Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 18: 1/3/14

Hey folks, we're officially back from the holidays and ready to get this thing in your hands! I wanted to give a short update, since I know you are all getting antsy. We're preparing a backer update for the 13th that will explain in great detail what to expect with delivery of your Steam keys, bug reporting during the beta, what you can do to help with marketing, and what the plan is for the public release. So keep an eye out for that!

Until then, we're hard at work on wrapping things up. All content is now locked, translations of the text just went in, and we're in full on bug mode. The database is currently at 270 bugs. We're taking next week to iron out the largest and stickiest bugs, so that while there still will be small bugs in the beta release and we'll definitely want your help tracking them down, none of them should be anything that would hinder your enjoyment of the game.

The game is looking really great and we can't wait to share it with you, so sit tight, expect more details on the 13th, and join us in looking forward to the 14th!

Can't wait! Congratulations and Good Luck with the launch!

The database is currently at 270 bugs.
Fix one up, compile again, the database is now 271 bugs. :P

Yaaayyy I'm so excited to play! And help find bugs. It's so close now!

Aww yea bout to be playin some delicious classic beautiful Adventure game in 2014.

Awesome =D Can't wait to play the game! I'll do my best to find time to write down any major bugs I see while playing the beta. I'll also be telling any of my friends who are into adventure games (and some who aren't) to make sure to get the game once it's released to the public.

If there are no torchforks, I'd like the report a bug....no torchforks.....

anyways great news, super excited

Amazing ! BTW , since I am native spanish speaker , will Localization bugs be also expected ?

Woohoo!! I hope I'll be able to persuade some friends to buy and play the game as well. Told one of them about the fantastic project and its upcoming release during the holidays so the seed is planted ;)

It's hard to believe that I'm actually going to be playing Broken Age soon. It's always seemed so far off.

I can't wait :D

I can't say enough how excited I am to play this. I feel like something special is coming.

Great way to start 2014!

My feelings still haven't processed how close the BA release date is yet

Honestly, there's a touch of melancholy. I know there's a whole Part 2 remaining, but release of Part 1 really drives home the point that the Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure has to end. Eventually, there will be a game, and development will be done, and I've really been enjoying watching y'all work.

Maybe playing Broken Age will be a transformative experience, but playing the game seems like a Sidequest.

Semester break from university starts on the 17th here in Israel. Perfect timing.

Can't wait! My backlog has grown to absurd heights over the last few months but I'll still be dropping everything for this.

Can't wait! My backlog has grown to absurd heights over the last few months but I'll still be dropping everything for this.

Oh yeah. Everything gets put on hold for this.... aside from family, which of course would be impossible to put on hold.

Finally.

Nearly 2 years later.

I'm sure the wait was worth it.

Bring it on... :)

(Am I allowed to complain in a bug report if I find it too easy? :P )

(Am I allowed to complain in a bug report if I find it too easy? :P )

Seems legit!

(I remember Tim saying that puzzle difficulty will be incremental through the game... I hope they'll be kinda challanging towards the end of Part 1 though!)

Sign in to follow this