Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jeremywc

Save data location on Android

Google and forum searches are failing me. Does anyone know the location of the save data for MMoJ on Android? I'd like to move my save from my phone to my tablet, but I haven't been able to locate the save anywhere while digging around the file system.

If I remember correctly, Android provides a database instance per app, which is often used for persistence of app specific data, so it's possible that save data is there and not as a separate file in the file system.

I don't know for sure though, but I'm replying since there's very little activity from DF on the MMoJ forums these days

I haven't heard anything about cloud saves for Android yet either, and I really hope that's something we'll get soon.

Let me check when I get into the office tomorrow and I'll let you know where it is. There currently isn't any planned support for Play cloud saves unfortunately :( I do believe copying the save directory should carry your game over.

It's under /data/data/com.doublefine.mmoj/files They may be protected, but if you can access it, then you should be able to copy it.

Ah, that's a bummer. That path doesn't seem to be exposed to non-rooted Nexus devices. I can live with restarting on my tablet. I might even farm out the grinding to my kids. ;-)

Sign in to follow this