Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 18: 1/3/14

It's 1/14, does anyone know what the announcement will be today? With all the hype I hope we get an episode or keys, and not just a date announcement.

Well, in the time zone in which Double Fine is located it's ~1:50am on 1/13. If the announcement you're referring to is the one mentioned in the OP of this thread then the announcement should "explain in great detail what to expect with delivery of your Steam keys, bug reporting during the beta, what you can do to help with marketing, and what the plan is for the public release."

Though it hasn't been announced, I wouldn't be surprised if DF did some sort of live stream to celebrate the release of the Beta on 1/14.

I meant to say the 13th, like it says in the original post, that we should expect an announcement on the 13th and to join them in waiting for the 14th. I don't see anything on Steam about Broken age yet, so I'm a little confused on what's going on.

But I think Steam wouldn't want to promote it for the 14th if its only available for kickstarter backers at that time. But it is strange that there is no mention of it anywhere on Steam for pre-order or anything this month or at all in their coming soon list.

I also read that Tim confirmed via twitter it would be available for backers on the 14th via Steam, but knowing that Steam wouldn't let Banner Saga release the game early for kickstarter backers, I figure Steam may be holding up the release so I was hoping someone from the team would be awake this early and could help clarify.

It's 1/14, does anyone know what the announcement will be today? With all the hype I hope we get an episode or keys, and not just a date announcement.

Well, in the time zone in which Double Fine is located it's ~1:50am on 1/13. If the announcement you're referring to is the one mentioned in the OP of this thread then the announcement should "explain in great detail what to expect with delivery of your Steam keys, bug reporting during the beta, what you can do to help with marketing, and what the plan is for the public release."

Though it hasn't been announced, I wouldn't be surprised if DF did some sort of live stream to celebrate the release of the Beta on 1/14.

I meant to say the 13th, like it says in the original post, that we should expect an announcement on the 13th and to join them in waiting for the 14th. I don't see anything on Steam about Broken age yet, so I'm a little confused on what's going on.

But I think Steam wouldn't want to promote it for the 14th if its only available for kickstarter backers at that time. But it is strange that there is no mention of it anywhere on Steam for pre-order or anything this month or at all in their coming soon list.

I also read that Tim confirmed via twitter it would be available for backers on the 14th via Steam, but knowing that Steam wouldn't let Banner Saga release the game early for kickstarter backers, I figure Steam may be holding up the release so I was hoping someone from the team would be awake this early and could help clarify.

I imagine they will put it up on Steam for pre-orders at around the same time they announce the date. There's a good couple of weeks to go after all.

The Ad Lib sound from the original is still better than the music from the SEs, although the latest music is better than what the other versions offer. The new art style of the SEs, especially Guybrush Threepwood, is out of the question and below a quality what LucasArts should dare to ship. I also enjoy the hassle free crossy handling of the small original game files via ScummVM over Steam/AppStore/... What speaks for the SEs are the dev quotes, the voice acting and maybe the hint system (simple but effective).

And legality if you didn't purchase it back in the day, and being able to tell yourself apart from the wandering pirates on the Melee Island map screen :P

Just one day, I can't wait! I originally wanted to wait until part 2... but I'm going to play it as soon as I can!

Can't wait to play. The game looks really promising and stylistically unique. Glad I get to try out my most wanted game for the whole year so early..

I have total faith that Double Fine has developed something special in Broken Age.

Just one day, I can't wait! I originally wanted to wait until part 2... but I'm going to play it as soon as I can!
I was planning to do just one puzzle just to see the game, and then wait for part 2 before I truly went for it, but now I am not so sure I can hold off.

Anybody know if DF is planning to open a new board under the backer area for beta discussions amongst backers/DF?

@Keiya

Yep you're certainly in a better position if you're old enough so that you could buy the originals but honestly i think that you also have to put it into a reasonable perspective. Get yourself a copy on Steam or wherever, buy some old package on ebay, buy any LucasArts title representative for another one you can't find somewhere else (as long as they aren't available) and you should feel legit enough to use whatever copy you can come across. Disney could offer a all inclusive LucasArts adventure package and if they even put some extra stuff on it, it certainly would sell pretty well (for adventures), they also could donate to the Scumm and Residual projects.

This is better than waiting for your Christmas presents
The wait is literally hurting me physically.

I'm quite excited.

I'm so excited about the game I don't know what to do with myself anymore! Can't believe it'll be released tomorrow, I'm definitely gonna go all-in and play it until I've finished it completely. Hopefully it's big enough to not be over in a few hours.

Hard to believe the day has finally came. My first KS backing is finally near my grasp.

Hard to believe the day has finally came. My first KS backing is finally near my grasp.

You never forget your first time! That eager anticipation. The moment when it bursts forth, sooner that it really should have if everything was perfect (premature if you will) but with all its flaws, you still never forget.

:-P

so... when is it coming out -exactly- ?

They'll hopefully tell us in the update that's hopefully going to go online soon. Gnah, so waiting for the update that'll just tell me that I'll have to wait another day ... and then I'll probably have to wait until I even have time to play and then Season 4 of GoT isn't going to be out before April and ... sorry, I got carried away.

You never forget your first time! That eager anticipation. The moment when it bursts forth, sooner that it really should have if everything was perfect (premature if you will) but with all its flaws, you still never forget.

:-P

Oh, some other ones I backed later did come before this, but this has been the object of my lust longer ;)

Eh, the music is really well done in both special editions. The voice direction didn't get the attention it deserved, but is passable, and the graphics I can take or leave, I thought they were lacking a bit in the first game and significantly improved but still not astounding in the second one. But the music, if I wanted to listen to the soundtrack nowadays I'd go for the Special Edition versions any day of the week, they all show fantastic attention to detail.

The music was great. The voice work went from wonderful (Guybrush, the Shopkeeper) to unbearable (nearly everyone else). The artwork was largely good. Guybrush looked TERRIBLE.

Yeah, the design for Guybrush in the SE of MI1 was astonishingly horrible. It was like they went with the poorest choice they had. Or if it was the best they came up with I shudder to think what the discarded ideas for Buybrush looked like.

I can barely contain myself.

excited3.gif

It's nearly party time, guys.

when-you-see-your-friends-at-the-same-party.gif

Edit:

The music was great. The voice work went from wonderful (Guybrush, the Shopkeeper) to unbearable (nearly everyone else). The artwork was largely good. Guybrush looked TERRIBLE.

I can agree. The backgrounds were good. Yet, I was so annoyed by the ridiculous character design, that I almost didn't want it. I thought Telltale did an okay job of updating and stylizing the characters. Certainly not with the Special Editions. Their remake cover art was down right insulting and embarrassing to Steve Purcell. It's as if the art team was made up of student interns with no knowledge/love for the series.

Aagh when will we get news? The provisional page disappeared off my claimed humble purchases for some reason, so now I'm even antsier.

I just checked my Humble Bundle Account. There was previously a list of keys/bundles. Broken Age was listed (but of course no key yet because the game is not yet available for download). But now on my account Broken Age is not listed at all. I'm assuming that will change and it will be relisted with an actual key before or at the launch?

I just checked my Humble Bundle Account. There was previously a list of keys/bundles. Broken Age was listed (but of course no key yet because the game is not yet available for download). But now on my account Broken Age is not listed at all. I'm assuming that will change and it will be relisted with an actual key before or at the launch?
Mine is gone too. :-( I guess they need to change something before they go final.

Is this true?? I mean I did get some emails for some time back when I became slacker backer with Humble bundle but now since Massive Chalice kickstarter no emails about Broken age, The Documentary, news etc. ??

Sign in to follow this