Double Fine Action Forums

You can't really judge SS games on the usual gaming scale. It's essentially just a costant onslaught of monsters and the like at blinding speed. I recall just playing SS: gold edition and Postal 2 for hours on end at work; happy days.

Yo. I'm Griff, or Sigmund, if you prefer, and hail from San Diego, California. I am a junior in high school, and am interested in becoming a writer for the Games industry, in due time. I hope to attend college in Northern California, Colorado, or New England, and may also pursue a career in architecture. I can draw fairly well, but have trouble with depth.

I am immensely critical of the current gaming industry, and have trouble enjoying games unless they pack a psychological and emotional depth befitting a Classic Movie or Book. My favorite games include: Psychonauts, Super Mario World, Grim Fandango, and EarthBound. Brutal Legend is the single most awesome creation ever visited upon mankind, save perhaps Dark Side Of The Moon.

Speaking of which, my musical tastes are ravenous, and I enjoy everything from Beethoven to Miles Davis to Jethro Tull. It is enjoyable to discover New Genres of music, for the most part, and thanks to Tim I am now just discovering metal. Thank the powers that be for Pandora.com!

Literature-wise, I lean more towards classic-style writing, such as Tolkien, Mervyn Peake, Lovecraft, and James Joyce . However, I have consumed many of the works of Kurt Vonnegut, as well as Douglas Adams, and found them to be most refreshing.

As for film, there are only an elite set that truly moved me, including Reservoir Dogs, A Clockwork Orange, Casablanca, and of course, The Big Lebowski.

Hello my name is Random Frequent Flyer Dent.

Okay it's actually Yoshi, I'm 18 and live in Marin County, California and am horrid at introductions. I'm a very random geeky person. I love books, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Frank Herbert, Douglas Adams, Mervyn Peake, Jane Austen, Charolette Bronte, the usual, I also love some comics, Sandman, Lucifer and Fables mainly. I'm an artist, I sew, paint, draw, make jewelry, and any other thing that strikes my fancy. I'm an Anglophile, especially with TV. I find religion and mythology fascinating but am a staunch Nagnostic ( a title invented by a friend meaning a negative Agnostic it's a hair away from Atheist) so it's also all very silly to me. I'm a big fan of music, HIM, Mika, AFI, Oingo Boingo, Blaqk Audio, The Tiger Army, Iris, Wolfshiem, David Byrne... to name a few, very few. I suppose I am a gamer... in the sense that I play and love video games, I'd say I'm just short of avid though. I have so many favourite movies and mini series that I forget some when I try to list them off, Brazil is generally at the top of my list with The 10th Kingdom, but honestly the list goes on for days.

I feel at home in museums and love a good cup of tea.

Hello peeps!! I be Stefano Ronchi, of Italian production but living in the Frigid Albion for a while now (too long!).

I recently graduated from uni on a games-based course, and my dream is to eventually become a Game Designer/scriptwriter; why not, possibly even have my own lille company one day!

I love games: i LOVE THEM!! In a most platonic way, of course (come here, you naughty PS2...)! I know its going to sound like a load of PR, but you know when you know youve found that thing to unlock your full potential, your true calling? Well games are that for me, YEA BABY (was going to be a paleonthologist once: how things change!)!

Out of them, id say RPGs are my favourite, but i keep a broad spectrum: love books too, sticking with sci-fi and fantasy in that field though, and im currently a Dungeons & Dragons Master (FEAR ME!!). I am greatly peculiar: if one were to look into my mind, they would be driven to death by insanity (its probably got to do with de-stabilising the brains anti-matter production, beats me). Im like Marmite: you either hate me, or love me. Or, in some rare cases, you do both, sadomaso style!

So full-time clerical atm, and looking for job in the industry at same time: wish me luck! And while i was searching, came across Double Fine, got reminded of that great Psychonauts and all the illustrious Tim-games, and how could i not join this forum? GO TRUE GAMING!!

Welcome Reaper, your post has my brain swelling with intense pressure as I read your post with an enthusiasm that I for some reason afforded it. If I had been smart I would have read it with a mediocre drawl rather then that of a crack infused jack rabbit with intermediate language skills. Anyway welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome Book (just saw it now-it scared me :-P), and thanks Mayhem for the generic welcome! And in true spirit of welcomness: welcome one and all!! Dont be anonymous backgrounders, because no-one sees the background, although its doing the important job of keeping the whole picture together, so you are quite important, but thats besides the point: make all your dreams come true, and be active, join in the maelstorm that be these forums, and LET OUR MINDS BECOME ONE!!

All hail to everyone, HAIL TO ALL!!

Another CT'er who loves the game. Nice. There used to be 1 or 2 more of us over at Razputin's Domain before it's collapse, but they all vanished.

(Wait, that's not off topic, right?)

Cool, CT seems like a very bland place sometimes.

And serious Sam was fun becasue if you put the autoaim on, you could literally, hold shoot, press forward on the joystick and walk away from you're xbox and you could do just as well as if you were trying. When you're watching the screen it's like fireworks because there's so much huge stuff. I love it! (Didn't mean to highjack the thread like that).

Hiya!

I'm 14 years old and i live in Sweden.

My favorite games are guitar hero 2 and (of course) psychonauts.

I have one sister, she's 18 years old. We argue a lot, but i guess that's what siblings do...?

My interests are playing guitar, drawing and video games ;)

I have also traveled a great deal of my life, my dad's got a job which requires him to travel, so sometimes we tag along with him.

I'm kinda new to the forums so, Hello to everyone!

