Double Fine Action Forums

Humm.. Where to start (is anybody actually reading any of this?)..

My name is Enon Sci, I'm a 29 year old physicist based in Portland, Oregon.

My hobbies include finishing school (can you believe it, they won't let me rewrite the laws of gravitational cosmology without a Ph.D!), life and cooking (french culinary technique, Top Chef all the way).

I sit around in cafes and drink espresso. I often think about shaving my dreadlocks and getting a neater look. I have a pet girlfriend that lives in my bed and I often find the time to play games.

Ironically, I get more excited over social board games (Ameritrash like Runebound and Arkham Horror, or Euro-elegance like Puerto Rico and Caylus). I love video games, but most aren't very good anymore.

I never played a Lucas Arts adventure title, having grown up sucking the teet of Sierra instead. However, I played Psychonauts and was sold. It made me want to quit doing physics and come work for Tim.

F A N T A S T I C title.

Pretty much sums me up.

Hi. I'm Maratanos. No, that's not my name, but neither will I be telling the whole world. It's not that I don't trust you guys with my name, but there are lots of people out there who really do write programs to crawl the web looking for personal information and then use it for shady purposes.

I'm not gonna say much about myself. I'm in college. That's all.

I like platforming games, adventure games, RPGs, and above all, any game with novel gameplay and a good story. You can probably find out more by googling my username, honestly.

I also enjoy books by Terry Pratchett, Orson Scott Card, and Anne McCaffrey. I also hate any and all books by: Christopher Paolini (infamous for "Eragon", and the somehow-worse sequel), and Dan Brown (infamous for his complete inability to come up with more than one plotline in all his half-dozen-or-so books (notwithstanding his tendency to insinuate the truth of falsehoods in his books)).

Hello everyone!

I'm 23.

The story of my life:

Step 1: Graduate with a degree in biology.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Work for a video game company!

Really, that's what happened.

I have played Tim Schafer's games since I was a wee little girl. Monkey Island! Day of the Tentacle! Monkey Island 2! Grim Fandango!!

And I enjoy reading Double Fine Action News. It never fails to cheer me up. :)

Greetings!

I am Lucien, a guy, 21 years old and I currently reside in the Netherlands. I like to draw, play games, watch animation stuff and read things. This is my first post ever on these spiffy looking boards and hopefully I will like it here.

There. A short, perfectly boring introduction. Back to perusing the boards! And maybe posting too!

MY name is Chris. I am 27 years old and I am the keeper of the submarine keys. I live in the middle of nowhere United States. I am an art student and I work graveyard shift at a local Days Inn; which affords me plenty of time to play on the internet.

I like Scotch, board games, Thursdays, and anything that can explode.

My favorite bands are:

Deadboy and the Elephantmen

The Lillingtons

Gorillaz

I have a passion for movies and anything that makes me laugh, which are often pretty bizarre things.

As you may have guessed, I am here because I like games. I currently own a Wii, a DS Lite, and a XBox 360, (GamerTag: Forty Watt Hero). The best games of all time are:

Psychonauts

MarioKart 64

I tend to spend most of my free time drawing and doing homework, if I am really lucky I am doing both at the same time.

Hello

I'm a virtual noise that pollutes areas mostly around London. I mean, you all here are really great and I had fun reading your introductions, so I'll come back later and make some *proper thing* here [maybe]. Meanwhile I just wanted to say "Hello" and "I'm enjoying your arty camp, psychonauts" :)

BTW, for a change I'm 34 (how it happens that virtual noise is older than internet itself? Obviously I was born in some secret military research facilities... )

:vampire:

Hello hello,

My name is Andrew and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I am 30 years of age, have one sister and no brothers and my hobbies include fishing, basketball and swimming.

Actually the fishing/basketball/swimming thing isn't all that true. I usually just sit about playing videogames and watching films. Good films mind, not trashy things featuring zombies and kung-fu and whatnot. Black and white films.

I own a PC and a DS and I'm currently playing Bioshock and Slitherlink. Both of which are pretty ace (but Slitherlink is acer).

Likes: Games that don't feature space marines, fruit, Joanna Newsom.

Dislikes: Most things.

Alo.

My name is Kyle. SHOCKING! I live in Chicago, IL. I'm 21. I'm a struggling playwright here in chicago, but that's not all!

I also write other things!

Like posts!

