Double Fine Action Forums

This isn't looking good. Just plain starting an argument before my second post! Hopefully it'll all be uphill from here.

Apologies for my absence, by the way. I had one of those hour-long naps that become five-hour sleeping sessions. And apologies in advance for the lack of quotes! And apologies for me being such a weirdo, also in advance.

First of all, about the "unique" thing: I'm not that stuck up, I was just being sarcastic and silly. Seniormeld, I'm still laughing at the second yacht thing.

Scarecrow, it's cool. It's hard to decide inflection on the internet, and even harder to properly get across a Thurston Howell (or Cave Guy) kind of voice. "Of course, I subscribed to the New Yorker!"

Secondly, Leroy, it is based on Snake from Escape From New York. I guess I omitted an S to be more original?

Thirdly, thanks for the responses, at least! It's good to be welcomed as opposed to basically thrown under the bus because I'm not female.

Lastly, really, alternate me? You chose the cat avatar? I expected better of you, me.

Guys? Where's the bus, guys? Where'd you all go? Guys?

... Guys?

Well now that the Escape from New York issue is settled, I just need to know if you're also a Metal Gear fan.

I would be, if I hadn't got all the RECESSIVE GENES

Haha, seriously though, I am indeed! I've played every entry save Portable Ops and the AC!D games. 3's my personal favorite so far.

Have you ever watched Big Trouble in Little China?

I have. Good movie... It's been a long time though. I should watch it again.

Also glad to see you weren't scared off by my jerk coming out and that you were indeed being sarcastic, so welcome!

I love it. Kurt Russell's great as Jack Burton, and so is James Hong as Lo Pan.

No, it's cool! I'd be pissed off if a guy really acted like that, too.

Guys? Where's the bus, guys? Where'd you all go? Guys?

... Guys?

Well now that the Escape from New York issue is settled, I just need to know if you're also a Metal Gear fan.

I would be, if I hadn't got all the RECESSIVE GENES

Haha, seriously though, I am indeed! I've played every entry save Portable Ops and the AC!D games. 3's my personal favorite so far.

Have you ever watched Big Trouble in Little China?

Please never leave. We can be best friends.

http://h9.abload.de/img/1321428ktlueejnh7ze0.gif

I STILL have to rewatch it. It's been so long and so recently defiled, it really deserves another look.

Please never leave. We can be best friends.

http://h9.abload.de/img/1321428ktlueejnh7ze0.gif

Dang, and you know Two Best Friends Play! You're so right, and we should be!

I don't have a good thumbs up gif, but this might work instead!:

redirect_zpsd7ce707f.gif

Another Two Best Friends Play fan here. They're my favorite LP'ers other than the Game Grumps.

-sigh- Really, I DO need to find a bigger version.

Another Two Best Friends Play fan here. They're my favorite LP'ers other than the Game Grumps.

Ha, likewise! Probably my favorite besides those two are the Freelance Astronauts.

I just remembered that I haven't watched their new Chrono Trigger ep yet. Got to go!

Oh, shit, they already updated?

Me, too!

-sigh- Really, I DO need to find a bigger version.

Ha, likewise! Probably my favorite besides those two are the Freelance Astronauts.

I've only seen part of their LP of one of the N64 Zelda games, but I liked it.

My connection is kind of slow at my dorm, so I'm going to save the TBFP Chrono videos for Spring or Summer Break.

ACTION! There's always a need for it! So I will take action and post for the very first time!

Hello! I'm That_Guy42 and I'm a Psychonut. That's a Psychonauts fanatic for short. Coincidentally I am also a Double Fine fan because Double Fine stands for the everything gaming is supposed to be for: integrity, fan service, awesome sandwiches, rock and roll, and good times.

So I'll just be hanging around keeping tabs on y'all for news and awesomeness!

Have a good one!

You sound promising! Nice to meet you. I'm Kirby, and I'm always happy to chat about Psychonauts and most other things. The other forum members are friendly, too! Right, guys? *stares everyone else down*

Do you guys remember that guy That_Guy42? Haven't seen him around much lately. And I never got to say hello.

I'm 32 years old. I'm married with a linguist and have two kids. I'm Norwegian. I'm a programmer (not the cool kind like Oliver). I love all kinds of food with bacon and cheese and many other sorts as well.

I love playing football (soccer to USians) but I'm not sure if I really enjoy watching it. I have a team that I love (Rosenborg BK), but other than that I only ever watch matches if it's the World Cup or European Cup.

I'm a big fan of classic comics like Asterix, Viggo, Donald Duck (Carl Barks and Don Rosa) and more recent comics like Sandman. My favourite movie might be Nights of Cabiria, but it's so heartbreaking that I have a hard time watching it. I love Futurama. Same with Jurrasic Bark actually (re: Cabiria). Big fan of the Matrix (only original)/cheese doodles combo. Blues Brothers and Who's Harry Crumb are probably the movies I've seen the most times.

Usually I hang out at the Telltale Games forums, but Telltale Games stopped being cool a while back. I like it here. It really sucks that there's no "go to first unread post in thread" button here though. I have to read all posts in threads I follow, and that makes it really hard and/or time consuming.

I've been playing video games on Commodore 64, NES, SNES, various types of Amigas, PC, DS Lite and 3DS. I think Psychonauts is the greatest game ever. I'm also a big fan of the adventure game classics. I've played Patrician on the Amiga more than any game ever. I compiled lists of average prices on wares across the Hanseatic cities on my mom's old IBM in my early teens. The Games I'm currently looking the most forward to playing: Psychonauts 2, Broken Age, The Dream Machine Chapter 4, The Journey Down Chapter 2.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! If you need anything of me (like nachos) I frequent the Gearbox forums for Borderlands mostly, so you can find me there.

Mind if I call you TG42 to avoid confusion with That Guy?

Sure!

@flesk: Dunno if we can be friends... Do you hate Gnarles or just that song? O_o

*Back to lurk mode alpha*