Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marksteff

DFA key / download?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew when we would get our steam key & or download link for the game?

I was looking around & just could not see this info, maybe I just missed it.

Thanks.

They are posting the information in an update tomorrow on how we get the keys, etc.

We won't know for sure until tomorrow but it's almost certain that it will be a humble page (as many of us have been able to get a placeholder humble page). That page will give us a steam key and let us download other rewards as they become available. We won't need a humble account since they give everyone a unique url, but an account is optional.

We won't know for sure until tomorrow but it's almost certain that it will be a humble page (as many of us have been able to get a placeholder humble page). That page will give us a steam key and let us download other rewards as they become available. We won't need a humble account since they give everyone a unique url, but an account is optional.

^This. More details tomorrow!

I was a humble fan, then the changed the way you receive your keys and didnt bother to answer my emails seriously..

They have lost all the credits i gave them and i wouldnt mind when they just vanish.. a shame i have to work them together to get the keys for BA..

my personal opinion..

I was a humble fan, then the changed the way you receive your keys and didnt bother to answer my emails seriously..

They have lost all the credits i gave them and i wouldnt mind when they just vanish.. a shame i have to work them together to get the keys for BA..

my personal opinion..

I actually prefer the new way to redeem keys, I used to hate copying and pasting codes then cancelling the download if I didn't want that game at that specific time.

I'm actually pretty happy with this being done through Humble.

my personal opinion..

Paper trail. By logging who is in control of what key, they can revoke keys if needed.

I personally Like the new gifting system if this is what you're talking about, but if you still want to receive the keys only just disconnect your steam account from your humble bundle account and it should just give you keys then but this was set to combat those reselling keys at higher prices.

I'm a huge humble bundle fan and can't agree more with how they have changed the delivery and gifting system saves me so much time coping and pasting. Anyway, I suggest giving them another shot, but if you want to resell games go somewhere that condones that cause humble bundle doesn't.

I was a humble fan, then the changed the way you receive your keys and didn't bother to answer my emails seriously..

They have lost all the credits I gave them and I wouldn't mind when they just vanish.. A shame I have to work them together to get the keys for BA..

my personal opinion..

How do you secure a placeholder humble page?

You can register without any purchase right from the main page. A direct link would be https://www.humblebundle.com/signup , you probably should use the same email as with Double Fine.

Placeholder they were talking about is gone now, should be back tomorrow with real link to download DFA.

How do you secure a placeholder humble page?

You can register without any purchase right from the main page. A direct link would be https://www.humblebundle.com/signup , you probably should use the same email as with Double Fine.

Placeholder they were talking about is gone now, should be back tomorrow with real link to download DFA.

I just reclaimed my page. They must have flushed all of the old ones because my new page has a different Humble key.

I just reclaimed my page. They must have flushed all of the old ones because my new page has a different Humble key.

Same here. Still no link though... (argh it's been "tomorrow" here for 9 hours already :) )

Same here. Still no link though... (argh it's been "tomorrow" here for 9 hours already :) )

I suppose they should have had a clarifier/qualifier. Tomorrow Double Fine Time. They are on the West Cost US, that means thy are -8 GMT (-9 in Daylights Savings). Also take into account that it will be going up on Steam and, despite its popularity here, it isn't a "Major Release" so it probably isn't getting a Midnight Release. This means that it will likely go up at between 11AM-3PM Pacific Time on Steam on Tuesday, January 14th. That means that if you are in the Europe, that it will probably go up between 7PM-Midnight. Give or take an hour.

Tim said on Twitter that it'll launch at about 10AM PST, which is about... 10.5-ish hours from when I post this, unless I suddenly forgot how to count.

Considering that the time on the Double Fine forums should be in PST at the default settings, the game keys should be out sometime in the next hour or two for more people.

Even still, I haven't seen my key yet either, so I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next hour and a bit.

Guys, Tim already said it would be 10am their time, that's 6pm UK time, 7pm central europe.

So this should mean about 1pm EST, right? I forgot to qualify what time I was basing that on :)

Anybody get any emails or anything?

Nothing yet.

Glad it's not just me.

Guys, Tim already said it would be 10am their time, that's 6pm UK time, 7pm central europe.

So this should mean about 1pm EST, right? I forgot to qualify what time I was basing that on :)

Yep.

Got my Steam key from Humble Bundle and downloading now! :D

You got it from Humble Bundle?? I don't have the same email setup for kickstarter and humble bundle.. where is it gonna pop up i wonder...

Is there anything I need to do to make sure I get my humble key? Will it just be automatically sent to the email associated with my kickstarter?

It seems like they released already on the humble bundle page. you don't have to wait for the email, just login to you humble account and claim the purchase.

Sign in to follow this