I'm a big fan of lolcats and all things tim schaffer.

I like to drink beers with friends and play connect 4 at bars. I also wear green glasses THAT IS ALL.

Hello

Uselesstomato here.

I am a 25 year old Digital Design graduate from the university of cincinnati, and i currently live there.

I am a flash Animator and have done three short animated cartoons of my own, one of which is a music video. I'm working on my fourth but its slow going. i also work for a company that does short animated spots for various doctors offices.

im a musician. i play guitar mainly, but i love fiddling with anything that makes noise. i'm kinda on an electronic and synth kick at the moment. i'm in a band and also record my own music in a home studio im constantly improving.

and of course, im a videogamer.

i'm not exactly sure what is i wanna do with myself, as i'd love to continue working with 2d animation, but i also would love to do something musically. doing music for games would be kind of a dream job. or heck, character design and concept games would be cool too.

I first became aware of Tim schafer when i played full throttle back in 95 and have been a fan ever since.

a few games i can think of that i love:

Suikoden II

Ico and Shadow of the collosus

Kings Quest 6

Okami

Odin's Sphere

a few bands and/or musicians i love:

Pixies

Daft Punk

Ella Fitzgerald

Tribe Called Quest

Nobuo Uematsu

a few movies i love:

Spirited Away

a Princess Bride

Seven Samurai

Tombstone

Mallrats

Hi there. I am a 21 year old guy from Southern California. Things I love include boysenberries, music, books, and my boyfriend. I'll admit I haven't played any of Mr. Schafer's fine games except Psychonauts, but I will some day. I currently work at Barnes & Noble (which is awesome), and go to school (which is not as awesome). I guess that's enough for now. *waves*

Howdy

yo soy El Senior Tuxedo, (that's spanish mate)

je m'appelle Monsieur Tuxedo (that's french mate)

I am a 17 year old, in senior year in high school in Dallas Texas

I love me some videogames. I love me some adventure sports.

Ocarina of Time on the N64 was my gateway game, when I was four, then I fell into gameboys, Age of Empires, Nintendo, and Lucasarts games. IJ & tFoA FTW!

And eventually... TO XBOX!

I'll play adventure, shooting, strategy, simulators, platformers, and RPGs, and love them all equally, while my skills with them vary.

Best games evah

1. Monkey Island series

2. Psychonauts

3. SW: KotOR

4. Chrono Triger

5. Halo Series

I enjoy movies to an amazing extent, as well as reading, and am a major fan of Terry Pratchett and Tom Clancy.

Hi, I'm Lukas and I am from Las Vegas. I took a photo of the building D-F headquarters is in when I visited the bay area recently, if I got my info correctly.

I like drawing, I'm okay at it.

I am 16 years old and a senior in high school.

I'm Gwrrrk

from canadia

i'm working on getting a business degree and i'm

attempting to be the first robot-brained human in history

I am also an able baker and am fueled by caffiene

I will feel sorrow when the robot wraiths swarm over you humans like locusts in a corn field

sorry

Hiya,

My name is Nick, and I dwell in the harbour city of Sydney, Australia... I have worked in the games industry as an art lead / director for many a year, and love it. First game published Powerslide 1999 for those whom remember back that far..,

Games- Syndicate, Fallout, Grim and Psycho, MGS series

Films- Balance, Delicatessen

Hello, i am absent ^_^ i am another obsessee of psychonauts and i have weird dreams of game splices, (Apple pop would know) and I LoVE MR. POKELOPE!!! I am probibly going to post relly stupid and insane things such as "splinter of invisability" and what-not, but i fully intent to contribute to the forum as much as i can ^_^. (i hear that someone is doing a g-man cosplay, who's doing it??) WOOOT psycho-shock

Hey, I'm Beckey. I just turned 25 (three days ago!). I live in Austin, Texas, and I draw cartoons. Um. That's it, I guess!

Howdy I'm a former San Francisconite now living in delicious, sausagey Germany. I'm an indie game developer, meaning I never go outside and do not get paid, and nobody will ever take what I do seriously, but whoeee it's fun at least.

DF completelely roxors.

I'm Juese. I'm in Buffalo, NY. I own a video company that makes movies about videogames. My self-publicity ends by pointing out the link in my signature.

I've been a fan of Tim Schafer since the Monkey Island series, but didn't really pay attention to his miraculous trail of quality until Psychonauts, in which I went back and played Grim Fandango. And thank god for that.

