Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 18: 1/3/14

Did anyone else get the soundtrack? For some reason I don't have it

I did! I still don't understand why they uploaded raw WAV files when FLAC is basically the same thing but smaller.

At least You have it. I'm supposed to but I didn't get it.

It was listed in Steam as "DLC content" when I first downloaded it but now nothing is there.

It's not supposed to be on Steam. It's on the Humble page that should have been emailed to you which you obviously got because you have the Steam key.

Nope. It's not on Humble, I checked. As for Steam, like I said, It was listed as content but it's not there now.

The soundtrack wasn't supposed to be added to Steam apparently, so said a DF representative in another thread. What tier level did you back at? You needed to have backed at at least $30 to get the digital soundtrack. What does your Humble page say your tier is? And what is listed as your rewards?

The soundtrack wasn't supposed to be added to Steam apparently, so said a DF representative in another thread. What tier level did you back at? You needed to have backed at at least $30 to get the digital soundtrack. What does your Humble page say your tier is? And what is listed as your rewards?

Thanks for purchasing Broken Age Kickstarter ($15 Tier)

I in fact payed $30. I'm assuming this might be why?

I did! I still don't understand why they uploaded raw WAV files when FLAC is basically the same thing but smaller.

The same thing, smaller and with metadata :)

Thanks for purchasing Broken Age Kickstarter ($15 Tier)

I in fact payed $30. I'm assuming this might be why?

After the kickstarter, Slacker Backer price was $15. As the documentary progressed, DF and 2PP felt the price is rather low for both. There was a lot of great content already and the final game is $15 so the documentary was essentially free which is not what they would like (2PP intend to sell the documentary and need that money to make a living). So they gave notice the price is going to go up to $30 and later it did.

So if you backed after this, you are still in the same tier in terms of the benefits, only the tier price is $30.

Why are there no links to the discussion threads about the release of Broken Age on the Table of contents? I found those threads at one point, but now I can't find them anymore. (Actually - how can anyone find them?)

Anyone else still not received an email and nothing in humblebundle? I'd love to play the game someday....

Did you follow the instructions in the latest Kickstarter update? Or, if you're a slacker backer, here's what they wrote:

We're sorry! We wish you were playing Broken Age RIGHT NOW! Here are the steps to take:

1. Check your email account junk folder or spam filter to make sure the email wasn't moved somewhere unexpected.

2. Create a Humble Bundle account and go to your library to check your past purchases for the code.

3. Use The Humble key resender here:

4. Email contact@humblebundle.com

If your email has changed since you backed, email support@doublefine.com and we'll get you sorted.

THANKS! To the rest of you, hope you're digging the beta. Keep those bugs and kind words coming our way!

LOVE YOU ALL!

I guess most things still apply.

Is this the end of DFA? I love Broken Age, but DFA is what sold me, and would sell me again.

Is this the end of DFA? I love Broken Age, but DFA is what sold me, and would sell me again.

If by DFA you mean the documentary, no, it's not the end: Tim said it will continue until the release of Act 2.

Sign in to follow this