnest enthusiasm of windows 95 era microsoft wordart and i really like carbohydrates

i also miss actual internet forums, don’t you

???

On 4/19/2018 at 11:16 PM, just sarah said:

hi everyone, it’s me, sarah, back again

i miss the earnest enthusiasm of windows 95 era microsoft wordart and i really like carbohydrates

i also miss actual internet forums, don’t you

???

what's your favorite kind of carbohydrate? 

mine is BREAD 

Maybe if more of us chime in?

I like rice!

Hey there, some of you might remember me but I'm sure a fair amount wont. I used to post on dfaf from like 2010-15 which is when I was around 11-14 .I just wanted to post that I have very very fond memories of this forum and the friends I made while I was here despite being a lot younger than the other people here.

I'm 19 now and I've struggled for years between trying to get back into this forum and staying far away because of how I was when I was younger, however I feel I owe it to everyone I knew here that you all helped me along in what was a very dark time in my life.

DFAF was an escape from being bullied at school as well as at home, it was a place I felt safe to speak my mind with like-minded individuals like bookdust/Scarecrow, feddlefew, hot, leroyoctopus, and many more. I spent countless hours in the IM chat we had through something called mibbit or fribbit or something because I felt accepted. I told people on this forum whenever I had a crush. When my mother told me she was pregnant with my little sister, now 6, the first thing I thought was to tell my friends on DFAF.  Honestly I owe my life to this forum and the company that founded it.

It makes me sad to see some friends gone but it fills me with pride seeing how many are still here and even been promoted to mods. I'm not sure how often I'll post if I really return but I've been feeling this way for a long time and I felt it was time to let it be known to the forum and the people that knew me way back when I was just a cringy kid. I love you all.

Edited by that guy

Hi, that_guy. I vaguely remember your name from when I joined DFAF at the beginning of the DFA Kickstarter (Broken Age). I'm glad you have fond memories of this place, and I don't think you should worry about your past self. Most of us did or said things in our teens that we are not so proud of today.

The IRC channel you used to connect to with Mibbit was probably #DFAF at Foonetic.net, which still exists, but is much less active today. Most of the people you mentioned are still active on the previously unofficial, now official, Discord server, which is mentioned in this thread:

I hope to see you there as well.