Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
moosemousse

Putting the documentary on DVDs

The backer level I went for had the HD download of the documentary and I'm guessing the files will be quite big. I'm guessing as I don't know how to download them or of they're available to download yet. Either way, I thought it'd be good to put them on a DVD with a menu or something like that so that I can put them in a DVD case with a nice cover and watch them anywhere. Does anyone know how to do this or would anyone be able to do a step by step guide? I'm not trying to get something I'm not entitled to. Can anyone help?

I believe that the download versions of the documentary will not be available until the end (of the documentary). I know people have asked if 2PP plan to release it in dvd, but I don't think anything has been said on that issue.

I also can't offer any help with creating a dvd from video files and putting in a menu since I have never done it, but know that it is possible with the right software.

Considering the documentary is going to backers above a certain tier as a DVD/blu-ray, it would be very odd if 2PP/DF didn't offer it for sale as well.

As for creating a DVD, it's very easy. There are tons of programs to walk you through it, many of which are bundled with a new computer or DVD recorder, so you may already have one. And there are free ones, such as dvd styler.

But you'll have to get your hands on the video files, in other words rip them from the vimeo stream, which is probably not entirely legal.

I'll be able to download the HD versions when they become available, so getting the files will be the easy part. The hard part is making the DVD out of them. I could make a DVD/Bluray cover for others who want to do the same. Maybe I could make a thread for them so that others can contribute their designs.

Sign in to follow this