Double Fine Action Forums

I know that he likes to make his wife watch him play games. And possibly other stuff. 8O

Hey Flesk.

Yeah, I know Flesk from the TTG forums. And it's true that my wife does watch me play games. I don't /make/ her watch me; she just gets in on the story. What that means is that I have a bunch of RPGs, and have played Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and Tales of Symphonia/The Abyss multiple times.

My favorite games are actually Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Curse of Monkey Island is in my top 5, but I've played that game so many times that I really don't feel the same itch to replay it like I used to.

My wife does play games, but she usually limits herself to Runescape (Java-based MMORPG) and word games like TextTwist or Jumbline 2.

Welcome, Mad Pirate!

Hey, Chyron! I'm on the TTG forums too. I don't post much, though. I should do that more often.

Hi all, I mostly hang out on the MASSIVE CHALICE forum, but I wanted to say hello here, since you all seem like super nice people. So... hello! Hi! This isn't awkward at all! :)

Also I play trumpet too, not enough people in the world play trumpet.

Two trumpets and a horn - we're close to a brass quintet! I can take either the tuba or the trombone.

I'm a trumpet player too! My trumpet happens to be a few thousand kilometers away, so I haven't actually played it in quite a while, but I still have a couple mouthpieces lying around for buzzing. If we need more diversity for the DFAF quintet, I briefly played french horn (for half a term in high school) and I made some flatulent sounds with a tuba once.

I also program computers sometimes.

@Chyron: I've only ever played one Zelda game and it was on the CDi. It didn't leave a particularly good first impression with the franchise, but I know it's not fair to judge by that as most of the games on the CDi were shit. I've been thinking of picking up some of the games for DS/3DS as they are very cheap for such high production value games. I mostly see them for about half of what a Mario/Layton game costs.

I've played a lot of co-op platformers with my wife on the Wii, but she's not so interested in watching me play stuff. She's a big fan of Commander Keen and Oddworld, but other than that she mostly play games I think are pretty boring, like Icy Towers and word games on Android.

@medacris: Yeah, I've seen both you and Mad Pirate on the TTG forums. I won't speak for Chyron, but part of the reason I started being more active here is that the TTG forums seems sort of like a sinking ship at the moment. TTG has angered a lot of their regulars with their inability to communicate with their customers over the last few years and the new forum beta they launched a while back was less than promising. The only real reason I still hang out there is because of the forum regulars.

@majugi: You seem like nice people too. I've read several of your posts in various threads, and you seem to have your head screwed on the right way. Glad to see you down here in off topic.

Geez, flesk, that's a horrible first impression to have of Zelda. The CDi titles are notoriously terrible and weren't even made by Nintendo. Phillips got the rights to make games with Nintendo properties after a failed team up for a disc drive add on for the SNES. They then used it to make a bunch of garbage. I would recommend you try the 3DS or N64 versions of Ocarina of Time or get Link to the Past on the SNES or GBA. Those are considered the best in the series. My personal favorite is Wind Waker. And yes, I am psyched about the HD remake.

Is there really a French part of Canada or is it just an elaborate hoax to make Canada seem more exotic to lure in tourists? I have a friend who studied in Canada and he never said anything about seeing any French Canadians there.

Is there really a French part of Canada or is it just an elaborate hoax to make Canada seem more exotic to lure in tourists? I have a friend who studied in Canada and he never said anything about seeing any French Canadians there.

I'm not Canadian, but I do know that Quebec is where pretty much all the French Canadians are. Did your friend go to British Columbia?

That's what they'll have you believe, but I for one seriously doubt Quebec is even inhabited. My friend studied in New Brunswick.

Hello and welcome eljer, Chyron, medacris, majugi to the forums.

Maybe it's the only English phrase he knows? I'm also starting to run out.

Hello, my name is MoonyGekko/. I -like most of the newer people joining now- was attracted here by Massive Chalice...

I've been using all different kind of forums for awhile now, almost five years, so I'm used to the rules and flow of them. I won't be another noob problem.

I like to sprite n' stuff. I got into it because I started making expansion characters for a game called Super Smash Flash 2 and kinda picked it up as a hobby. I stopped after a few years, but I'll do it occasionally if someone asks.

I really don't know what to say, I was never too good at arrival topics...

Well.... I'm glad to be here and hope I can be a useful member of the community.

ok, i'll answer first. i would probably say pickle relish. i actually don't eat it that often, but if i had to pick one condiment to stand by that would be it. you've got the sweetness of ketchup combined with the tanginess of pickles and a nice chunky texture for extra sensation. it is a triple assault of flavour.

i have a feelin'

i ain't ever gonna know

if Moony likes mustard in his mouth

or salsa

or sauerkraut

such doubt

i have a feelin'

i ain't ever gonna know

~ a poem by hot ~

That was beautiful, and I pick hot sauce.

i have a feelin'

i ain't ever gonna know

if Moony likes mustard in his mouth

or salsa

or sauerkraut

such doubt

i have a feelin'

i ain't ever gonna know

~ a poem by hot ~

That was beautiful, and I pick hot sauce.

excellent choice. my sauce is delicious.

mr8Bp5Gs.png