Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PcZac

I missed the backer peroid, is there any way I can get access to the documentary now?

Title pretty much says it all, I hope I don't just have to wait, or that I missed the boat on this one.

Unfortunately, currently there is not. But we're working out a solution and hope to have it back up shortly after the game launches!

I believe 2 Player Productions intends to sell the documentary at retail, and probably online. Won't release until after the documentary is done, though, which will happen months after Act 2 finishes.

I really hope that 2PP will make the documentary available for everyone after the game is released later this year. I didn't back the Kickstarter, but I got in as a slacker backer and have enjoyed the documentary tremendously.

Good thing I got in before it was disabled! :)

Hey Greg, on a similar note, today's e-mail has made me say "to hell with it". I would really like to upgrade my KS pledge from its original $30 to $60 because that PDF has become far too tempting. If there is a way to get it, please let us know.

Hey Greg, on a similar note, today's e-mail has made me say "to hell with it". I would really like to upgrade my KS pledge from its original $30 to $60 because that PDF has become far too tempting. If there is a way to get it, please let us know.
I really hope they can make all the digital rewards available for a reasonable price in order to get the rest of the game funded (the same way the act 1 release is intended).

Yep. I was a Slacker Backer for $15, but I'd love there to be a way for me to increase my pledge to get the extra rewards.

Yep. I was a Slacker Backer for $15, but I'd love there to be a way for me to increase my pledge to get the extra rewards.

kickstarter backer for 15$ but I deeply regret it.. I mean I regret not going for at least 60$ :) as I love the documentaries, soundtrack, etc. There has to be a way for us to get them :)

It has been about a month, is there going to be an option for people that want to buy into being about to watch the doc?

I would absolutely love to get my hands on the soundtrack. Any idea on when it might be available for purchase?

You can get the soundtrack here.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on the soundtrack. Any idea on when it might be available for purchase?

For 8$ or more it's yours, in mp3 V0, mp3 320, flac(!), ogg, etc: http://doublefine.bandcamp.com/album/broken-age-original-soundtrack

(Bancamp has all kinds of payment options, incl. paypal)

I read somewhere that Act 2 will be added to the Bancamp page after it's finished. So as a free update on the page I guess.

Around 5 tracks are also on Soundcloud:

Unfortunately, currently there is not. But we're working out a solution and hope to have it back up shortly after the game launches!

How silly is this? It's like they don't know how to make money...

I read somewhere that Act 2 will be added to the Bancamp page after it’s finished. So as a free update on the page I guess.

Can we get a "for-sure" on that?

Any news on documentary access? Apparently my friends all suck, and I've been living under a rock (that happens to be in the middle of Reddit.. I really don't know how I missed this entire thing until someone posted the game was actually out)

From that first video and the bits I've seen of this it seems like it would really be something I'd love, probably more than the game itself. Will we simply have to wait until BA is done before we can see it?

As a side-question - will all of the content at http://www.doublefine.com/dfa be made available (possibly in some kind of deluxe edition) eventually? The documentary looks amazing, but I'd also love the sidequests, programming updates, writing updates, art updates, etc.

I'm sure they will make a super deluxe version available. There is also going to be a normal feature length cut of the documentary. I do feel sorry for those of you who didn't get the word about the documentary earlier. It really has been one of the most fascinating pieces of documentary work about video games.

And I second the call to back amnesia fortnight 2014 and watch the documentary for that from last year, it was totally separate and equally amazing. Better than the prototypes, IMO.

https://www.humblebundle.com/doublefine

Any news on documentary access? Apparently my friends all suck, and I've been living under a rock (that happens to be in the middle of Reddit.. I really don't know how I missed this entire thing until someone posted the game was actually out)

From that first video and the bits I've seen of this it seems like it would really be something I'd love, probably more than the game itself. Will we simply have to wait until BA is done before we can see it?

As a side-question - will all of the content at http://www.doublefine.com/dfa be made available (possibly in some kind of deluxe edition) eventually? The documentary looks amazing, but I'd also love the sidequests, programming updates, writing updates, art updates, etc.

I don't know the answer to your second question, but according to yesterday's Kickstarter update they are working through the final pieces to sell the documentary for the general public: it will probably be available shortly after Amnesia Fortnight.

I don't know the answer to your second question, but according to yesterday's Kickstarter update they are working through the final pieces to sell the documentary for the general public: it will probably be available shortly after Amnesia Fortnight.

That's great to hear, I had been holding off on playing the game because I thought I'd miss out on something if I haven't seen the documentary first (every article I read about the game mentions in the comments or the article that it is so amazing and makes you appreciate the game more), but I couldn't wait any longer so I played the game today and boy, it's amazing. I can already see me replaying this every two or three years like I do with Monkey Island 1+2, Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle. So the documentary is something I absolutely must have and I can barely wait for it! :)

I hope that if they do a deluxe edition, I can upgrade to that. For some games you can do that on Steam (I bought it from the Humble Store, but that shouldn't be a problem I think since a Steam key is included).

Also missed the Kickstarter and the Slacker Backer period and now after I bought the AF Humble Bundle I am hooked up with the AF documentary and I am totally willing to throw my money at you to get the Broken Age Documentary. The first Episodes on the Stream are great want to watch more! I Hope it is true that after Amenisia the Slacker Backer options starts again.

Yep, AF2014 hooked me too. I've been able to watch my friend play through Broken Age Act 1 through Skype, and I was about to purchase myself...but if there's a deluxe megapack on the way that includes the documentary and the game, sign me up for that.

The Double Fine Adventure documentary series about the making of Broken Age can now be purchased separately or in a variety of game bundles here. Good news for anyone who missed backing or who wants to upgrade to a digital download of the documentary.

Check out

I cannot recommend this documentary highly enough to anyone with interest in seeing how games are made and the ups and downs of running a game studio.

For those wondering about a way to get belated access to the backer updates at http://www.doublefine.com/dfa, I am not aware of any way to do that now that the slacker backer period has ended. I am not affiliated with Double Fine and do not know whether that will or will not change in the future.

Almost five whole months later, still no reply as to whether the PDF version of the Double Fine Adventure Book can be bought in some way. Screw this.

Sign in to follow this