Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Backer Beta Coming TOMORROW!

Holy smokes, that trailer gave me major chills!

Question, is the Backer Beta tomorrow going to be Mac compatible? I seem to remember that the Beta was going to be PC-only.

Yep, PC/Mac/Linux!

I can't believe that nobody celebrated the first footage of the hipster lumberjack in-game cameo. Yay!

Hipster Lumberjack, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guys, twitter is a little confused by this embargo business, perhaps you could clarify before it becomes more bad PR. I don't think it's well understood that the release tomorrow is not the official release of the game, it's a final closed beta before the release to public soon, and that's why you're asking for no reviews before. People are like 'huh, why are they embargoing a game that is releasing tomorrow' and I can sort of understand why that'd be confusing to a casual observer.

We have a press release set for tomorrow that clears up all the public stuff.

I can't believe that nobody celebrated the first footage of the hipster lumberjack in-game cameo. Yay!

Hipster Lumberjack, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's the character Wil Wheaton is voicing, right?

I'm quite excited for this and prepared in two ways:

a) Having a cold that started today, therefore giving me tomorrow off work

and

b) Weather forecast calls for lots of snow!

Vella's trailer excites me... Shay's trailer excites me... I don't know which character's story I should tackle first!

... tomorrow, you’ll receive a Humble Bundle link to a page that will contain your PC/Mac/Linux Steam code ...

Any chance we can be more specific? I know, it's complicated (that's a lot of emails) but I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to dive in the minute it comes available!

Incidentally, I visited my Humble Bundle account the other day and it had picked up the fact that I was a backer from my email and offered to add the 'Broken Age Widget' to my purchase history. The store page is just sitting there with nothing on it but a note about what will be available later but I've already claimed the page for me. What time does the switch flip on that page? I'm guessing that's a little more predictable than when the codes will be emailed.

Seth B.

The best part is that I get Act 1 on my Birthday :D BEST PRESENT EVER TOMORROW! Thank you all for such an awesome job so far cannot wait to see what is in store!

Guys, twitter is a little confused by this embargo business, perhaps you could clarify before it becomes more bad PR. I don't think it's well understood that the release tomorrow is not the official release of the game, it's a final closed beta before the release to public soon, and that's why you're asking for no reviews before. People are like 'huh, why are they embargoing a game that is releasing tomorrow' and I can sort of understand why that'd be confusing to a casual observer.

We have a press release set for tomorrow that clears up all the public stuff.

Ok! I'm just concerned that more misinformation might've got spread around by that time.

As additional digital backer rewards are released—

By the way, is there any way to upgrade a pledge? I'm a slacker backer. I'd love to have pledged for the special edition box if it's not too late.

Though it is releasing tomorrow---I won't play it until I have time this weekend. But that will also give me time to marathon all the documentary episodes.

Smiles

As additional digital backer rewards are released—

By the way, is there any way to upgrade a pledge? I'm a slacker backer. I'd love to have pledged for the special edition box if it's not too late.

Sadly i think it may be too late for that mate. I could be wrong, but i think the Slacker Backer thing was only for the game unless you paid more than the 15 before they finished up all the rewards. Again i could be wrong so dont listen to me :(

I really feel that Greg should have tried to make it clearer for those who might skim past this important part:

PLEASE: NO PUBLIC REVIEWS UNTIL JAN 27TH!!! (Yes, that includes your blog.)

I really feel that Greg should have tried to make it clearer for those who might skim past this important part:

PLEASE: NO PUBLIC REVIEWS UNTIL JAN 27TH!!! (Yes, that includes your blog.)

Agreed, this should have been more obvious in the email. People might just read the first lines and not bother with reading the rest of the mail.

So let us hear from you, and THANKS FOR BACKING!!!

Yay! Really looking forward to it! :D

Sadly i think it may be too late for that mate. I could be wrong, but i think the Slacker Backer thing was only for the game unless you paid more than the 15 before they finished up all the rewards. Again i could be wrong so dont listen to me :(

I backed near the end of 2012, so I do not remember either. I'm nearly positive I didn't have any options for additional rewards or I absolutely would have gotten them. Unfortunately, I simply didn't know about the Kickstarter campaign until after it was over.

It's my birthday tomorrow.

Oh you guys, you shouldn't have you little beauties.

Why couldn't you have been born sooner? Everyone had to wait because of you!

Nice! When will it be available for iPad and will we get access to that as a backer when we backed for $15. I rather play it on the iPad rather than the computer I think.

Can't wait!!. I will make a LP series for my spanish Youtube channel. Obviously I will take in consideration this:

"To that end, we are requesting that any videos you release of the game be cut off after the Sugar Bunting Maiden’s Feast in Vella’s world and upon meeting Marek in Shay’s world. (We don’t consider identifying these parts to be spoilers; you’ll know what we mean when you reach these points in the game.)"

I guess I can continue to upload the videos from that parts on January 27 at 10am Pacific time (6pm GMT - 7pm in Spain).

Is that correct?

(Some meme-like gif containing reaction face of absolute, unrestrained glee goes here)

Can't wait!!. I will make a LP series for my spanish Youtube channel. Obviously I will take in consideration this:

"To that end, we are requesting that any videos you release of the game be cut off after the Sugar Bunting Maiden’s Feast in Vella’s world and upon meeting Marek in Shay’s world. (We don’t consider identifying these parts to be spoilers; you’ll know what we mean when you reach these points in the game.)"

I guess I can continue to upload the videos from that parts on January 27 at 10am Pacific time (6pm GMT - 7pm in Spain).

Is that correct?

Yeah that's what they mean show only till there till 27 januari.

Preparing to allocate more brain cells to Tim Schafer's adventure game...

Wondering which memories I should lose first if I find out I have none left...

Awesome sadly I´m a newbie at reporting stuff like bugs and stuff but I´l do my best BUT I´m good keeping promises aka. keeping my mouth shut ;)

Hope to see and play the game and help report any problems if there are any on my system see you tomorrow ;)

I have a question about the Humble Bundle account needed. Do we need an account with the email we backed under? I'm kind of assuming so. My husband has a Humble Bundle account, but I don't, but I backed Broken Age. Is there any way I can use his Humble Bundle account or do I have to make my own for this?

Thanks!

Wondering which memories I should lose first if I find out I have none left...

Purge it all! Nothing is more important. Kids, family, friends... it all has to go.

I'm just making a note of my wife's name for future reference after I've forgotten it.

Sign in to follow this