Sign in to follow this  
xvishon

Count Down

Steam deactivated my copy of Broken Age and removed it from my library, did the same happen to you Surplus?

Steam deactivated my copy of Broken Age and removed it from my library, did the same happen to you Surplus?
Yup! But the email from Humble said to expect that to happen and that a new code will be issued on the 14th.

So, anyone else killing the time till next Tuesday by watching the documentary again from the start? At this point I have 5 episodes left, with an episode per day it should work out just right :)

Apart from that I'm also reading the category specific-updates, since I actually missed a lot on that score. Great to see how redbot's adventure has evolved into Broken Age! It's gonna be weird next week to play the game, I'm sure. To be able to walk through the environment 'myself' and talk with the characters that till now I've only been able to look at...

*sigh*

So nothing important to tell you guys, just trying to get rid of a little impatience by writing and sharing, as I'm sure you can understand ;)

Great to see how redbot's adventure has evolved into Broken Age! It's gonna be weird next week to play the game, I'm sure.

SpOiLeRs???

Holy Croutons! I think you've unknowingly cracked it!! The boy is actually a robot!!! This will be revealed at the end of Act One at the same time that the girl is revealed to be the daughter of the village eating monster!!!! Act Two will consist of them racing to see who can extinguish the human race first!x5

SpOiLeRs???

Great to see how redbot's adventure has evolved into Broken Age! It's gonna be weird next week to play the game, I'm sure.

SpOiLeRs???

Holy Croutons! I think you've unknowingly cracked it!! The boy is actually a robot!!! This will be revealed at the end of Act One at the same time that the girl is revealed to be the daughter of the village eating monster!!!! Act Two will consist of them racing to see who can extinguish the human race first!x5

SpOiLeRs???

Now there's a twist I certainly didn't see coming. Vella did a cracking job at hiding her tentacles, although, she always did have those suspicious looking 'feathers' sticking out her hair.

Now there's a twist I certainly didn't see coming. Vella did a cracking job at hiding her tentacles, although, she always did have those suspicious looking 'feathers' sticking out her hair.

I've done the math and it checks out. I made a chart and everything. Using red string* to connect various data points from the documentary I've come up with the following evidence. Consider the following:

# Vella needs to be sacrificed or her village will be destroyed.

Why does Vella need to be sacrificed? We are meant to think that it's to appease the monster so that it doesn't destroy the village. This is just a smokescreen. In reality it's because she was identified as monster spawn and needs to go before she gets any older and starts to become evil, brainy, and tentacle-y. Vella was the threat not Monchothra like the (village) government would have you believe.

# Shay parents are gone but before they went they placed him aboard an incubator vessel to be raised by the ship AI affectionally called Mom.

Lies. This is nothing but lies. The ship is a ship of lies (and spaceship parts). Shay's parents never existed. He calls the ship AI "Mom" not as an affectionate appellation but as a literal truth. It is universally understandable that that once her function biologicalClock() started ticking she couldn't ignore it. Thus, Mom created Shay as a way to satisfy her maternal instinct algorithms and presumably to destroy all humans.

# An early tittle consideration for the game was Young Monsters.

Truly, what is the greatest monster? Is it man himself? No, it's a man shaped robot.

At this point, considering all the evidence, I would be very surprised if Vella and Shay didn't turn out to be unstoppable killing machines.

* I taped it to the monitors.

[Edit: I decided the truth was too important to stay under wraps so I reposted this in it's own thread here]

Oh no, I counted too far! Did I just break the release date?

Oh no, I counted too far! Did I just break the release date?

No, it's cool. We'll just start counting down again.

So,

~11,759,200 years if you're wondering.

Perhaps a question that's been dealt with elsewhere, but I've been really bad at keeping track of these forums. Do we have any idea what sort of time to expect it to release on Tuesday? I'd obviously like to start playing as soon as possible, but worry that being in the UK it'll come out at like 10pm which means I can't play until 6pm on Wednesday at the earliest... :/

Perhaps a question that's been dealt with elsewhere, but I've been really bad at keeping track of these forums. Do we have any idea what sort of time to expect it to release on Tuesday? I'd obviously like to start playing as soon as possible, but worry that being in the UK it'll come out at like 10pm which means I can't play until 6pm on Wednesday at the earliest... :/

Best evidence so far:

Sign in to follow this