Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Domderon

The Cave for Android freezes on Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi there!

I bought The Cave yesterday from Google Play Store for my Samsung Galaxy S3. After the lengthy download I've extensively tried to get it running, to no avail. It freezing on a black screen, with the text "Loading" in the top right corner. No interaction possible whatsoever, except for going back into Android with the home key. If I wait for the standby mode of the phone to kick in, the whole phone freezes and I have to hard-reboot it by taking out the battery.

Any thoughts how to get it running? Or to get a refund now that the 15-minute refund-timer has expired? I'd also be happy in helping with any debugging attempts. I've got an Android dev environment on my Linux machine.

Cheers,

Dominik

Hmm. I'm able to start it with my S3. However, the game constantly freezes up when I'm on the island (or rather when I get close to the balloon inside the island).

I am having the same issue. I was able to make it all the way to the Island without any crashes, but now there is a certain spot on the island where it locks up every time. The screen freezes but the game is still running, because i can run left and right with the Time Traveler and I can hear her moving sounds.

I am running on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Please let me know if there is more information i can provide.

In my case I reinstalled and now I get to the character selection screen. The problem is the audio. It stutters and I cannot move a character until the dialogue stops.

But it is not possible to play the game.

I hope you fix this soon.

I found that if I wait about 30 seconds the game will unfreeze and I can go onto the Ballon. @Aser I hope this works for you too.

Thanks. I completed the game on my clmputer instead. The latest patch seem to fix this issue and I think overall the game feels a bit more responsive (less taxing).

Hello, I had the same frezzes in the Island level.

I think that the loading of the lava fire effect is the cause.

After waiting 30 seconds, the level is playable again.

Note, if you save at this point, the loading opération will also be long.

Sign in to follow this