Hello, My name is Patrick Leonardo Perez

I currently live in Austin, TX, graduate of Texas awhile back, 31 years and counting. I currently work almost exclusively in music composition and sound design for film and advertising, but I have one game title in my background: Postal, the first one, having done freelance composition work for Running With Scissors in Tucson, AZ back in the day. I am very much interested in getting in touch with Tim, to send him some of my work, and if anyone on this board is currently sleeping with him or writing his speeches and can help me out; kudos to you my friend.

Drop me a line. I need/want to work with him. The film industry is stagnant in most studios today (mirroring the game industry anyone?)

I just need the work.

My name is Ian Atkinson and I am a student studying Computer Games Design at the University of Huddersfield in the UK.

I've been a long time fan of video games and especially characterful and funny ones (such as the earlier lucasarts games). I decided I wanted to make games for a living and here I am. I might not have many creative skills, but I keep at it until the job is done.

I would like to have my sandwhich year of work experience at Double Fine but sadly I feel that is all but a dream. I might as well give it a go though I suppose.

Hey to all you bored insomniacs!

I'm a college student and former employee of Gamestop/EB Games. I'm also female.

Yes, I'm sure that's mindblowing to you. Moving on.

Right now, I'm looking to blow off some steam from work and school before joining the police academy, and this looks like good place to be. Especially since I'm apparently strange and this place is full of strange people. In a good way, of course.

I'm Lee, and at present I'm an amateur video game reviewer. No, no, I don't do text clicky clacky reviews. They're video reviews. Although most of my reviews from the test season are crude and have little effort put into them, some of them are closer to what the real show will be, due out in January or late December.

You better believe that I will be reviewing Psychonauts, but ONLY when I have enough subscribers. 1300 is not enough. I want this game to sell. SELL SELL SELL. It was easily the best game of the last generation.

I have a lot of Psychonauts memorabilia, but I assume everyone else does as well. I have

* XBOX version

* PS2 version autographed by Tim Schafer and personalized by Richard Horvitz

* PC version

* Limited edition poster

* Autographed official game poster

* Official soundtrack autographed by Peter McConnell

* The Original Cinematic Score (preordered this one.. and LATER they offered a autographed one! BASTARDS!)

* Tannish-colored XL Raz shirt

* Tye-Dye L Raz shirt

* Play Magazine with Psychonauts cover and lengthy article

I know, the version I got autorgraphed was the WORST ONE due to poor framerates and other quirks, but at the time, I only had the PS2 version because the ever-so-reliable XBOX broke down on me and the 360 didn't play Psychonauts back then.

I'm still trying to get more items, such as early builds of the XBOX version, decks of cards, and a poster that Majesco gave to companies that was like 4 FEET by 7 FEET. Someone posted that image and offered to go get it for me, and then he renegged. What an ass! Even Double Fine told me that they didn't know it EXISTED, and was actually kind enough to call Majesco and get the information from them. If someone can find that poster, you would receive many treats.

Psychonauts needs video reviews ramming it down people's throats to BUY THIS GAME. Thankfully, Zero Punctuation acomplished that, but I felt he did it a little too soon as he has a much higher viewership now. I'll wait until I either hit 10000 youtube subscribers or manage to somehow get an exclusive contract with a popular video game site (of which I prefer. I hate youtube and there total lack of respect for Fair Use laws)

I'm 15 years old, I live in CT (US). I liked Psychonauts but I'm honestly more intruiged by Brutal Legend. My hobbies are Diving, basketball (go Knicks), video games, and metal. My favourite games of all time are:

Gears of War

Morrowind

Halo

Psychonauts

Serious Sam II

Another CT'er who loves the game. Nice. There used to be 1 or 2 more of us over at Razputin's Domain before it's collapse, but they all vanished.

(Wait, that's not off topic, right?)

I'm 15 years old, I live in CT (US). I liked Psychonauts but I'm honestly more intruiged by Brutal Legend. My hobbies are Diving, basketball (go Knicks), video games, and metal. My favourite games of all time are:

Gears of War

Morrowind

Halo

Psychonauts

Serious Sam II

OMIGOD OMIGOD SERIOUS SAM II! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

There should be a favorite videogames thread as well.

(Going off topic don't kill me) I've heard mixed things about the Serious Sam games. Are they both good Dav or just the second one?