Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Marsden

Merry Christmas, One and All!

and a really nice copy of Walden which I only had a paperback of until now despite it being my favorite book

pics or link to this? Been trying to find a nice display piece of this one actually.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=thoreau&bi=h&kn=illustrated+princeton&tn=walden

I'm not sure if the first hit is the same thing, but it's got nice photography of Walden Pond, not hand-done illustrations. Not the showiest edition I'm sure but I like seeing photography of it more than I thought I would. It still leaves a lot to the imagination and doesn't tread on my mental image like I thought it would. I've been struggling with visiting the place for that reason, from what I gather there's been a lot of development done since Thoreau, and even more since this was published.

and a really nice copy of Walden which I only had a paperback of until now despite it being my favorite book

pics or link to this? Been trying to find a nice display piece of this one actually.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=thoreau&bi=h&kn=illustrated+princeton&tn=walden

I'm not sure if the first hit is the same thing, but it's got nice photography of Walden Pond, not hand-done illustrations. Not the showiest edition I'm sure but I like seeing photography of it more than I thought I would. It still leaves a lot to the imagination and doesn't tread on my mental image like I thought it would. I've been struggling with visiting the place for that reason, from what I gather there's been a lot of development done since Thoreau, and even more since this was published.

I don't doubt that, which kinda sucks considering what that book is about. What'd really be cool is having a picture/illustration of winged cat in the book.

What'd everyone get for Christmas?
All I got was two mugs that were made by my nephew, pajama and a blue tooth sound bar from my parents and I won a starbucks mug set in a white eliphent game at my aunts. So it was a pretty good year.

Sign in to follow this