Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Broken Age Impressions Videos

Not big on recording myself, so I'll share one of my favorite youtube reviewers impression video. Nerd3.

Oh, and my impression is that it's awesome. Fniished Act 1 one in one straight play.

I'm not going to make one because it won't get used lol.

Mine would be:

You spent too much money on Engine Development, Animation, VO, Graphics (art) and Contractors and not enough on Gameplay, resulting in a pretty boring (but pretty looking, with good "production values") short game, most of which is watching cutscenes and listening to VO. The puzzles are all really easy and require virtually no deliberation whatsoever.

I hope Tim's daughter likes the [del]movie[/del] game.

Here is my video, didn't record myself playing the game since i played most of it yesterday.

I don't do videos.

Thanks to everyone on the Reds Team - thanks for showing the process, thanks for being honest and upfront (even when it wasn't easy), and thanks for the first act of Broken Age. I thought the story was pulled off in a spectacular way. You lot have no way of seeing the game through others' eyes - it all came together in my head the moment when I was playing through the last part of Vella's story (I did Shay first). It was an "AHA!" moment that culminated in the all-too-satisfying finale.

Thank you a lot for your work.

Here's my one featuring bad framing and horrible background noises:

Was super cool watching through everyone's videos!

I would guess they wouldn't want that because I'm sure they plan on cut the video to their own music.

Yeah, I figured. Used my headphones :D.

Not really an impression video, but more like a first impression let's play (just started the game blindly).

And yeah, all in italian...

I'm so stoked that this is finally out!

Having grown up loving adventure games, Broken Age gave me an opportunity to expose my 5 year old to this genre that I love so much.

Thanks guys!

Here's my girl's response video!

My daughter and I playing through some of Broken Age! The game is awesome and I really enjoyed it, congrats to all at Double Fine! Thank you!

I have only tested for like 10min right now but I really dont like the way the Inventory system is handled. Its really annoying to have to scroll down to the far left just to open it. I guess I could remap some button on the mouse for it but my personal fav. is to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to open and close it. Scroll up to open and down to close :)

cept that, AWESOME :)

http://youtu.be/4k5G2ciKvEw

Here is my video! Keep it up, guys. I love ya'll. I love Broken Age. I love lamp.

Video Description:

So I had this amazing speech written out about how I'm dedicated adventure gamer and how Doublefine and Tim are gods in the gaming world and how Broken Age is a refreshing kick back to the old school adventure games but with a modern twist to it -- BUT NOPE! As soon as that camera turns on my brain is melted by its radiation and soul-stealing hardware.

Oh well. At least it's a no-brainer to play BROKEN AGE! ;)

Hey everyone, I posted a reaction video with my son and I.

We both really like the game. The art design and writing are truly superb. I am eagerly anticipating part two, and suggest that you continue to make games with this 'universe' beyond part two (a running series maybe?). I'm willing to drop some cash down for Broken age part three through seven. :)

Again, congratulations to the dev team. Kudos all around.

Edit: I did a short let's play of Shay's part with my son.

Check it out at

Been a bit distracted the past week. Is it too late for submissions?
I'd also like to know that: Is there a deadline?

Hope it's not too late! We loved the game and did a let's play of it that's up on YouTube here:

:)

Better late than never, right? ...right?

I should have my own video up very soon! (I'm having a weird issue trying to get it off my camera, bah) What's the deadline for this?

Thanks for all the kind words with these guys! The 2 Player dudes will likely start editing something together late next week, so there's still time to get yours in!

2PP has been pretty busy with all the AF videos. Hoping we can kick this out now in the weeks before development starts. Otherwise it may be after AF.

Sign in to follow this