Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marksteff

DFA key / download?

So I had Humble Bundle on a different email than my Kickstarter account. I changed my email on Humble Bundle to the same one as my Kickstarter and suddenly the Broken Age ($30 tier) claim showed up. So if you have a Humble Bundle account already but it's on a different email, try changing the email in settings to match your Kickstarter email (assuming you were an original backer).

Similar problem here - a customer made a $110 pledge for me as a BDay present/thank you at the start of the campaign (best Birthday Present EVA btw!), and I have no sign of the keys. Said WONDERFUL customer is still on hols so not sure if she received them either..

While DF support long ago updated the e-mail address for updates and the forum... I can only assume the email addresses supplied to Humble Bundle were the original pledge addresses and doesn't take into account the updated addresses used by DF for sending updates?

Very very sad, especially given the number of spoiler-ific content on the DFA forums at the moment :(

- Ender

...hm... wondering: I have the "Thanks for purchasing Broken Age Kickstarter ($15 Tier) -or- Slacker Backer ($30 Tier)" from https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=... opened but there is still no beta access/key inside. Just a notice "When available, you'll be able to get all your digital content listed below right here on your download page!".

edit: [del]So what does this mean? Others get a beta but me not?[/del] it was somehow "hidden" in the steam client for me... got it. :)

Best regards, Stephan (germany)

Still in limbo here. I remembered that two years ago my email was different, but I had disabled that account due to overwhelming spam (getting bouncebacks from email spoofs of my addy). I figured I could reactivate it and get it sorted out (had double fine update my correct 'backer' email yesterday night). Except, now that the old email is active again -- I seem to be completely unable to recieve emails from Humble Bundle. My regular email works just fine, and I get emails within seconds. But absolutely nothing to my old email (despite other tests showing that it definitely works and is once again active). My only guess is, since it was deactivated, Humble must have blacklisted that email, preventing any and all emails to that address.

So, I'm stuck waiting for a response from Humble to my working email support request.

Same for me, changed my email meanwhile in Kickstarter as well as on DF Forums and didn't received any code. Already contacted DF Support via mail, Kickstarter and Tim directly via Twitter, all with no Response. I'm a KS backer on 100 bucks Tier and I'm totally disappointed about this whole shitty behaviour from DF -.-

This is what I wrote to the HumbleBundle support service via email:

"Hi, I just signed up on HumbleBundle to redeem my Broken Age backer key, but I can't find it in My Library nor in the Claim Past Purchases box.

The email I used to sign up here it's the same that I have on Kickstarter (thus, the same one used to back the project).

I'd like to have the key asap.

Thank you."

Well, I received an answer from the Humble Bundle support. This is it:

"We were unable to find an order for Broken Age under this e-mail. Did you purchase Broken Age under a different e-mail at the time of purchase by chance? Can you provide us with a proof of purchase or order ID for Broken Age? Any information will assist us with investigating and resolving this issue for you."

So, the fact that the email is the same should be clear by my first inquiry. The rest is... well, I have no words, I backed $100 and I'm still without the key and why the hell did they rely on humblebundle? So that people who pledged $15 already had the key and a fellow backer who gave a lot more it's still here waiting for who-knows-what-else-is-needed-to-get-the-damn-key?

This is grotesque.

I just sent them a new mail with the screenshot of my backer page on Kickstarter, let's hope that this time I'll get this damn key.

Never did get my old email to receive emails from Humble Bundle for some unknown reason. My original ticket response asked me to create a ticket with the old email so I could respond with that ticket number - and prove who I am I suppose. The person who responded to that ticket was kind enough to cc my current email and gave me the missing link.

So, the fact that the email is the same should be clear by my first inquiry. The rest is... well, I have no words, I backed $100 and I'm still without the key and why the hell did they rely on humblebundle? So that people who pledged $15 already had the key and a fellow backer who gave a lot more it's still here waiting for who-knows-what-else-is-needed-to-get-the-damn-key?

I would double check your forum email in your profile. I discovered that I never did update my address here, so I really only have myself to blame for my problems. I could gripe a little about Humble Bundle being overloaded and my old email failing to recieve anything from them, but it was my fault ultimately for having the wrong email linked here. :)

Humble Bundle managed to fix my problems pretty painlessly, so now I have the game tied to my regular HB account and I'm downloading it from Steam now! Really odd that they don't seem able to send emails to .edu addresses but oh well.

Sign in to follow this