Sign in to follow this  
taumel

Musik et cetera

Hey, I want to post in this thread too!

This is what I've been listening to. It isn't German, but darn, it's catchy...

Our Strat surfed down the stairs one floor. Dunno how, maybe due to pure luck/ignorance against the laws of physics/badass surfer attitude almost nothing (only the mechanic of the high e string needed to be replaced) happened to her, sounds as awesome as before, insane, love her, she's experienced now.

Every so often (pretty often) I rediscover something or someone that I haven't listened to in a while and appreciate it all over again and in really different ways. Right now I'm in the middle of getting back into Björk and I know she's popular but I also think there are a lot of people who kind of know who she is that would like her a lot if they gave her a chance. From here to the end of time everytime I meet someone that really like Björk I'm just going to give them a high-5.

This album and Homogenic are ________:

efdPHHlLTgI

:high five: I really like Bjork!

Lately I've been playing the new St. Vinent and Neneh Cherry a hell of a lot. Both are just excellent.

[Returns high five]

epic_high_five_by_josefinjonsson.jpg

I started doing (in person not on the internet) this thing where whenever someone is obnoxiously declaring Kanye West the genius voice of our generation I start arguing that Björk is better. It works well because there are enough things to say (she's a multi-instrumentalist, more prolific, her lyrics are good and her production techniques were actually new when she started incorporating them in with her music) but mostly because the people who go around objectively declaring how great Kanye West is tend to not be familiar with Björk. People who are tend to be amused by the idea, because it sounds random at first but the comparison kind of makes sense.

Outspoken Kanye West fans are up there with "stuffing gold in your mattress is the best investment strategy" republicans on the list of oddly-specific types of people that I don't like listening to.

That is the greatest high five ever! I'm actually a big fan of Kanye myself, I don't know about voice of our generation (a term I've always found silly) but I do think he's brilliant.

I can't really say anything bad about Kanye's music, just that a lot of his fans. From my experience the worst are people who listen almost exclusively to rap and then become pseudo-intellectuals later in life and argue that he's the greatest by repeating opinions that you know they didn't come up with or have a broad enough understanding of music in general to say he's the best. They're kind of like Tool fans just less condescending (and I'm a huge Tool fan).

Anyways I don't really want to type-cast anymore because the majority of his fans are probably really nice but a lot of them also like to make bold declarations and argue with you relentlessly if you dare disagree.

The video of the Pirate Bay Bundle has a catchy tune.

I swear this thread has been on two pages for as long as I can remember, even though there always seems to be a new post in it.

(btw. you could watch Rushmore and some of Anderson's other films)