Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marksteff

DFA key / download?

Thank you thread, I was wondering when I was going to get an e-mail. Turns out, you helped me redeem it through Humble.

It was even an almost painless process, except for captcha's to link Steam account.

a) Sign Up/Login to your HumbleBundle account (humblebundle.com).

b) Enter the Games Library if you don't automatically start there.

c) Open the Claim Past Purchases topic by clicking on the X on the upper right.

d) Claim your Broken Age tier.

e) Scroll down to the topic Widget Purchases (in your Games Library) and click on the Broken Age ($XYZ Tier).

f) Click on "Click here for your Steam Key" and afterwards on the Steam-symbol-button in order to receive your Steam key.

As i don't have Steam installed i have no idea what comes next exactly, maybe all gets synced automagically if the client is installed or you need to copy & paste this key into the Steam client on your own. The game sadly will not show up directly in your Humble Bundle library, maybe after Braid, at least for now.

Hey, at least i can download some music. Not sure if i should listen to it already, maybe just one track, or two.

This worked. I was a regular backer, never received an email. This wound up doing the trick.

It's downloading now, I can't wait!

Many thanks to all the clever chaps who figured out the 'Claim Past Purchases' trick, it fixed everything for me. For what it's worth I was a Slacker Backer, but it seems like people in other tiers had the same problem.

Are Steam keys still being added to people's Humble Bundle libraries? My Humble Bundle account is under the same email as my Kickstarter account, but the game still isn't showing up for me under "Claim Past Purchases" or otherwise. No email either, though I checked my spam folder. Do I still need to wait for the game to be added to my account, or should I contact DF support?

Hey, I wanted to know what I should do to play this game... I mean, I backed the project from the Kickstarter so I didn't buy it on Humble Bundle... But my email inbox is freaking empty :( No Schafer's email telling me "hey, here's your game!". Is there a delay or something?

EarthBound it's worth venturing that this may work for Kickstarter backers as well.

I did not have a humble account, I had to sign up for one. When I signed up with an email that matched my Slacker Backer email, my key was waiting for me in under "claim past purchases." So, if your humble account didn't match that email, try making a new Humble account.

EarthBound it's worth venturing that this may work for Kickstarter backers as well.
I did not have a humble account, I had to sign up for one. When I signed up with an email that matched my Slacker Backer email, my key was waiting for me in under "claim past purchases." So, if your humble account didn't match that email, try making a new Humble account.

Just checked my Humble Bundle account. No Broken Age nor Double Fine Adventure refference on my library. Tried to claim Humble Double Fine Bundle. It says: "this page was claimed by you". So... I'm crying in a corner :'(

Now that I think about it, the email I used when I backed DFA was different than the one I use now. I'll change the email I use on Humble Bundle and see if that helps.

I didn't got anything until now! Sorry, but what a fail is the organization of DF?! I don't have the same email as when I backed the Project, but how difficult could it have been to send a Survey Prior the Launch day to all the backers?! I don't know how to get the DL link now, that's just frustrating after nearly 2 yrs of waiting :(

Well, as far as I can remember my humble email is the same as my kickstarter email is the same as my forum email, and I've yet to receive a key myself. Who knows!

Well, as far as I can remember my humble email is the same as my kickstarter email is the same as my forum email, and I've yet to receive a key myself. Who knows!

Same situation here... In Europe it's 11 pm, I do not want to go to bed without this key :(

Haven't got mine yet either! Crapballs!

(I'm worried that this might be punishment for making fun of Tim's recent lack of facial hair.)

Other related thread has a reply where Chris Remo says to contact Humble Bundle support. Good luck, they say it might take a few days to respond. Guess I'll just cross my fingers that it appears in the next few hours.

Other related thread has a reply where Chris Remo says to contact Humble Bundle support. Good luck, they say it might take a few days to respond. Guess I'll just cross my fingers that it appears in the next few hours.

Do you have a link to where he said that?

Well I contacted them. Hopefully this can get sorted out soon. No idea what the problem is.

I contacted them too. Their reply was pretty quick but the guy on the other end got confused and thought I wanted keys from the Double Fine Bundle they ran a while back. I replied to clarify but I've had nothing back since.

Well, I forgot just how long ago this all started. Now that I think about, I probably did change my email once between the Kickstarter and now. I guess I was hoping that the backer database would be updated with our forum emails, but I guess that was incorrect. Anyway, I can temporarily turn on that old email so I'll see if I can force Humble Bundle to send it again. I'll report in after I can test my theory. (On that note, anybody on here know if there have been more backer update emails than those coming out from Kickstarter? If so, I haven't been getting those and never thought about it.)

Well, I forgot just how long ago this all started. Now that I think about, I probably did change my email once between the Kickstarter and now. I guess I was hoping that the backer database would be updated with our forum emails, but I guess that was incorrect. Anyway, I can temporarily turn on that old email so I'll see if I can force Humble Bundle to send it again. I'll report in after I can test my theory. (On that note, anybody on here know if there have been more backer update emails than those coming out from Kickstarter? If so, I haven't been getting those and never thought about it.)

I think all the updates have been through Kickstarter. I changed my email address too but I still have access to the old one... I checked it and nothing there either... so yeah... This bites...

Same here. no key. I think it was sent to an old dead account I used for facebook (sign up to kickstarter with FB)

Ditto. The email I used to back all those years ago has been deactivated. I changed both DF and Kickstarter emails almost immediately after I backed but it doesn't seem to have cut it. I was gonna wait to see if it sorted itself out but I see a pattern emerging. Oh well, I'll wait a little longer before shooting them an email. I was afraid this would happen.

Just shoot an email to DoubleFine support and they'll change your 'official' backer email, but if you can't get access to your old email for the beta you're definitely going to have to explain it all to Humble Bundle support.

Try going and logging in/signing up at humblebundle.com. Change your email address from your new one - to the one you used when you backed - then go to "my library" and click the + sign at the top - next to "Claim Past Purchases." It worked for me.

Luckily my old email wasn't snatched up so I could redo it. It was a bit of a pain but it worked. Thanks, dudes!

Now, if only Steam wasn't down.

I just created now an account on HumbleBundle (didn't have it) with the same email I have on kickstarter (so the same one that I used to back the game).

Nothing in my library on HB, neither in the Claim Past Purchases.

Any idea on how to work it out?

I just created now an account on HumbleBundle (didn't have it) with the same email I have on kickstarter (so the same one that I used to back the game).

Nothing in my library on HB, neither in the Claim Past Purchases.

Any idea on how to work it out?

Did you click the + sign? A drop down should appear with Broken Age in it... It will look empty until you click that button. It worked for me... Sorry if it's not working for you...

w1zHxhs.jpg

Yeah, of course I opened that window.

"No unclaimed purchases found."

As a $100 backer, I'm so pissed off by how this key business has been handled.

Now I'll have to wait an unspecified number of days to get a reply to my support email to HB, hoping to receive the key.

Can't even register on HumbleBundle with my e-mail. Keeps telling me to confirm my e-mail address but the confirmation e-mail never comes through....:(

Can't even register on HumbleBundle with my e-mail. Keeps telling me to confirm my e-mail address but the confirmation e-mail never comes through....:(

From the looks of it Humble Bundle doesn't recognize .edu e-mails. I've just registered like five accounts, but I still can't register with the e-mail I used to sign up on Kickstarter....what a pain. And they are "experiencing huge delays" so who knows when they'll get back.

Sign in to follow this