Nasubionna

My Fan Art - By Nasubionna

Howdy, Double-Finers! New to the forums (became a Slacker-Backer) and figured I would post my fan art. I draw a small amount of DF fan art, heavy on the Sasha & Milla, but other stuff, too. :B

I guess I'll just post a few drawings here from time to time, to avoid just posting a boatload of them all at once.

Hope you enjoy!

Here's one I finished a little while ago, that I am particularly pleased with, and where my avatar image comes from. A parody of Botticelli's "Birth of Venus", I'm calling it "Birth of a Psychonaut".

Also, hopefully I posted this/attached the image correctly… :B

BirthOfAPsychonaut.jpg

Edited by Nasubionna

More artwork. This one is really old, I actually drew it relatively soon after Psychonauts first came out.

three_psychonauts_by_nasubionna-d101ik1.jpg

Edited by Nasubionna

And now for a change of pace, some art from "The Cave".

thecavetwinscolored_by_nasubionna-d5vg45i.jpg

Edited by Nasubionna

Oh wow The Twins art you just posted is incredible! It looks like the cover to a Brothers Grimm fairy tale book...

OK, back in action!  Here's some Brutal Legend.  I LOVE the character designs in this game SO MUCH.  Actually, I love everything about this game so much!!!  :riggs:

warfather_and_battle_nun_color_by_nasubionna.jpg

That Brütal Legend art looks so amazing. Are you gonna post here all your more recent Psychonauts pieces? 'Cause they're awesome! I think the movie première one and the ones you made from cut-out patterned paper are my faves.

Also, the new avatars are 150x150 instead of 100x100, so you can swap yours out for this one:

BirthOfAPsychonaut.jpg.efef79b2d60eb2d9566cecdbe3f88c7d.jpg

4 hours ago, EMarley said:

That Brütal Legend art looks so amazing. Are you gonna post here all your more recent Psychonauts pieces? 'Cause they're awesome! I think the movie première one and the ones you made from cut-out patterned paper are my faves.

Also, the new avatars are 150x150 instead of 100x100, so you can swap yours out for this one:

BirthOfAPsychonaut.jpg.efef79b2d60eb2d9566cecdbe3f88c7d.jpg

Hey, thanks so much, both for the kind words and the new avatar!  I was wondering why mine was looking so blurry, hehe... yes, I do plan on posting more more recent Psychonauts work, for sure!  I just don't want to dump a ton all at once, so a few here and there at a time (as long as I don't forget I'm here and stop posting again... sigh

Finished playing Headlander a few days ago, and really enjoyed it.  Simply a gorgeous game, and lots of fun to play.  I loved the little Mappy robot & did a little doodle of it:

Mappy.jpg

On September 7, 2016 at 1:30 PM, DF Lee said:

Awesome Mappy!

Why thank you!  That means a lot coming from you!  :D

Another relatively new Psychonauts drawing!  I can't believe it took me so many years to draw one of Boyd's G-men, because they are hands down one of the funniest, most clever concepts in the game.  
Here is Raz trying to be in-character, and perhaps being a bit melodramatic about it.

grievingwidow.jpg

More Psychonauts art.  Got this one signed by Tim at the Double Fine party at PAX NW last fall!  :D   I can't wait till I have new canon Psychonauts lore to draw from when Rhombus of Ruin comes out soon!  

Butcher.jpg

On 1/28/2017 at 8:47 PM, Nasubionna said:

More Psychonauts art.  Got this one signed by Tim at the Double Fine party at PAX NW last fall!  :D   I can't wait till I have new canon Psychonauts lore to draw from when Rhombus of Ruin comes out soon!  

Butcher.jpg

Ooh! This is my favorite so far!

Thank you, everyone! ^_^

So with the release of Rhombus of Ruin (which I ADORED, and is the only reason I bought a VR), I had to do some new art, and started with (of course) Sasha and Milla.  I looove that Sasha is a space nerd, so here's a picture of them out star gazing and discussing the wonders (and potential wonders) of the universe.

SMstargazing.jpg

I've been working on this one FOREVER.  Finally done!  
This happened when I flipped through my Gustave Doré illustration book in the middle of playing Psychonauts.  I just really wanted to draw a slightly creepier G-man, and then it kind of got out of hand.

crosshatchgman.jpg

No, that G-Man is awesome! I love the chameleon-like eyes, fitting for a master of disguise. Your cross-hatching is so precise, it's so satisfying to look at. What type of pen(s) do you use?

I hadn't seen the new Sasha and Milla pic, it's so pretty!

6 hours ago, EMarley said:

No, that G-Man is awesome! I love the chameleon-like eyes, fitting for a master of disguise. Your cross-hatching is so precise, it's so satisfying to look at. What type of pen(s) do you use?

I hadn't seen the new Sasha and Milla pic, it's so pretty!

Thank you so much!  I pretty much exclusively use Copic multiliner pens for black ink work like this, and whenever I color it's almost always Copic markers and/or Prismacolor pencils (or mechanical pencil, as in the Sasha/Milla stargazing one above).  What can I say, I'm a creature of habit.  This piece is on 11 x 14" smooth Bristol board (also a favorite of mine) and several pens died during its creation, haha!

Great works, Nasubionna, really cool. I especially loved the Sasha and Milla space picnic 9_9