Double Fine Action Forums

Also I play trumpet too, not enough people in the world play trumpet.

Two trumpets and a horn - we're close to a brass quintet! I can take either the tuba or the trombone.

I play trombone,I want to be part of a quintet!

The Double Fine Action Five. Soon to debut with a new single, "Fanfare of the Forumites".

Hello, I'm Nemo. I do some hefty reading, casual gaming and study bio-chemistry.

My experience with forums, and web-social-life in general, is not very broad, but I have been a fan of Double Fine's work during a large portion of my adolescent life.

My gaming résumé includes my old-fashioned DS and a laptop on which I've spent more time than I care to admit. I took advantage of the recent 'Humble Double Fine Bundle' and acquired 'backer access' for Broken Age, which led me here.

Pleased to meet you all!

Hello and welcome to the forums Nemo.

Thanks!

NemoSushi.jpg

:3

Oh dear, they killed my identically named twin?

Good to see you, Nemo. Anyone who is a Balto fan is always a plus for me-- that was one of my favorite non-Disney animated films growing up.

Two trumpets and a horn - we're close to a brass quintet! I can take either the tuba or the trombone.
I play trombone,I want to be part of a quintet!

The tuba part is mine, then.

The Double Fine Action Five. Soon to debut with a new single, "Fanfare of the Forumites".

:) Too bad we're in different parts of the world, but if we all have recording equipment (I have - what about the rest of you?), I'm up for recording that tune.

Edit: I've created a spin-off topic for discussing the subject.

Yeah, welcome Nemo. I see you've got good taste.
Welcome Nemo to the forums.
Good to see you, Nemo. Anyone who is a Balto fan is always a plus for me-- that was one of my favorite non-Disney animated films growing up.

Thanks everyone! Psychonauts is indeed among the greatest games of all time, and Balto was by far my favorite movie series growing up.

Any Doctor Who enthusiasts around?

no i swear to god wornoldhat is not me. probably. i did like to call myself hat when i went by my old name. so "old hat" would be an appropriate name for an alt. hmm.

Paying $35 to make an alt with that "Broken Age Backer" label would be a funny forum prank though.

lol. leroy i think you can rest assured that i am way too cheap to spend $35 on a joke.

wornoldhat, please stick around. i need someone who can understand my tim hortons and don cherry references. please.

Sadly, I am my own person. Sorry to ruin what would have been a fun prank for you all.

And I need SOMEONE to help make fun of the Yanquis here. And talk about our sweet parties that involve going to gay weddings in marijuana fields while getting a free checkup from the doctor.

Oh, I get it. The image says "Please go to funnyjunk to view this image", but the joke is that I can already see the image here, so there's no need to go there. Pretty clever.

syyiSvh.jpg

let this be your first lesson in the way of the internet, wornoldhat. do not link directly to sites like funnyjunk, because they like to screw around with hotlinked images in the hopes that you'll go to their website and look at their advertisements.

if you are interested in lesson 2 please stick around for a month or send a cheque for $20 to hot c/o starbucks, deadmonton, ab h0h 0h0

Hi, my name is Lamakian and I'm a CG student from France.

I'm not a big fan of forums but since I had to register in order to follow the Broken Age development, here I am !

Like most of the people around here, I love Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Psychonauts, Full Throttle, etc.

And of course, I can't wait to get my hands on Broken Age.

Pleased to meet you all.

Hello.

I am Domus, a traveler coming from lands far East - Easter Europe :o. I left my lands to pursue knowledge in the British Isles. One day I hope to ride a bear.

Oh, and I liek games. Both computer and board games.

I came to register here mostly because

http://puu.sh/38wW8.png

If I wasn't poor I would totally make that pledge. But I am.

Time to eat my potato dinner now. Because I am poor. I hope someday I can cake. And play board games with famous people like the ones mentioned there.

Hey, man. Nothing wrong with being poor or eating potato dinners. Both are things I do regularly and the latter one is pretty rad. (Seriously, potatoes are god damn delicious!) Welcome to the forums, my fellow potato eating poor person!

Hey, man. Nothing wrong with being poor or eating potato dinners. Both are things I do regularly and the latter one is pretty rad. (Seriously, potatoes are god damn delicious!) Welcome to the forums, my fellow potato eating poor person!

Potatoes are great, I know. As a matter of fact, when I came to England and people started asking me about my national cuisine (which would be Lithuanian) I realised, that 90% of the dishes are made from potatoes. And they're damn awesome.

I'm somewhat of a Whovian.

Welcome worn, Lamakian, and Wise to the forums! Thirding the love of potatoes. I guess you could say they're part of my culture as well.

I guess I'm the only one here that doesn't like potatoes. Except some potato gratins, they're pretty good and french fries are sometimes very good as well as chips. I don't like potatoes that have just been boiled though, unless they are cooled down and reheated later. Then they are actually not bad. Maybe potatoes aren't so terrible after all.

Uhm, welcome to the forums Domus.

Hey there,

I'm Chyron8472 (KI-rhon).

I've been a hugely active forumite over at the Telltale Games forums ever since Tales of Monkey Island came out. As Monkey Island is one of my favorite game franchises of all time (if you don't agree, you're a weirdo), it follows that I would hang out at Double Fine because of Tim Schafer.

So... umm... I love Star Trek, the original Original Star Wars Trilogy (google "Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized"), Zelda, Monkey Island, King's Quest...

and I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Hmmm .. I was kinda wondering were this thread was ... so nice I manage to find it ( yeha I know , talking heads with an eyes necklace are kinda hard to find these days.)

Anyway , my name is Leandro , I am from Argentina , I am a college student in Physics and recently Computer Science also. I have been playing adventure games since 1988 .. yup .. those old monochrome monitors and Hercules resolution days. So its not surprise i am a big fan of Ron Gilbert , Tim Schaffer , Steve Purcell , Dave Grossman and Aric Wilmunder work.

So , its a big Hi ! to everyone ...

P.S. : Yeahh I know I do pester some good DF guys on Twitter ... forgive me !

Hi, Chyron. Glad to see you here. And welcome Leandro. I think you'll both like it here. The forum engine is a bit lacking, but there's a lot of nice people here.

Oh right. You used to be on Telltale's forum. Do you know chyron? Give us the gossip. He's secretly a jerk, right? :P