Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 18: 1/3/14

does anyone have a good way to put myself in a 5-day coma safely? I don't think I can wait...

does anyone have a good way to put myself in a 5-day coma safely? I don't think I can wait...

Find a trustworthy friend, then go outside and freeze yourself.

I have a freezer that you could probably fit in.

Steal Mike Tyson's pet tiger

Nah. Just mess with his pigeons.

I don't think anything Tyson related and safety go together, but I could be wrong.

So, the beta comes out on the 14th? Or the 17th? I'm quite confused.
Unless something happens at the last minute to mess everything up (like a major previously unknown bug), the 14th.

"It's Robert Frost!"

I'm assuming us backers just get a steam code on the 14th?

Yup. We'll get a URL for a Humble download page which will contain Steam keys (as well as other things as they become available).

You can also make a Humble account at http://humblebundle.com with the same email address that you backed the Kickstarter campaign with and use the "Claim past purchases" widget to access your Humble download page on the 14th.

I suspect people will get a bit antsy as we get closer and debate what time zones constitute the 14th and what time of day is late enough to warrant people getting grumpy >_<

I suspect people will get a bit antsy as we get closer and debate what time zones constitute the 14th and what time of day is late enough to warrant people getting grumpy >_<

I was actually thinking about this earlier because if it's not out at some sort of reasonable hour in Europe I might go crazy...

Tuesday night, release day, I am totally free. Wednesday I am busy until late in the evening. Thursday I am busy until late in the evening. Friday, Saturday I have guests.

D:

I was actually thinking about this earlier because if it's not out at some sort of reasonable hour in Europe I might go crazy...

Imagine how it's going to be for those of us in Australia or New Zealand. I'm sure it'll be the 15th here before it's available.

My suggestion: If all else fails, tie your guests to a chair and learn them in the ways of beautiful painterly point and click games >:D

Imagine how it's going to be for those of us in Australia or New Zealand. I'm sure it'll be the 15th here before it's available.

My suggestion: If all else fails, tie your guests to a chair and learn them in the ways of beautiful painterly point and click games >:D

A few days from now I foresee countless clicks on the refresh button with the hope that will expedite the release of the beta.

So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. So can't wait. Just sayin'.

Is the beta also available for slacker backers?

i just remembered that i am a slacker backer, not a kickstarter backer

backers is backers

backers is backers
Yup, anyone who got in before they closed the option to become a backer. (Everyone else will have to get it with normal early access.)

So what is this about the Humble Bundle site? I'm not registered there. Am I gonna have to register there to get a Steam key for the game? Why not just send me an email with a Steam key or PM me the key on these forums?

I'm confused.

So what is this about the Humble Bundle site? I'm not registered there. Am I gonna have to register there to get a Steam key for the game? Why not just send me an email with a Steam key or PM me the key on these forums?

You will get a Steam key via email. It's just that there was the possibility to become a Broken Age backer during the Humble Double Fine Bundle so you can now also get it there.

So what is this about the Humble Bundle site? I'm not registered there. Am I gonna have to register there to get a Steam key for the game?

Nope, I don't think so. Next week you'll probably receive a link to a personal Humble page, which is tied to your email address. You'll be able to grab the Steam key there without registration. The reason that it shows up for people at the Humble Bundle site is that some of us do have an account there. All purchases made with your email address show up in your Humble library. As Double Fine is using Humble to distribute the game, Broken Age Reward Tiers (just the pages, not the actual downloads) are now starting to show up in people's libraries.

Why not just send me an email with a Steam key or PM me the key on these forums.

In the future they're also going to distribute other digital rewards, such as soundtracks, documentary downloads and the DRM free version of the game. Humble is one of the easiest ways to do all that.

I'm confused.

One of the wonderful things about Humble is that you don't have to create an account. You should be notified via email as the others have said, but if for some reason you're not notified, Humble has a feature (Linked below) that will email you a list of purchases that are associated with your email address.

The URL it sends you for your Broken Age downloads will have the DRM-free downloads (All platforms, as well as the soundtrack if you paid for it), as well as your Steam key.

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/243191-humble-bundle-key-resender

You will get a Steam key via email. It's just that there was the possibility to become a Broken Age backer during the Humble Double Fine Bundle so you can now also get it there.

I think all of the keys are being handled through Humble (as many of us who were kickstarter backers have been able to access the placeholder Humble pages).

To answer FearMonkey though, no, Humble makes registration completely optional, the key is on a page with a unique URL (that can optionally be claimed to an account if you want to make one). Humble periodically offers bundles of indie games (including many Double Fine ones) in a pick your own price, then download / get steam keys, with a cut of the money going to charity. (They have since started regular sales of games at fixed prices, that also include a steam key and give a cut to charity.)

Edit - The Humble Pages look like this:

XTXARi0.jpg

Ah, I see. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

(and to the rest of you as well. :) )

I'm assuming us backers just get a steam code on the 14th?

Yup. We'll get a URL for a Humble download page which will contain Steam keys (as well as other things as they become available).

You can also make a Humble account at http://humblebundle.com with the same email address that you backed the Kickstarter campaign with and use the "Claim past purchases" widget to access your Humble download page on the 14th.

Done and Done !

Thanks for the heads up Cheese !

Sign in to follow this