Welcome Captain Quack, to HELL!!! No I am kidding, its actually quite peaceable here. We are entirely devoid of jock-like jocks here so we can bask in any form of nerdishness without ridicule. Also, as my agency has black balled me I am now offering my services as a freelance spy. If you got some sort of villain you need taken down, or just need to get your kid to the soccer game on time. Email me at scarecrow@thisisafakeemail.net and we'll discuss rates.

Welcome all! It's neat to see the international impact this game has/had.

Not to de-rail the thread, but I got Serious Sam 2 today on a whim. It's...different. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of it. It is kinda funny though.

Hi my name is s11jande. I started the ideas for psychonauts 2 thread and im getting good ideas.

Anyway Im a 15 year old type 1 diabetic and started playing phychonauts on GameTap(by the way i like anything that is free) :-) Thats about it for me

Welcome freeloader! This is a safe heaven for the slackers, unemployed and couch potatoes of the world. As well as Double Fine fans the world over.

And for those of us special enough to fall under every bracket.

Welcome to the boards; I too have Type 1, so we share something in common at an early stage. ;P High five!

I'm trying to get my hands on another copy of P-nauts for the PS2 so I can force some fellow co-workers to love it. But I already have a copy. I just don't want to open it and ruin it's perfect-ness. Should I spring another 15 bucks for P-nauts so that others may know it's beauty? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yea, I decided to pass. I love me some P-nauts and try to tell as many people as I can about it. I just don't want to be too pushy. If I can find it for uber cheap again maybe I'll spring for it. But I 'd rather spend the money on a new copy Brutual Legend. Thus supporting DoubleFine in all it's glory.

Hi there...I'm new...I'm Dennis...I love every game Tim Schafer has been involved with. I have aspirations of someday becoming a voice-over actor for videogames. Give me a job, Tim.

NEWBIES SHALT NOT ADDRESS TIM BY HIS FIRST NAME! No just kidding. Welcome Dennis, I'm Bookdust, or Scarecrow, depending on my mood. I see from that you're already quite comfortable with posting like a maniac. This is good, because to survive here you'll need that kind of courage, as well as wit that would make a late night show host sweat.

It's always nice to find a good forum with some interesting folk to post with. Plus, you have to be a little off to really enjoy The Tim's games...

Yes, well we have a nice little cast here. There's solid the Ninja, Tikara the Mew, Bookdust/Scarecrow/Me the spy and an assortment of other wacky people who don't know what they are.

Wacky like a starved lion set loose in the Special Ed. class...

Didn't see this thread. Well that's not a good thing. My unintentional thread hi-jacking is now irrelevent. For more news on this subject, head to the most current 'Wii' thread to wittness my self-fufillment shatter before your very eyes. Otherwise, one should stay reading the remainder of this post only to learn little to something. However in the case we have here, our something is equavilant to nothing, therefore leaving this affliction without reason.

Now if I could only figure what 'affliction' really meant. Hm...

You know, you could just click the edit button on your other post, cut-paste your introduction into this post ^, and we'll all forget this little incident ever happened. ;-P

I'm posting via Wii, unfortunately (rhyme not intended), therefore I lack the beauty of cut and paste. So sorry. Truth is, my computer is currently er... how you say, lacking the ability to turn on. However once it is available again, no further mistakes shall be made.

(Edit)

Actually, I couldn't handle having my ignorance floating around, so by using my father's computer for a few minutes, I'll fix this mess.

Right.

I’m Shadoshi. Ace ranter. On other forums, I’m known for my varied use of critique on video games, music, and movies. While not famous, I aim to be one day, but not for my rants. I’m a huge progressive rock fanatic and overall fan of things 70s styled. I was first introduced and became interested in Tim Schafer’s games when I saw the Double Fine episode on Icons and rented Psychonauts. Fell in love instantly with the game’s sheer brilliance, and am now finally on my way to completing it via Xbox 360. Anyway, apologies for “hi-jacking” your thread, so to speak, and in-turn introducing myself as a new member within it. Please, do carry on.

There, much better.

@Miriku: I am a huge Earthbound/Mother series fanatic, in case you wanted expand your knowledge on interests we seemingly share.

well like I said in the other topic

My name is Caleb Smith, I am a 14 year old bed room programmer currently in using c++ and sdl to make something “Special”. If I’m not programming then I am usually doing school working or play old games (you know, the classics smile doom, quake, DOT, Full throttle, etc).

So hi, it's nice to be on the forums :)

well like I said in the other topic
My name is Caleb Smith, I am a 14 year old bed room programmer currently in using c++ and sdl to make something “Special”. If I’m not programming then I am usually doing school working or play old games (you know, the classics smile doom, quake, DOT, Full throttle, etc).

So hi, it's nice to be on the forums :)

Welcome to the board's once more. ;-)

Yes, well we have a nice little cast here. There's solid the Ninja, Tikara the Mew, Bookdust/Scarecrow/Me the spy and an assortment of other wacky people who don't know what they are.

Oh, you mention her, but not ME? I'm the one that badgered and berated her for months to get Psychonauts, and I'm the one who got her to join this forum. *indignant*

Oh, hey, wanna know something funny? I never introduced myself here. I could've sworn I did...

*ahem*

I'm Cee. Otherwise known as C, Ceeface, Beans, CK, or Shadoe 28. I've got at least eighteen other aliases, but that'd be cumbersome. Don't call me "Shadoe", because that's a completely different entity from myself. And that's all you need to know about me. I've been here long enough for you guys to know me well enough. I'm not a very complex individual. I draw, I write, I read, and I think.