Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Okay,

I see a few threads about cartoons and I got to wondering,

"What other cartoons do ppl like aroud here?"

There are so many out there and we aren't all from the same region.

Feel free to discuss and answer a few questions.

Examples:

What cartoons did you grow up with?

List your All time favorites.

Which character do you see yourself as?

I don't watch a lot of recent cartoons - there's a lot of schlop that I can't really watch out there, haha. Most of my tastes are a little older than that.

I grew up on ReBoot and Beasties (Beast Wars to Americans), and hold them both really close to my heart. I also loved Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures. I've been buying the Animaniacs releases and enjoying them like crazy. Those were the golden days of animation - and humour!

I also enjoy The Simpsons, which isn't as good as it used to be, but is still miles ahead of a lot of recent animated series. Futurama was also really good.

I used to watch a lot of Adult Swim summer nights in high school, when I had time and didn't need to get up early, but my parents canceled their cable, so I didn't watch much of anything this last summer. When I was watching, I liked Inuyasha (but have since realized the series is going in an infinite loop of Naraku chasing, with no end, and no new plot points/character development, either; I still like the early episodes, though), Witch Hunter Robin, Full Metal Alchemist, Venture Brothers, and Futurama. I also like The Simpsons and hate Family Guy.

Man.. I grew up with so many cool cartoons that there is a website dedicated to all of them on Retrojunk.com in the 80's and 90's section.

Some that stood out the most would be:

Heman: Masters of the Universe

Scooby Doo (and all the 80's and early 90's spinoffs)

Transformers (generation one)

GI Joe

Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Thundercats

Smurfs

Snorks

Captain N: The Game Master

Batman The Animated Series

Hong Kong Phooey

Tom and Jerry

Looney Toons

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales

Talespin

Muppet Babies? lol

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers

X-men (early 90's cartoon)

The Simpsons

Beavis and Butthead

Animaniacs

Ren and Stimpy (early non-rated stuff)

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Heathcliff

Garfield and Friends

I'll stop there since I could go on and on and on and on and on with this list.

In the more recent years, I have tried to watch anime stuff like Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT, Naruto/Naruto Shippūden, and Big O. I liked those, but not as much as the stuff from when I was a kid. I enjoy watching computer animated films with my kids more lately than the cartoons found on TV.

Ah, Retrojunk is awesome. My faves from the 80s and 90s would be Transformers, Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors (I've got the French DVD boxset!) and Mighty Max. There's legions of others, of course. I'm still an animation nut. Inspector Gadget for instance. Now there's a cartoon.

I can't believe that I missed Inspector Gadget in my list. Seriously. That cartoon was like an after school treat for me when I got home off the bus.

Animaniacs was gold. I was so sad when it was canceled. Kids WB sucks copious amounts of lemon now.

Full Metal Alchemist stands as a favorite anime of mine, and while on the subject I may as well mention Samurai Champloo, Azumangadiaoh, and Naruto; which are all quite good in different ways.

I grew up with

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales

Talespin

Anamaniacs

Pinky and the brain

A pup named scooby doo.

Courage

Angry Beavers

Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers

Dexter's Lab

South Park

Invader zim

there are some more but I cant member.

What I watch now

Sponge Bob

Family Guy

Fairly odd parents

Still watch South Park

Futurama

Anything on Adult Swim that is not jap anime.

I used to watch a lot of Adult Swim summer nights in high school, when I had time and didn't need to get up early, but my parents canceled their cable, so I didn't watch much of anything this last summer. When I was watching, I liked Inuyasha (but have since realized the series is going in an infinite loop of Naraku chasing, with no end, and no new plot points/character development, either; I still like the early episodes, though), Witch Hunter Robin, Full Metal Alchemist, Venture Brothers, and Futurama. I also like The Simpsons and hate Family Guy.

You forgot Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy Bebop was great.

I also like Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros and Fullmetal Alchemist from Adult Swim. Shin Chan cracks me up too.

You forgot Cowboy Bebop.

For some reason, I never saw more than a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and those were disjointed enough to be incomprehensible. I did forget Big O and Harvey Birdman, though.

...actually, I can't think of a single series on Adult Swim that I actually managed to see all the episodes of. Huh.

For some reason, I never saw more than a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and those were disjointed enough to be incomprehensible. I did forget Big O and Harvey Birdman, though.

A lot of the episodes were loosely related but if you just want to check out one serious episode I suggest Ballad of Fallen Angels, The one with the mushrooms was hilarious too though.

Headroom, your list is awsome. I know all of the cartoons you mentioned , except for Captain N.

Batman: TAS is #1 on my list (owns all of the episodes) and Reboot is one of cartoons that i'll never forget. I just wish the seasons would come out on DvD. My tapes are old and choppy and one episode was recorded over with Bump in the Night :P

Ah, I miss all the old claymations.

The Adv. of Mark Twain, California Rasins, Abc commercials, PJs,(original) Celebrity Deatmatch etc.

They had a style all their own, and man were they entertaining.

Headroom, your list is awsome. I know all of the cartoons you mentioned , except for Captain N.

It's Captain freakin' N!

You earn points for Batman & Reboot though. All is forgiven.

I loved Dexter's Lab. Ed, Edd, and Eddy was just dumb, but that's why I loved it so much. Especially Ed. And My favorite cartoon was/is still Courage the Cowardly Dog.

They will never know the demented laughter of Ren&Stimpy;, the many deaths of Aeon Flux, or the murderous world of The Maxx

(wow, i really watched those growing up)

Poor guys

They will never know the demented laughter of Ren&Stimpy;, the many deaths of Aeon Flux, or the murderous world of The Maxx

(wow, i really watched those growing up)

Poor guys

True, so true. I liked The Maxx and I actually collected some of the Image comics from back in the day. I have the special send away issue #1/2 - #6 or something like that.

*stops talking like the Simpsons "Collector"*

I could never watch Aeon Flux. For some reason it really scared me.

most likely since the art style was very....unique

Also a few of the episodes had some "trippy" equipment

Like using a key to enter a fat man's belly :sick:

Headroom, You mean Comic Book Guy?

Cartoons I like: Wacky Races, Dasterdly and Muttley and Their Flying Machines, Star Wars: Clone Wars, The majority of Adult Swim funny toons (Excluding Tom Goes to The Mayor, 12 Oz Mouse, and Squidbillies. Those all suck), The Simpsons, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Thundercats, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, That old Scooby Doo show where all the cool people would guest star like Batman or Phyllis Dyller, The 13 Ghost of Scooby Doo (VINCENT PRICE FTMFW), Jabberjaw, Sailor Moon, CardCaptors, and more that I forgot.

Aw man, it's true. Kids these days have some rather lackluster 'toons. Does anybody remember Jackie Chan Adventeres?

Aw man, it's true. Kids these days have some rather lackluster 'toons. Does anybody remember Jackie Chan Adventeres?
That show ROCKED!

OMG I forgot to put Daria. And that show is WIIIIIIINNNNNN

You are creating too many new topics now, after my opinion.. Do you need to create an whole new thread just to answer DarthAve?

Sign in to follow this